Chapter 52: The Azure Dragon Descends
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The full power of the Coiling Dragon Halberd was unleashed, spreading the majestic aura of the divine dragon's bloodline indiscriminately in all directions. It was as though the spirit incarnate of the divine weapon dancing above the sea of blood clouds was not merely an artifact's spirit but a true ancient god-tier creature.

Feeling the overwhelming presence of the divine dragon, Bakker could no longer control the Nine-Turn Phoenix Blade in his hands, which started to tremble violently. He involuntarily released all his strength in a single slash, his most powerful attack to date. He bellowed to boost his morale: "Kid, take this blade from me, the Flurry of Fiery Feathers!"

Bakker channeled all his essence, spirit, and mana into the fiery-red Nine-Turn Phoenix Blade he held aloft. Astonishingly, the blade's color transitioned from red to orange, then from orange to yellow, with hints of white emerging within the yellow, before finally turning to azure.

Bakker dove towards Yudel, swinging the azure blade downwards. Behind him, the fiery phoenix exploded into a sky full of burning feathers. Drawn by the blade's momentum, these feathers shot towards Yudel, changing from red to azure flames before striking the soaring azure dragon incarnation.

A heavy metallic clang resonated as Yudel, with both hands on the Coiling Dragon Halberd, blocked Bakker's downward slash. The sky filled with fiery feathers, each one adding to the weight of Bakker's blade strike and increasing the burning heat emanating from the blade.

The Coiling Dragon Halberd's azure dragon form twisted and turned in the air, shattering most of the falling fiery feathers, but the continuous shower of feathers increased the burden on Yudel, causing his arms to slightly bend.

"Heh, now that's more like it," Yudel grinned, his eyes sparkling with excitement as he locked gaze with Bakker. Bakker felt a chill run down his spine, as if he were being preyed upon by a ferocious beast.

Taking a deep breath, Yudel's muscles swelled, and a burst of explosive power surged towards Bakker. From Bakker's perspective, a majestic mountain phantom slowly appeared beneath Yudel, rising steadily upwards. Feeling an irresistible upward force on his blade, Bakker, left with no choice, placed both hands on the handle to resist the growing pressure.

Yet, the mountain's ascent seemed unaffected, rising slowly but firmly. From the soldiers' viewpoint in the camp, what materialized under Yudel was not merely a mountain but a god-like titan lifting the mountain with ease, eventually holding it aloft with a single arm, stretching it straight into the sky.

The laws of the world resonated with the image of Yudel's titan lifting the mountain, embedding the name of this move in the minds of all who witnessed it. War Technique: Coiling Dragon Halberd Method - Lifting the Mountain.

In the sky, Yudel's previously bent arms were now fully extended. In Bakker's astonished eyes, Yudel, like a titan incarnate, released his left hand. He single-handedly held the Coiling Dragon Halberd, countering the heavy pressure of the Nine-Turn Phoenix Blade.

To Bakker's despair, Yudel began to slowly rotate his wrist, lifting the blade of the halberd closer to Bakker's throat by wrist strength alone.

Feeling an overwhelming sense of doom, Bakker hastily retracted his incomplete attack technique "Flurry of Fiery Feathers" and fled swiftly using his ability to float.

"Hmph!" A cold snort followed by Yudel's disdainful taunt, "Trying to flee?"

With a step on the blood clouds beneath his feet, Yudel vanished, reappearing instantly behind Bakker who was fleeing at high speed.

The spirit incarnation of the Coiling Dragon Halberd, the azure dragon, let out a heaven-shaking dragon roar, chasing Yudel at incredible speed.

Yudel stepped on the blood clouds again, disappearing and reappearing above Bakker's escape path.

"How dare you flee in the midst of battle! What right do you have to wield the national treasure of the Fire Feather Nation, to call yourself a general, to even live in this world?" Yudel, holding the Coiling Dragon Halberd in his right hand, gathered all his strength and smashed it down towards Bakker.

The spirit incarnation of the Coiling Dragon Halberd, now above Yudel, spiraled down alongside the halberd's swing, diving fiercely.

Bakker, barely managing to summon his Phoenix Dharma Body in time, held up his blade to meet the descending Coiling Dragon Halberd.

A thunderous collision ensued as the halberd and blade met, the phoenix and the divine eastern dragon entwined in battle.

As the battle raged, Yudel's fighting spirit soared, completely overpowering Bakker. However, Bakker's Nine-Turn Phoenix Blade continuously spat out scorching flames, revitalizing the spiritually and physically exhausted Bakker, thanks to the blade's inherent skill: Phoenix Nirvana, Rebirth from Flames.

