Chapter 15 : Fire in the Hole
73 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While Aaron was admiring the stats on his avatar, Pio arrived and was loaded with things that he just bought and panting heavily.

Despite his exhaustion and the clear signs of sleep depravation on his face, Pio was smiling widely because he didn't expect to buy everything Aaron requested for a much cheaper price!

"Out with it already, you're like a puppy that's desperate for attention." Aaron said.

Pio scratched his head while smiling, "According to old man Sid, Lucas is going to need two days of rest to fully recovery." Afterwards he put everything that he bought in front of Aaron's feet and continued to say : "Just like you asked I bought the Axe, Hammer, shovel, and nails from Mr Smith the best blacksmith in the village. I also went to Sophia the best Tailor around here and asked her to make a robe fitting young master Ron's size from the vest we took from Lucas, this rope is the best one I could find and it's completely made from the Tails of Rogue Monkeys... unfortunately Arturo refused to give me any discount for it and I had to buy the rope for it's original price and sold him the weapons and equipment that we don't want." He revealed a leather pouch full of Gold Coins to Aaron.

Aaron rolled his eyes when he saw Pio's regretful expression, "Just how cheap can you be?" He snorted before continuing to say : "You just earned all that money after almost dying like a stray dog in the forest earlier today, yet here you are whining like little baby after suffering a small loss to some merchant! Just give me my damn food and scram all the way to your bed already."

Pio smirked when young master Ron scolded him and opened the biggest bundle, "Old man Todd insisted on giving me these gifts and begs for your forgiveness, his wish is that you'd take care of Camila and her baby in the future." He began to expose one container after another and the house was instantly full of wonderful aromas.

"I... don't really care... about that senile old fuck... and his bitch-ass grandson... as long as they don't... dare cross me in the future... then they can consider it water under the bridge." Aaron was immediately engaged with the food and struggling to speak in between bites and chews.

Pio just smiled because he was expecting this result.

Next he retrieved a roll of leather and Aaron nodded once the overall size was acceptable.

Thinking that this would be all and Pio would take his leave, Aaron saw his bodyguard smiling before retrieving some fine clothes that suits his size.

"What? Want me to congratulate you for buying some clothes?" Aaron said while feeling confused.

"I just wanted to apologize for using your money without your permission." Pio said while avoiding eye-contact.

"Bastard! How dare you forger to buy some for your young master? I'll have you hanged right away, guards! Come get this fool." Aaron suddenly kicked the man on his leg while scolding him in a joking manner.

Pio laughed before retrieving a few articles that fit his young master Ron's size with a sly look in his eyes he opened his mouth to say : "I wouldn't dare, I wouldn't dare..."

Aaron immediately snatched the pieces of clothes and enjoyed their soft texture on his face while saying : "Now that's my favorite bodyguard, my poor balls and buttocks have suffered more than a lifetime in the span of two days! Man... you really are a life saver." He took off the linen sack from his body and unraveled the ugly and painful underwear from his waist before donning the comfortable boxer on his body and tying its rope in a knot to keep it steady on his small waist.

Afterwards Aaron choose some comfortable pants and a matching top to wear on his body before storing the rest of his clothes and the food and beverages which he isn't going to eat or drink right now in his Inventory Space, an action that made Pio gawk from surprise once his young master Ron made things disappear into thin air with a wave of his hand.

Aaron then went on to store the Axe, Hammer, shovel, nails, rope, and the roll of leather before going back to sit and enjoy his food like nothing happened at all.

Seeing Pio still standing there like an idiot when he's supposed to go to get some sleep, "Don't you have anything else to do?" Aaron asked while tearing a piece of meat with his teeth.

"Uh! I... I also used your money to buy something for... someone." Pio finally found his courage to make that confession.

Aaron smiled in amusement, "Is it Betty?" He asked.

Pio just nodded while feeling embarrassed.

"Isn't she a bit old for someone like you?" Aaron asked.

"Yeah she's like 15 years older than me but, I don't mind the age difference between us." Pio nodded before continuing to say : "Actually it's much easier for both of us, she can understand me better than girls around my age and I enjoy her company." He sounded like he's at peace.

"Don't get me wrong, I'm not against it or anything... in fact me and everyone else don't even get to say anything about your personal life. I just wonder if you plan to make a family with that excellent lady cook, I enjoyed the meal she made me a lot. You're a lucky man Pio." Aaron gestured for the pouch of Gold Coins and continued to say : "You keep that money for now and come find me after you're awake." Afterwards he continued to eat and ignored the bodyguard who excused himself before leaving the house.

