Chapter 25 : Inspecting
47 8 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Pio smiled when he saw his young master and this Honorable Sister seemingly enjoy this moment of peace and happiness.

Of course Aaron would've punched his bodyguard in the face if he could hear these nonsensical thoughts Pio is having!

Sera on the other hand was loving every second of their time together and leisurely chased after the kid while nibbling on the Apple in her hand.

'This is so good. I should probably keep bullying this rascal everyday if he doesn't give me more! Humph, he really does deserve a beating with that attitude of his.' Sera thought when a single Apple didn't satisfy her appetite.

But Sera didn't ask for more right away since she already kept the seeds that she gathered from three Apples and decided to be patient in having her moment of sweet revenge on this brat after her plans succeed, of course that can only happen after she manages to plant and grow those seeds.

Aaron released a sigh of relief when Sera got off of his back once he arrived at grandpa Sid's shop, Pio had already went ahead to inform Sid about what happened to his young master in the smithy.

"Should I feel good that you're visiting this old man regularly or feel bad because you're injured?" Sid seemed amused when he said that, but his fingers kept gently feeling the humerus bone on each arm.

"I'd gladly visit you everyday if the circumstances allows me to do so grandpa Sid," Aaron leaned back on the bed and frowned when his ribcage announced its complaints with a wave of pain, "I'm afraid Mr Smith was really heavy-handed and almost sent me to meet my maker, I better stay clear from that guy whenever he's feeling such deep and heart-felt excitement." He relaxed once the old man finished diagnosing his condition then began to apply some ointment on his chest and back before wrapping it with straps of some cotton-like fabric.

Sid just laughed when he heard Aaron still in the mood to joke despite being in such a bad condition and admired his strong character more than anything, "Well. That's expected from someone like him, after all that fellow's origin is quite unique."

"Unique! How so?" Aaron pulled his T-Shirt down to cover his bandaged chest.

"Didn't you notice?" Sid seemed quite surprised, after all this kid is usually quite sharp.

Aaron replayed his memories of Mr Smith and the only difference that man has if compared to his bodyguard is that he's quite tall and physically strong, his skin color wasn't that dark and his intelligence wasn't that high but his character is both pure and gentle by nature.

The blacksmith's height could be attributed to genetics, his insane physical strength could also be attributed to his genetics and his clear dedication to his tough profession.

Seeing Aaron's lack of response to his question made Sid doubt if this kid suffered some brain damage too!

"He's a half-breed with mix-blood, his impure blood has both Giants and Barbarian's blood." Pio was the one to speak and give his young master the answer he wants.

"Thankfully for all of us he's more of a Giant than a Barbarian," The old man handed Aaron a cup of medicine that tastes horrible but gave him an instant boost of +15 HP when he drank it then +5 HP every 30 Seconds, "Otherwise he wouldn't have been that tame by nature and our village would've been under his rule instead of Peter."

Pio nodded when he heard Sid before adding : "Back when I was a kid my old man took me to Windy-Cliff Town and I happened to see a Barbarian woman kill four fully-armed guards with her bare hands after they harassed her, it happened so fast and seemed too easy for her to do it which felt easier than a kid pulling some grass! Kept having nightmares for months after that day."

Sid smirked when he saw fearful expression on Pio's face, "Slaughtering, conquering, taking, and burning. That's what they do best, Barbarians are famous of being one of the best fighters in the continent and one of the worst neighbors anyone could ever have."

'Maybe they're not as good as young master Ron when it comes to burning, I believe he's really without a match!' Pio thought to himself while stealing a side-glance at the kid.

"Then... are Giants quite the opposite of Barbarians?" Aaron asked.

"Indeed." Sid nodded before continuing to say : "They're quite a recluse Race that's famous for being adored by nature itself, most Giants are experts in forging all sorts of metal and even the most extremely difficult materials wouldn't trouble Giants at all."

