Episode 11
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The warriors approach my father with an artifact shaped like chains; he refuses, but immediately one of the warriors grabs me. Seeing this, he allows them to put the device on his arms. 

My mother runs towards me and takes me by the hand. We descend the cliff's stairs and traverse the forest. We encounter my uncle Amador and my cousin. My uncle smiles and greets us, but his face tightens.

—"What's happening, Emru?"

—"It's Aleifr... I need you to take care of Mukasa."

—"Alright, but you'll have to explain later what's going on."

—"Yes, I promise."

My mother leaves with me, putting her hands on my cheeks.

—"My dear Mu, go with your Uncle Amador and your cousin. I promise I'll be back soon."

—"Don't worry, Mom, I can take care of myself. I know you and Dad are the strongest when you're together."

My mother's eyes well up as if about to cry, and she hugs me.

—"I love you, my dear Mu. I love that big heart of yours."

After my mom leaves, my cousin carries me on his shoulders and does everything he can to distract me. Both of them start singing one of my favorite songs about the ancient hero of the cave, the first herald of Altum.

However, when we are close to the Adamantita clan territory, screams assault us, and we see people running. My uncle turns around, trying to comprehend the situation. Distant sounds of destruction can be heard and the spread of fire.

Immediately, I can feel the air surrounded by a smell that makes me cover my nose. From the shadows of the trees emerge blood-red tentacles that grab people and pierce their torsos.

One of those tentacles attacks and tries to grab me, but my uncle barely manages to save me. But then, in the distance, I see my right arm on the ground. Unbearable pain assaults me, making me scream. My eyes widen in terror even more when a man covered in blood finally reveals himself from the shadows. But this blood seems to wrap around his body and move like a living being.

That is the last thing I see before losing consciousness. When I wake up, the Fire Fist clan—my father, mother, grandfather, my friends—had disappeared alongside my arm. The only thing that keeps me alive is the anger I feel against that thing. I swear I will be the one to kill it. I learn the art of Artifact Manipulation to survive and accomplish my revenge.

Anger fills my will with each passing day, but when I find the responsible after 10 years I discover the same face, the same white hair, and sharp red eyes as that of my father. Is my father the one responsible? Making our family apart, killing my friends, killing my clan, cutting my arm? Why he didn't come to find me and Mom?  

I struggle with my emotions, and my chest and abdomen tighten, but finally, I make a decision: I am going to kill him no matter what. My father died a long time ago. 

The images of memories of Mukasa slowly fade. When I regain consciousness, pain invades my arms as if they were burning; my scars glow in this crimson-red color. My fist is raised, and I feel this anger gradually enveloping my entire body. Mukasa is on the ground unconscious. I turn towards the rock steps and can see the surprised faces of the wolves. However, my gaze meets Aleifr,  Mukasa's father but also as the one responsible for the massacre of a lot of people.

I furrow my brow, and all my thoughts are invaded by the desire to kill him. I run as fast as I can in his direction. The wolves notice, but I'm already close.

The only one who reacts is the man with the wolf mask, who positions himself in front of me ready to stop me. However, I can tell he is underestimating me, so I act as if I'm going to attack with my left hand, but I use my other arm and hit him, making him fly until he hits the base of the rock steps.

Without wasting any more time, I leap onto the rock elevation and find myself face-to-face with Aleifr. He doesn't even flinch at my presence. I squeeze my fist with all my strength and strike with the intention of it being the first and last blow. My arm burns as if I had dipped it in boiling lava. I ignore the pain and direct my blow to his head.

I feel the sensation of piercing through flesh. But it's not Aleifr's head. I realize it's Aurora. My arm completely pierces through her torso, and I feel her warm blood dripping over me. I open my eyes in surprise and look into her teary eyes. Blood runs down her mouth, and she closes her eyes.

Shock makes the anger fade, and I stand there trying to process what I just did.

Suddenly, Aleifr starts laughing a looks directly into my eyes.

—"But how interesting!"

Aleifr completely ignores Aurora's body and stands up. The same pressure and the smell of blood invades me. I am petrified, and I can only watch as the same blood-red substance emerges from the bandages on his arm and begins to wrap around his left side. Unlike in Mukasa's memory, the substance stops halfway down his body. 

The wolves draw their weapons and guards but not against Aleifr.

—"I always yearned to see that side of yours, my dear friend."

My stomach churns upon hearing the voice. Lord Eru appears alongside his men with a dark grin on his face.

—"I hope I'm not interrupting."


❤️Follow me on Instagram for Illustrations.

❤️Read ahead, 4K illustrations, and support me on my Patreon.

0