"I better focus on improving my defensive Skills whenever I'm in the village, gaining Proficiency Points isn't easy and I need to save Skill Points whenever I get the chance to do so. The situation earlier today was a wake up call for me to get my hands on a wide variety of different Skills." Aaron muttered to himself while gathering the leftovers of his meal and walked outside the house to toss it in the pile of trash next street.

The neighbors kept hearing the sweet singing voice of the blue fairy that day until it was dark!

Aaron smiled in satisfaction when he saw the gain of 12 Proficiency Points to the Magic Guard Skill and 14 Proficiency Points to the Mana Armor Skill.

Afterwards he closed his eyes and fell asleep, unaware that a few minutes later Sera entered the house and kept watching him in silence for a while before gently covering his body with a thin layer of fabric.

"Just who are you? What type of power do you have to summon a Singing Fairy from the Mythical Waters?" She muttered to herself while sitting next to Aaron, "He's also able to conjure fire and use air to coat his clothes or to attack his enemies! I've never heard of anyone capable of doing so in the history of the continent. He's also able to store things within the void, that must be a very useful technique! I really envy him for it." Sera squeezed her memory for any piece of information related to Aaron's abilities within the many history tomes that she once read in the great library of the Sisterhood-branch.

Yet she couldn't find relations besides the detail about the Fairies!

Finally she decided to keep watching in silence from the side while doing her job of supervising the candidates and reporting on the situation of the Dark-Forest every few weeks.

Of course Sera wouldn't fall for the same mistake twice, she casted a Soul technique on Lucas and he would suffer a fate worse than death if he dares to try anything funny with Aaron in the future.

The technique of Soul Thorn is one of the most simple techniques that she could use on mortals yet it's still on of the most painful when it activates, whenever Lucas is having nefarious or outrageous thoughts towards Aaron he'd be wishing for a quick death instead.

Pio on the other hand received a completely different treatment from Sera who casted the technique of Soul Flare on the bodyguard, unlike Soul Thorn this ability of Soul Flare is a bit advanced within the Sisterhood and not every Whispering Sister could actually cast it.

Luckily Sera isn't lazy like Lucy and Heena, only herself and Nina could use this technique within their team of four.

Soul Flare would allow Pio to remove the limiters of his physique and explode with his full power once Ron is in danger, unfortunately that wouldn't end with a good result for the bodyguard afterwards because his body would suffer from extreme weakness and he becomes vulnerable once the duration of the technique is over.

Unleashing all the potential of his physique all at once would also result in the loss of his lifespan and Pio would lose his life if his Soul Flared twice in a row or if he relied on Soul Flare about a dozen times or so in alternative attempts.

Of course every single hunter in this Pine-Breeze Village wouldn't hesitate to fall on their knees and beg Sera to cast this technique on them if they have the choice!

Aaron slept like a baby and woke up early completely unaware that Sera spent a few hours sitting next to him, but he became aware of his visitor in the night when he noticed the thin blanket on his body.

"That silly woman." He shook his head before storing the blanket in his Inventory space, after hesitating for a while Aaron decide not to store this ugly-looking mattress or anything in the house.

'I should probably renovate this house, no... I better demolish it and construct it a new since I'm rich and I can afford it. Since I'm unable to go back to sweet and boring earth, then I'm going to live however I want in this life.' Aaron thought before tightening his buttocks, "I better fix myself a proper toilet in this house or my image is missing an essential piece, my prestigious self is going to have to use straws instead of toilet paper again! Oh hang on my poor ass, help is on the way." He made up his mind to invent a few more things in this life during that "sitting" and whoever dares stand in the way of his plans better leave a will behind first.

Ten minutes or so later Aaron left the house and all those who saw him gave him smiles or greetings, but most of them laughed while feeling amused after seeing him walk oddly and the awkward replies he gave to their greeting.

Aaron was embarrassed but he tried to ignore these nosy villagers and answered with a single word "Nothing" once they asked why he's walking bow-legged today! 'Damn it! Why don't you people just mind your damn business today? I can walk spear-legged or bow-legged if I want. Fuck straws, my ass is on fire! Fire I say.' He thought while making his way towards old man Sid's shop and kept praying that this gramps would have things in store for skin inflammation!

It took him fifteen minutes of carefully-measured steps to reach his destination and Sid was just in the process of opening his shop to customers.

"Gramps. Quickly get me something to stop the pain!" Aaron shouted once he saw old man Sid, he felt like someone who's drowning and desperate for anything to hold on.

