Death: knight in shining armor
406 2 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Moments ago, the adventurers had found themselves swarmed by a legion of undead. They struggled to keep away and were being overwhelmed. The undead skeletons were a hurdle that they couldn’t fend off, for each one they killed another took its place and their numbers didn’t decrease and made their efforts seemingly meaningless. 

Each minute they spent fighting trying to save themselves and the people was a minute that took up resources, the potions redistributed by the guild to every available team were running out and the undead did not even seem to be stopping, it did not quite help that the adventurers were mostly fighting in a defensive position trying to protect the guild full of people rather than try and push the undead back, it also didn’t help that the moment this began some of the more inexperienced adventures freaked out and got killed prematurely making things a lot harder.

The situation had been all around terrible and they could only wait for the reinforcements or die, they could not escape anywhere but they still held their ground, the odds were against them but they persisted and a majority of the adventurers had felt a sense of pride for being able to hold out, after all they protected the people till the reinforcements arrived that was something worthy of praise, right?

That is certainly true however when a person with strength that surpasses your own arrives, one cannot help but lament the fact that they’re weak and they can’t help but berate themselves for it after all what kind of losers struggle against skeletons? Weak low-level undead were laughable, yet they struggled against such creatures. They had no right to be proud of that.

A young blonde man wearing shining armor and a sword strapped on his waist seemingly demonstrated this fact to them, showing them what a truly strong individual looked like as he eliminated undead with relative ease. The smile of joy that was plastered on his face spoke volumes about his strength and displayed the lack of a threat these undead were to him, it was a mocking smile directed to the hard work that adventurers had put in to protecting the guild or at the very least that is how they interpret the look of joy on his face.

They watched in awe as the blonde haired knight move at speeds that surpassed their own by leagues, the undead that had seemed like a swarm that would overwhelm anyone could not get past him, like a wall blocking their path, with a single punch from him had enough force to destroy ten undead at once and when it seemed like a group was about bypass him and get behind him, a single swing from his arm destroyed them, slicing them into dust, not only that but the adventurers could not tell if it was due to his speed or something else but the undead could hardly land a hit on him, it was an impeccable display of power and skill that none could replicate and none would forget.

“Who is that guy?!!!”

One of the adventurers asked as they witnessed the spectacled unfold before them.

“don’t know he must be a person the reinforcements sent ahead”

Another answered with his eyes keen on what was happening, vigilant and waiting for a chance to act should an undead manage to get past the blonde knight. The adventurers were already aware that they would be a nuisance if they tried to help, so they stood by and will provide support should an undead slip through.

“By the looks of things, he just might finish of the undead by himself.”

“when he got here he got rid of the undead that were surrounding us now there’s an escape route for the citizens and now it looks like he’s about to defeat a whole army of undead by himself, this is crazy!!”

“He has to be at least Adamantite class”

Whispers began to circulate around the spectators and some of the citizens, some speculating his identity and some making guesses about his level of strength, it didn’t take long before a few began to cheer the knights on, the bleak and terrible situation had turned around and the looming threat of death was gone, the least they can do is cheer on the person responsible.

.

Arthur was ecstatic, his body felt light as a feather as he moved with elegance and grace dodging attacks from the undead and retaliating, he hadn’t thought of himself as fast however he seemed to be moving at unprecedented speeds that surprised him but it was a welcomed surprise, with [Fillet and Dismantle] he could obliterate the undead from afar while also being able be close enough to punch them as well, with [ultra instinct] he didn’t need to pay much attention on dodging.

‘This is kind of fun’

He thought as he used Fillet to slice apart undead along with a few buildings, his body moved on its own and dodged multiple attacks aimed at his torso by moving back before retaliating and punched forward destroying a large number of undead in front of him. Once again his body moved, he quickly ducked down evading a sword slash from the side that was aimed as his head, he then spun around and used his left leg kicking to the side clearing the undead from his left side he also used Fillet to destroy any undead on his right side, giving himself more breathing space. Unfortunately, despite his efforts, more showed up filling up the numbers, almost as if they never decreased.

“Okay this is getting repetitive”

He spoke, he was having fun killing undead and showing his strength, he didn’t really think that this was something he was going to enjoy as much as he did after all he’s just fighting undead and trying to fulfil apart of Renner’s plan but for some reason the prospect of fighting was something that was appealing to him something he found it fun to do, it was exciting that he was using powers and skill things he only ever saw on Television, to put it more aptly he felt like an anime protagonist and loved it, this was practically a dream come true however right now fighting skeletons was becoming boring he wanted something better.

“Sir Arthur!!”

A voice he recognized shouted and pulled him from his concentration of the undead and turned his head towards it, it was Gazeff and it seemed like the reinforcements had arrived, or rather what took them so long? Arthur was certain they were right behind him when they entered the city.

“Leave the undead to us. Your strength is needed elsewhere!!!”

Gazeff shouted as he pointed upward towards the cemetery, while he was informing Arthur of what to do behind Gazeff the civilians were be loaded on to horses and were being sent off, allowing them escape from the city and Gazeff’s warrior troops were already in arms ready to fight. Seeing this, Arthur smiled.

‘perfect’

Arthur thought, Everyone had seen him hold off the undead and Gazeff’s shouted his name, the first part of the plan is mainly complete, now he just has to defeat Kahijit and further demonstrate his prowess.

.........

A/N: Two more chapters and we close this arc, the next arec will be about Eight fingers and dealing with that organization, I'll also try and build on the relationship between Mc and Renner.

24