Discovering a new skill
747 3 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Next day]

Renner sprung forth from her bed and abruptly sat upright. Her crusted eyes were wide open, and she yawned and stretched her body to loosen it before rubbing off the crust from her eyes. She awoke with a great sense of satisfaction and excitement today. It wasn’t just today, yesterday, too. She found herself more excited and happy than usual, and she was aware of who it was that was the cause.

A handsome knight that had recently fallen right into her lap and was now her ticket in achieving her dreams, for the longest time she has had no ambition for the Re-estize kingdom aside from living her life in tranquillity, that wasn’t because she truly had no ambitions but because she had been stuck in a state of powerlessness that she wanted for nothing but to live her life. Of course there were instances where she used her intellect and charm to try and influence things but even then that wasn’t enough, the nobles seemed agree but only to appease her as the golden princess but in actuality they held zero respect for her, she was but a shelter flower that that they wished to take ownership of, a trophy to be had.

“that will end soon enough”

She smiled to herself, with Arthur by her side all her dreams will come true, of course she needed to have him infatuated with her, she wants him to love her with all his might, of course she herself is willing to give him whatever he needs in return for his loy…. 

Her thoughts paused there as his handsome Visage flashed in her mind, and she fully realized what it truly meant to give him everything he needs, her cheeks turned to a rosy pink hue at such a realization.

“Perhaps not everything”

She denied, however, thinking about it further. The idea didn’t seem like a bad one. After all, it would only be a fair trade, nothing but a reward for his loyalty.

“perhaps…”

Realistically speaking, what can she offer him that he won’t already get as her knight? Being a knight to the royal family pays very well, so giving him more money seems a bit redundant if not a bit wasteful, she wondered if he’d like his own mansion or like the title of Baron but those aren’t things she can give away, he would have to complete an amazing feat to receive those, her plans already include him doing something extraordinary to gain the trust of the kingdom so a title and a mansion will come naturally.

The issue here is what can she give him that would facilitate the need for their relationship to continue further into the future, other nobles can and probably will try to bribe him into leaving her side as such she needs him to give him something they can’t .

“Mhm, maybe”

A small blush appeared on her face before she quickly shook her head to dispel such unholy thought, grabbing the rope above her bed she pulled and signalled her maids to come to her chambers to get her ready for the day. 

“we should spend time together so that I can know him better. It will be easier to know what he wants if I do that”

Another thing that may have been the cause to her excitement was Arthur’s display of power yesterday, which had made her excited for today as well, if he truly possessed great power becoming queen would be much easier in fact she might follow in the footsteps of the Emperor and walk the bloody route as well, although being called the “bloody queen” wasn’t something she was keen on.

…..

Arthur found himself giddy with excitement and wonder as he watched the training dummy that was sliced in half by the mere swing of his sword, of course cutting something with a sword isn’t impressive however what had made him excited was the fact that he was quite literally 20 meters away from the dummy.

His initial goal was to simply swing the sword to check if he could emit some sort of sword slash or something similar however that wasn’t the case, there was no sword slash that travelled towards the dummy but instead with a simple swing the dummy that was 20 meters away was sliced clean in to two halves, that wasn’t all, the ground had been cleaved in a straight line that lead to dummy

“what exactly happened before I was transmigrated here?”

He asked, he had thought that he had Artoria’s powers because had Excalibur and looked like the male version of her which was Arthur, he didn’t particularly understand how the plastic armour and sword suddenly turned to actual amour and a sword, that definitely didn’t make any sense even for an isekai. 

“this is definitely the cut and cleave technique”

He muttered before letting go of Excalibur and the using his hand to swing downward, there was a seconds delay however the result was the same, the ground was sliced clean, sent a straight line that bisected another training dummy.

“First ultra instinct now this? Were these wishes I made? If so I must be dumb because I could have asked for something much better than just Ultra instinct and Sukuna’s cleaved technique, fucking hell!!”

He cursed himself for being dumb, he was definitely familiar with the idea of Rob, which was the random omnipotent being that granted wishes to various weebs that died, he had read plenty of fanfiction to understand the concept.

“fucking hell what else did my dumb ass wish for?”

Ultra instinct was definitely cool but there were so many cool skills that he could have wished for, like imagine breaker or vector manipulation, or limitless or maybe even reality warping. He palmed his own face and sighed.

“well I was fresh off watching fate stay night and had recently finished overlord a few nights prior so my dumb self probably didn’t think properly, oh well can’t change anything now”

He shrugged his shoulders and accepted his decisions and besides UI and Sukuna’s technique weren’t terrible abilities so it was fine, although he doubts they’ll be enough for this verse, since there’s dragons and world items, Excalibur is his Trump card so it’s best to keep shut about its abilities and hopefully it isn’t massively nerfed. 

“I should be careful of the black scripture since the slain theocracy has world items, then there that guy Riku and the elf king that I’ve heard is dangerous”

He’s going to need to train and figure out the type of other skills he has in his Arsenal, that way he knows his limits should he face an opponent that is actually powerful and has world items.

“Sir Arthur, so this is where you were”

He was suddenly interrupted by Gazeff who arrived at the training grounds, Arthur had been alone in the training grounds because he had woken up quite early to test himself out and although he did spend an hour trying to figure out what to test before settling on a sword swing and discovered the cleave technique.

“Oh Gazeff, yeah sorry I needed to test somethings out considering I’ll be displaying my talents for all to see today”

“Aye, I can see that, that’s quite the clean cut”

He said as he observed the line one the ground and followed it to the training dummies and saw two that were each bisected into equal halves.

“is that why you didn’t use a your sword yesterday? Because of this”

He asked while also eying Excalibur at Arthur’s waist, Gazeff could not help admire such a beautiful sword. The country’s national treasures paled in comparison, he wondered how it felt to grip it’s hilt, the sharpness of it. The blade may be more visually appealing than Razor Edge but that didn’t mean it was superior.

“yes, I’m afraid sometimes I enjoy the battle too much and forget that it’s just a training exercise, some of my knights often complained I was too rough”

He chuckled as he finished his statement, of course that last part was a complete lie but it would look suspicious if he never mentioned anything about how he spent his time in his home continent, by sharing fond memories of his life he further convinces them that the lie he told was true.

“I understand completely, some of my knights complain when I get a bit rough on the training too”

“was there something you needed?”

“The princess wishes to see you”

“very well then lead the way”

He informed Gazeff and the two went off, he wanted to Continue training and figuring out his skills but he can’t really ignore a summons plus seeing her face was pleasing, the girl was incredibly beautiful far more beautiful than she had seen in the Anime.

‘Renner is the cunning type I can’t be careless around her, my relationship with her should be that of equals rather than that of servant, to do that I have to carefully understand her wording of things and read her intentions and above all I need her to trust me.

......

42