"Some say their ancestors used to take residence on top of active volcanoes and use Fire directly from the heart of Earth itself to do so, that's why their skin is so thick and durable!" Pio added and seemed excited when he imagined how it's like to live as a Giant in ancient times.

Old man Sid shook his head and smiled when he heard what Pio just said but he didn't even bother to refute the young man, "The only Race with superior craftsmanship are Dwarfs, simply because the Dwarf Race could do better when creating items forged from metal and build or construct. Meanwhile the Giant Race is quite lacking when it comes to building or constructing because they're mostly... how to say it?" He seemed to struggle with expressing it with a single word.

"Slow?" Aaron inquired.

Sid's eyes brightened when he heard it and he fisted his palm while nodding repeatedly, "Exactly! They're not stupid but not that bright either, if you get what I mean. On the other hand Dwarfs are constantly improving their craft by learning from other Races while Giants doesn't do the same because they're usually secluded, both of these two Races have the same passion though."

"Yeah. They also love to drink, like a lot!" Pio added.

'Giants, Dwarfs, and Barbarians! This world is quite diverse, hopefully nothing "funny" happens around me. At least until my bones hardens a bit more, I'd really hate it if I'm forced to give it my all and fight against unfair odds.' Aaron thought.

Lucas's arrival gave halt to the conversation and all three pairs of eyes looked towards him, Sera didn't join Aaron and Pio when they entered Sid's shop and just gave the old man a polite nod to greet him before taking her leave.

"Young master. Chief Peter would like to hear your opinion about what to do with Mr Smith's smithy, the men cleared the place of all the debris and the furnace is undamaged." Lucas reported.

"First, the smithy needs to expand. The area of thirty square-meters surrounding the furnace needs thick-walls and ceiling built of the sturdiest stone available.

Second. We also need two storage-rooms for raw material and finished products the size needs to be wide and big enough to accommodate our future plans.

"Third. Make sure that there's sufficient space for our workforce to operate without unnecessary interruptions.

"Fourth. We're going to need housing for the ones working in the smithy, that could be delayed until these people actually arrive but it would be better if we're prepared for it beforehand." Aaron listed his requirements quickly before adding : "Also make sure that the men under your care get to sleep under a roof and eat proper meals, the Chief should provide all that since they're going to work for him in the smithy. Make sure to notify these men that they're going to receive their payment from Mr Smith, Arturo, and myself not from Chief Peter, anything "funny" isn't going to be tolerated in this village and I'd punish them myself if I have to." Afterwards he dismissed Lucas with a gesture of his hand and the man left to deliver the message to Chief Peter.

Afterwards Aaron thanked old man Sid before leaving the shop with Pio who didn't forget to pay for his young master's treatment.

"Where should we go now young master Ron?" Pio asked.

"Since I can't go train and it'd be boring to spend the time watching the men build the smithy while Sera would keep bullying me if I go sit at the gate with her, I guess the only thing left for me to do is rest but... first I have to eat." Aaron muttered before walking towards his next destination while continuing to say : "Follow me Pio. Let's go check on your woman and see if she's happy and treated well in old man Todd's kitchen, better yet if we sample the food ourselves. I might really burn the whole place down if I find out that he's still using Pig shit to feed the good people of my beloved village. Humph."

'He really is worse than Barbarians!' Pio thought while following his young master Ron but made sure to keep that to himself.

Rodd was sweeping the entrance while his eternal wife was sitting to the side and seemed busy at work with a piece of leather in her hand.

The young man was given a fright when he saw Aaron coming towards the restaurant with his bodyguard behind him, Rodd tossed the broom to the side and ran inside to report the arrival of this jinx to his grandfather.

"Hmm. Oh! You're here... young master Ron." Camila was surprised when her silly man escaped before noticing Aaron and Pio, she immediately got up and greeted the kid who changed her life.

"Just call me Ron." Aaron said before looking inside the restaurant and continued to say : "I'm here to inspect the kitchen and Pio is here to flirt with Betty."

"Heh." Camila giggled.

"Huh!" Pio gawked and felt betrayed as if his young master just kicked him to the wolves.

