Wolf Poacher
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wolf Poacher

Heavy breathing and groans came from a tree in the woods. The boy with Black and red hair rubbed his head momentarily trying to catch his breath. Slowly the boy peaked his head around the tree to see if his pursuer was still around. As he peaks his head around the tree, the man from earlier appears behind him. The boy quickly looks back to see the man. Adrenaline fills the boy's body allowing his fight or flight to kick in.

The boy quickly darts away in a random direction. As he ran, the man lifted his shirt and pulled out a pistol from his waistband. He raised the gun, aimed it at the boy, and shot. The boy's life flashed before his eyes as a bullet zipped past his face, barely grazing it. A cabin came into view giving the wolf boy a dimly lit hope. 

With all his willpower and dream of living a prosperous life, the boy ran like there was no tomorrow. The boy's hair pushed back as he ran against the wind, wet grass mushing under his tattered shoes. As he reached the front door of the cabin another bullet was shot, this time hitting him in the arm. A scream left the boy's mouth, tears beginning to stream down his face. Suddenly the cabin door opened and a hand from the dimly lit building grabbed the boy's arm pulling him in.

A man in all-black military gear slammed the door shut and covered the boy's mouth. Noticing the boy's shoulder bleeding, he sat his bag down on the floor, pulled out a small cloth, and began shoving the small cloth in the bullet wound. The boy yelped in agony but the man muffled his cries with his hand. He then pulled out a tourniquet and tightly wrapped it around his arm. Lastly, he pulled out a bottle of painkillers and a bottle of water. "Take this." He said, his voice resonating in a Russian accent. The man in black military gear removed his hand from the boy's mouth and he took the painkiller.

"Who are you?" the boy asked. "Call me Dozer," he said. The boy looked up at him, noticing dry blood on his face and a few more bruises. "What happened to you?" the boy asked hesitantly. "Got into a fight with someone and barely escaped with my life," Dozer responded. "What's your name kid," Dozer asked. "Antonio but my friends called me Fenrir." Dozer nodded in acknowledgment and put his bag back on. Dozer stopped momentarily to look at the boy's wolf-like ears. Suddenly the door swung open and Dozer acted accordingly. Before the intruder could do anything, Dozer shot them in the cranium. Their body fell to the ground making a loud thud.

Dozer stood up and looked out the window. To his shock, two more men were walking up the yard towards the cabin. "Quick, run out the back door, there should be a black sedan waiting out there," Dozer demanded. "What about you?" Antonio asked, his face showing some visible worry. "I'll fend them off and meet you at the car once I'm done," he said. "Now go!"

Antonio nodded and ran out the back door towards the car. Dozer exhaled and hid up against the wall in the kitchen. The two men entered the cabin slowly, guns in both of their hands. "Split up." one of them said. One of the men walked down the hall towards a bedroom and kicked it open. The other one slowly walked into the kitchen prompting Dozer to grab him from behind and snap his neck. Dozer lightly put the man on the floor and walked down the hall quietly. Suddenly the other man who entered the bedroom snuck up from behind Dozer grabbing his vest and pulling him to the floor. The two wrestled for quite a while before Dozer got the upper hand and picked him up. He then threw the man out the nearby window sending him tumbling onto the wet grass outside.

Dozer uses this time to make a break for the car outback. The cabin's back door swung open as Dozer ran towards the car. As he got into the car, the man the way tossed out the window shot his gun at the car, thus cracking the back windshield. Antonio who was in the car as well ducked down in fear of being shot. Dozer slid the keys into the ignition starting the car up, Its engine sounding reminiscent of a tin can being kicked.

Dozer pressed his foot onto the gas causing the car's wheels to spin and kick dirt up. As the car started to drive off, the man shot a few more times hitting the bumper and windshield. Antonio flinched at these shots whilst Dozer looked unfazed. "Put your seat belt on," Dozer said promptly. Antonio nodded and slid the belt down into the buckle making a small click. Dozer did the same and swerved off onto a dirt path. The car shook and rattled as the suspension fought against the rough terrain. "Where are we going," Antonio asked. "A meeting spot that's a few miles away" he responded. 

"What's up with the weird animal ears anyways," Dozer asked. "You don't know?" the boy responded with a confused tone. Dozer looked at Antonio for a moment before looking back in front of him. "I'm a Demi and most humans hate us," he explained. Dozer raised an eyebrow at this as he had never heard of a Demi. "Well I have no reason to hate you nor does my team so you'll be fine with us," Dozer reassured him. Antonio looked at Dozer with an expression filled with joy. 

No human was ever nice to him or his people so this was a nice change of pace. They soon reached the main road giving the boy a wave of relief. Suddenly a loud static noise came from Dozer's walkie-talkie. He quickly grabbed it and held the button on the side. "Hello?' he said. "Dozer. Harmon road. Now" the voice then cut out to complete static. "Shit we have to move, my team is in trouble," Dozer stated. Looking at the fuel gauge, Dozer exhaled and gripped the steering wheel. "We'll have to stop by a gas station and see if they have some gas we can extract first though. 

"Open the glove department, there should be a pistol in there. you're going to need it." Antonio opened the glove department and a pistol slid out. He grabbed it and inspected it. "I've never shot a gun before," he stated. "Well I'll teach you when I get the chance, does that sound good?" Dozer asked. Antonio smirked and nodded. "Alright, then it's settled."

0