Our Descent Upon an Unfamiliar World
325 6 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Urk!” Feeling like I was about to hurl, I couldn’t quite appreciate the view of the brilliance of the starry night sky when I opened my eyes. I shook my head to clear it and sat up, using my tail to steady myself. The first thing that I saw after sitting up was a weird skyline backlit by what appeared to be some weird kind of city.

I tilted my head as my mind raced while considering every possibility. Did we get warped to some backwater planet? Was there some kind of warp drive accident that tore a rift between dimensions? Wait, did that even happen anymore in the modern day? Even space pirates have better warp drives these days so that couldn’t be it. Oh whatever, I know I will just overthink it if I let myself. Let’s figure out the situation as we go and focus on survival first and foremost.

I turn my head to check on my sister, “Hey Historia? Wake up dumbass, we were transported somewhere weird.”

With a groan in response, the girl in question yawned and punched me in the face, “Oh shut up, like there’s anyone dumber than you, airhead.”

We both chuckle and shove each other for a bit before gathering our wits once more.

“Anyway, you’re right, this does resemble one of those old run-down corrupt noble domains of the human nations, doesn’t it? The way they suppress the status of their own people’s civilizations is so primitive, but I digress, I have never heard of one being this bad before. Look at that car in the distance to our left, it’s so old it reminds me of what we saw at that history museum back on planet Thane doesn’t it?”

I glanced over to where she pointed and couldn’t help but groan at the sight, “What the hell! That’s like unbelievably ancient! This planet probably doesn’t even have a spaceport which means getting off this rock is going to be a lot harder than I would like.”

We share a knowing glance, then sight in unison before speaking as one, “I don’t think we’re in Kansono anymore.”

‘“Jinx!”’ We both rushed out hoping to catch the other.

“Ah, darn it sis, why are you always so on point with these kinds of things? Yet so dense in others... This is why you're an airheaded dork, Hestia!”

“I am not sure what you mean, but if you say so Histy.”

“I don’t just say so, I know so, fool! You completely missed your shot at hitching a lifelong partner, my dear elder sister. That cute guy was completely head over heels for you back on Torzenia.”

“My dear younger sister! If you remember right, we are princesses. We have no control over who our partners will be Historia. However, as the second princess, you have more leeway than me. If you thought the man was cute, you should have acted at the time!” I finish with an exasperated sigh. I lay down with my arms and legs splayed on the ground and fixed a dreamy gaze toward the night sky. then I continued in a much softer tone to myself, “Besides, I already have my heart set on someone. That beautiful high elf girl from that ball, if only I had gotten her name back then.”

“Oh? So, you do have someone you like; I knew it! You always get quiet when you try to hide things, Hestia. In that case, let’s get our bearings and try to find our way back.”

“Yeah, yeah, so I take it we’re thinking the same thing then?”

“Heading toward the city right, Hestia?”

“What are you, a psychic? Anyway, yes, that's what I had in mind.”

“As if, you never think with that empty skull of yours.” Historia teased me back with a wink and stuck her tongue out before standing up to stretch.

“Whatever, smart ass. I am still your older sister, so I would like to think I deserve at least a little respect, ya know?” I added as I followed suit. Then playfully nudged her in the side. “Anyway, Miss Brainiac, have any idea which direction to head?”

Now that I’ve stood up and got a good look at my surroundings, I noticed that we were on a large hill at the base of a snowcapped mountain. The grass beneath our feet bristled in the gentle breeze that brushed against my wings and tempted me to take flight. There was a concrete road a little way off into the distance that we had spotted the car on earlier. Or, well, a little way off for us dragons. For a human, it would be at least 30 leagues away. The air smelled a tad humid, which was comforting for me, especially with the cool air. There seemed to be some structures situated on a bend in the road, where a few cars were parked under this strange pavilion. Further off in that direction was the city we spoke of earlier. Even if we get stuck here for a while, I think it might be rather fun to explore this antiquated planet for a while.

We ended up agreeing to head over to the weird pavilion and see if we could gather any information about this world. Though, do we even speak the same language? That might be a temporary hurdle for us, but we shall see. We decided to fly, as is our right as dragonkind. We would soon come to regret our choice though.

 

Hello there, Author here. Just letting you know that the next chapter will be a while. I hope you enjoy the rewritten story so far. Have a great day and thank you for your patience.

7