'Humph. You're here to bully Todd, don't make it sound like we're here because of me! And I flirt every night with Betty... you're making me look bad here young master Ron.' Once again Pio kept his thoughts to himself.

but he was unaware that Aaron is still holding a grudge against him and Lucas after they ran and left him exposed earlier today and Aaron ended up suffering because of it.

"Come. I'm sure grandpa Todd and Betty are going to be delighted with your visit." Camila held Aaron's hand and led him inside the restaurant through the garden.

Pio just rolled his eyes because Camila really ended up misunderstanding their reason of visiting Todd's restaurant then sighed before following them.

Todd came running to greet Aaron while dragging his grandson behind him by the ear!

"What a wonderful surprise! This is turning to be one of the best days of my life. Welcome, welcome, welcome young master Ron." While bowing politely, Todd was pushing at the head of his grandson to do the same and kept greeting the boy as if he's his very own ancestor.

*Snort*

"I'm here to inspect your kitchen." After saying that, Aaron walked past the old geezer and his spoilt-rotten grandson before stopping and continuing to say : "Lead the way!" Because he doesn't know where the fuck is the kitchen in this damned place.

"Of course! It'd be my honor to give you a tour in my humble place." Todd was instantly smiling and acting all greasy which made his grandson gawk while watching it happen.

"Come." Camila ordered and Rodd reacted to her order almost instantly, "You're never allowed to provoke Ron or disobey his orders."

"Yes." Rodd immediately nodded and answered.

"Good. Now let's go to our room, I need a bath before my nap." She smiled widely while tracing her fingers at her man's cheek.

Pio watched it all happen while feeling his stomach twist from both fear and disgust!

He felt thankful that his relationship with Betty is nothing like Rodd's relationship with Camila, being under someone's complete control for eternity is hell.

The most frightening thing is that Rodd doesn't seem to even notice anything.

While feeling a cold shiver on his spine, Aaron's bodyguard left the poor girl who suffered a traumatic experience enjoy her time with her "toy" in private.

'I better take care of Betty whenever I get a chance.' Pio thought once he saw his woman smile towards him, clearly very happy by this unexpected surprise.

"Let me ask you this, you better answer with the truth." Aaron said while looking Todd right in the eyes, "Do you still do Pigs? Like cook their meat and use materials extracted from their fat and all that shit." He asked while inspecting the clean kitchen with his eyes.

"Absolutely not!" Todd answered, "I got rid of everything once Pio told me what happened to you because of my mistake, please believe me. I'd never risk it happening again to any one of my customers and especially not to you, young master Ron."

"Hmm." All he got from Aaron was that humming sound.

Todd felt nervous at the lack of response then pointed towards Betty, "You can ask Betty! She was here yesterday when merchant Arturo and me sealed the deal."

Aaron saw Betty smiling widely and shaking her head, not because she's denying that it happened but because she's aware that this kid is here to mess around and get a free meal.

Of course Betty heard it from Pio who also whispered a few extra words of praise where he mentioned her charm and beauty plus the naughty things he wishes to do to her tonight!

"Alright then. I'll believe you this time but... things could get very ugly very quickly if I find out that you're back to using that Pig shit." Aaron shrugged before strolling in the kitchen at a leisurely pace.

"Thank you young master Ron. I'll make sure to remember not to disappoint you or betray your trust in the future," Todd released a stifled breathe before gesturing in a welcoming manner towards the guest-area of his restaurant, "Please, it'd be terribly rude of me to keep welcoming you in my stuffy kitchen."

Aaron puckered his lips slightly to stop himself from smiling, bullying this old geezer isn't fun at all especially when this fellow is playing the part of being submissive and obedient extremely well.

Todd led the kid to a clean table then excused himself once Aaron took his seat.

Pio also went to "help" the old geezer in the kitchen.

"Not again!" Aaron frowned when he saw Sera climbing the stairs slowly and smiling at him exactly like a Cat that's enjoying the moment after cornering a Mouse.

7