Sid smiled when he saw Aaron then quickly frowned once he noticed his yellow and pale complexion, "Little Ron. What happened to you?" He quickly walked towards Aaron and grabbed his wrist to check his pulse.

"I woke up and took a colossal dump, maybe I ate a bit too much yesterday and my stomach couldn't handle it but my ass feels like it's on fire ever since I wiped it clean." Aaron answered.

"What did you eat? What did you use to wipe yourself?" Sid led the boy through the shop and asked while taking glass vials from different shelves on the walls.

Aaron replied : "Some of my food was made by Betty and I had that meal yesterday before dawn, it had meat, steamed vegetables, grains, and sweetened fruits.

"The one I had afterwards was made by old geezer Todd, the ones I ate were a dish of fried chicken..." He suddenly stopped talking and Sid looked at Aaron and waited for him to speak, "I think that geezer poisoned my food!" Aaron's killing intent made old man Sid feel cold all of a sudden when he felt it come flooding from the little boy's small body.

Sid swallowed his saliva nervously, "Let's not jump into conclusions," He said before gesturing for Aaron to calm then continued to say : "What did you use to wipe?"

Aaron understands that despite the disagreements between Sid and Todd, this old man Sid still considers old geezer Todd his friend and that's why he's trying to calm Aaron down.

"I prefer to use water to clean myself after I'm done but I hate putting my clothes on when I'm wet, that's why I use straw to give it a gentle scratch in the end to remove any stray shit and dry my skin at the same time." Despite feeling certain that he's the victim of a poisoning attempt, Aaron still said his piece while making plans to pay a visit to the old fucker later to settle this debt.

Unfortunately right now his ass needs immediate attention and Aaron would jump butt first into a bucket of ice if he finds any.

Sid smiled before shaking his head and saying : "I'm afraid that you was indeed poisoned, but Todd had nothing to do with it at all."

Aaron had the expression of : "I knew it!" On his face when he heard what Sid just said before his expression quickly shifted to : "What the fuck is that supposed to mean?" When he heard these final words.

"I can explain." Sid quickly picked on what he left once he noticed this "dangerous" boy about to lose his cool, "Todd uses fat collected from the Fragrant-Mushroom Pigs in his kitchen a lot, he even uses the extracted essence from the Scented-Mushroom on the body of these beasts to keep his kitchen clean from both bugs and rodents." He explained.

"What does these flying-pigs have to do with my poisoning?" Aaron felt like puking because he's always felt disgusted by these creatures, "Did he use their obnoxious fat in my food?" He asked while glaring daggers when he looked towards the direction of Todd's restaurant.

"Probably." Sid noticed how the kid wasn't pleased with the prospect and nodded carefully while thinking to himself : 'Looks like Todd is in trouble either way, even if he wasn't the one to poison this boy he caused it to happen. Maybe it was done intentionally, knowing that guy... perhaps it's true!'

Aaron felt his stomach twisting from pain, "Fucker dares to feed me that shit! I'm going to shred him to pieces." He cursed while struggling to stand on his feet.

Sid patted the kid on his shoulder, "The straws you used is what triggered the poisoning, there's this beast that's called Golden-Frog Feline which actively mark its territory and most of the straws we gather around the village has traces of their urine. Unfortunately it's bad for us when our bodies gets touched by a mixture of that nasty urine and the fat from Fragrant-Mushroom Pigs, young master Ron is just unlucky and happened to be affected in that "sensitive" area!" Afterwards he pulled a wooden barrel from a corner of his shop and began to pour some drops from the glass vials that he prepared earlier while continuing to say : "Actually nothing of this would've happened if you washed the straws with some water first but that wouldn't dry anything. Hehehe..."

Aaron just rolled his eyes at Sid before deciding to send Todd a warning not to use any of that Pig shit in the future otherwise he's really asking for trouble for himself.

Sid dragged the wooden barrel towards the area behind the shop and filled it with fresh water before swirling it with a huge ladle to dissolve the mixture of liquids that he added earlier before gesturing for Aaron to jump in.

Aaron took off his top and pants before soaking in the barrel and he could immediately feel the heat going down from his butt.

'I'm embarrassed to say it but, this feels nice!' He thought.

*****

Hurtstorm, I hope I'm making you proud in the way I include these creatures and ingredients of yours.

Mortous, didn't I say no bullying? How come my poor "Nonexistent" readers keep complaining that you're preventing them from giving me likes and leaving comments.

Please stop using the whiteboard eraser, thank you!

8