Chapter 2: Hatred
170 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.


Although I had doubts in my mind about our bond, I remained at Lucious's side because I simply had no where else to go.

There were nights he allowed me to go with him and wreak havoc together. Other nights he left with out a word again and, as usual, I would wait patiently for him to arrive back to the room. It was on one of those nights that I found myself playing with the doubts more and more within my already too crowded mind.

What if some day he leaves me? What if he already has? Is this what a blood bond is like? He goes out and does whatever he pleases and leaves me behind to wither away...

He was down stairs at the tavern all along, seducing another woman.

The tavern seemed his favorite place to play. He'd once said he found the liquor smell intriguing and the women of particular interest mainly because they had an excessive amount to drink that night and fell into any awaiting man's arms.

I often wondered how he could obtain such lovely women. Even on those nights he allowed me to accompany him, he would be the one obtaining our prey.

The door squeaked open and he peered into the room."Look, Mikael. I brought another present." He held the woman's hand, leading her inside.

The woman smiled casually. The odor of booze filled the room as it lingered off her heavy breath but I didn't care. I immediately stood up off the bed and walked over to her.

I reached out my arm towards her face and brushed away a couple of hairs that had been blocking her emerald green eyes. Lucious continued to hold her tight and she continued to hold him, however her smiles were aimed at me.

And such a beautiful smile, it was. She tilted her head back and my hand moved down to her neck. My hunger spiked. I drew closer to her,trying to lure her to me, but Lucious held his ground.

"Uh uh, Mikael. Let's play a little with this one."

I immediately put my hand down and looked up at Lucious as he let her go and she staggered away.

I, of course, never played with my meals before I fed, however with Lucious around, I never had any other choice. He would never leave me to do I as pleased. That night was the same: he watched over me as Iran my fingers across her body.

She let out a giggle as I fondled her skin and slowly slipped her silky shirt from over head. But I never required the pleasures of the flesh as other vampires and humans would. Only her blood would appease me. I avoided her naked flesh and thumbed across the vein in her neck.

"No," Lucious said placing his hand around my chin to distract me.

I scowled angrily at him but went back to seducing her. I had tried to bite her three more times while making love to her but he continued to stop me.

An hour later, Lucious tapped me on the shoulder. "She's sleeping."

I stood from the bed, realizing it true. She'd passed out from the alcohol. Or was it from the rough play?

Lucious swiped her up off the floor and carried her over to the bed.

"Why would you not let me feed?"

He set her down atop the covers. "This one isn't for you."

I lowered my head in disgust. Just what was he planning?

I sat down beside the sleeping woman when Lucious straddled her,their faces disappearing in the swathe of his silvery hair. I didn't care to watch as he began to feed from her. I felt my hunger rising and yet there was nothing I could do but sit staring at the bed sheets between my legs.

"You are sick!" I found myself shouting.

"Aren't we all, my friend?" Lucious gasped as he licked the blood from her neck.

He feasted and didn't allow me a drop? How could he be the vampire of light when there is nothing here he is teaching me?

Once he was done, Lucious slid off the bed and wiped the blood from his chin. The remaining blood from the woman's wound ran down the side of her neck. I almost couldn't stand to look as the hunger swelled so bad I wanted to lunge at her, although she was already dead.

"Are you going to leave her there?" I asked Lucious as he started walking towards the door as if he was leaving again.

"You are hungry, yes?" He countered. "So I'll go downstairs and pick you up a little something. In the meantime, you can clean her up."

Anger immediately replaced my hunger. I curled my fingers into a fist, wanting to punch him, but I just sat there trying to hold off my temper. He walked out the door, leaving me to deal with the corpse.

As if the tavern is a restaurant for us vampires?

In the tavern, a pool playing competition was being held and it was down to the last few best. He had joined in on the contest and met up with a couple of players, who had happened to be men.

He took quite an interest in the first place winner of the competition and decided that he was going to bring him back for me.

It'd only taken about an hour. I had just gotten done disposing the body when Lucious return to the room.

"What about him?" Lucious asked me with a man by his side. "You have no preference, do you? He is quite handsome, don't you think?"

The man stood stock-still, lips trembling, as if Lucious just pilfered him up from the street.

Why is he playing twenty questions with me now?

"Lucious, you son of a bitch!" I howled.

I grabbed Lucious by the throat, slamming him against the wall while the man he was with fell to the floor with a whimper.

"What the hell are you thinking, Mikael?"

"What do you think? Leaving me here alone to take care of the woman you killed." I barked.

"You made a simple mistake last time, that's all. I did bring you a feast though, didn't I?" He cupped my wrist, trying to loosen my hold on him.

Strengthening my grip on his throat, I pick him up and threw him onto the floor. I made a fist and almost swung at him.

"What is this about?" Lucious asked puzzled.

"You have absolutely no idea what's going on, do you?"I sighed.

I let go of him and he staggered over to the bed.

With blind rage, I pulled out a gun that I had hidden behind the television after I first rented the room and found myself pointing it straight at Lucious.

"So you do have a preference." Lucious smiled, looking straight into the barrel.

"You are the most disgusting vampire I have ever met."

Without a thought, I fired one shot straight at Lucious, piercing himin the chest.

"You... son of a bitch... shot me." Then, with a quirky smile, he laughed. "You know that don't do any good."

He moved his hand off his chest and the bullet hole closed with just blood remaining on his hand and chest.

I knew that wouldn't do any good. Maybe it was just my frustration crying out once more? I threw the gun on the bed. My hunger spiked again as I watched the blood on Lucious's chest start to dry... I found myself collapsed on my knees.

"Damn, I'm sorry," I cried out.

"It's not the first bullet I've taken since being a vampyre."Lucious said with a certain accent.

"Vampyre? Yo—you're an elder, then?" I gasped. He was the first elder vampyre I'd ever had the chance to meet. And I... shot him! "I guess I just got a little carried away, with being hungry and needing to take care of that corpse." I apologized again.

I picked myself up and laid on the bed curled up in a ball feeling my denial and frustration taking hold of me. "So I am bound to my denial for the rest of eternity?" I closed my eyes.

"Denial. A condition most common in those vampires who were denied a taste of blood by their maker." Lucious told as if he was quoting from a book. "You don't understand the meaning of a blood bond, do you?"

The meaning of our blood bond... pain and suffering forever more...

3