This almost limitless endurance granted by the weapon's skill allowed Bakker to persist.

Yudel frowned slightly but then his expression turned resolute. He suddenly withdrew the Coiling Dragon Halberd and, with another step on the blood clouds, shot up into the sky, disappearing from sight.

As Bakker was left puzzled, an abrupt change occurred. Time seemed to slow, all tumult and chaos frozen within the endless expanse of the sky. In the next instant, a deeper, more ancient dragon roar, as if echoing through aeons, suddenly emanated from the unreachable ends of the heavens. The sound shook hearts and cleansed souls.

Following the dragon's roar, the sky transformed dramatically. The calm blue sky and white clouds instantly became tumultuous and unpredictable, as if a dormant power had been awakened. Winds rose from silence, clouds gathered formlessly, and in the blink of an eye, dark clouds swirled like a tide, filling the entire sky with an unstoppable momentum, obscuring the sun, moon, and stars, plunging the world into darkness and oppression.

A violent storm swept across the land, its ferocity as if intending to tear apart every inch of space. Suddenly, an extreme vortex formed where heaven and earth met, stirring the heavy clouds into a scene that shook the soul.

In the center of this vortex, a scene reminiscent of the chaos at the beginning of the world appeared, and a majestic azure dragon head emerged, its gaze fierce, exuding endless majesty and power. The dragon head alone was larger than Bakker's Dharma Body, breaking through the clouds with a somewhat bewildered look, then spotting the phoenix hovering below.

The dragon head let out a deafening roar of anger, like thunder striking directly into the heavens, its force causing the world to change color. From the vortex's depths, enormous and fierce dragon claws tore through the heavy clouds.

Then, an eastern divine dragon revealed itself in a spectacular posture. It had the antlers of a deer, the head of a camel, the eyes of a demon, the neck of a snake, the belly of a clam, the scales of a fish, the claws of an eagle, the palms of a tiger, and the ears of a cow.

This divine dragon shone with a strong azure light, dazzling to behold. Each breath and movement stirred the air, causing clouds to roll and winds to howl, as if even heaven and earth trembled before its immense power.

Despite Bakker's swift escape, the soldiers in the Fire Feather camp, now distanced from the scene, were still stunned by the terrifying spectacle.

Meanwhile, Lilith, who was coordinating with the Holy Light Priests to maintain the Holy Light defensive magic array, gasped in shock, "Oh my goodness, you fool, how could you use that move?"

She raised her Crescent Cross Staff high, opening her lips to sing a solemn, sacred, and melodious hymn. As the hymn played, the brilliance of the Holy Light barrier intensified, with giant sacred texts shimmering on it, flickering brightly.

Hearing Lilith's hymn, the Holy Light Priests scattered throughout the camp clasped their staffs and began to chant praises to the Holy Light, their voices growing louder and the sacred texts on the barrier stabilizing, continuously emitting dazzling light.

Meanwhile, the distant Bakker was completely intimidated by the overwhelming presence of the divine eastern dragon, feeling rigid and struggling to move.

Yet, his seventh-tier Nascent Soul vision allowed him to see the small figure standing proudly on the giant dragon head, holding the halberd, slowly rotating it.

The halberd, which Yudel had wielded with ease, now seemed incredibly heavy, and rotating it appeared to be a struggle. His face twisted in effort, veins bulging on his forehead, but his smile remained, his eyes gleaming with excitement.

"Aah...!" Yudel's muscles bulged, and the blood-colored totems on his body flickered ceaselessly, emitting large clouds of blood mist. The halberd in his hands spun faster, drawing the surrounding winds and clouds into a vortex centered around Yudel.

Soon, a new tornado formed in the sky.

The giant azure dragon let out a desolate and ancient roar, charging upwards until its entire body was stretched into a vertical line.

Then, the dragon suddenly lowered its head, switching from rising to diving, drawing a reverse U-curve in the high sky, dragging the surrounding winds and clouds towards Bakker and his phoenix.

The clouds, influenced by the tornado, formed a rapidly spinning conical funnel.

At this moment, it was as if the heavens were collapsing.

The laws of the world resonated strongly with the diving momentum of the divine eastern dragon, and the name of this move entered the consciousness of everyone present. War Technique: Coiling Dragon Halberd Method - Azure Dragon Descends!

Standing on the dragon's head, Yudel stopped the spinning halberd, lifting it above his head and channeling all his remaining strength to smash it down towards Bakker, who was desperately defending with his blade.

However, this time, Bakker's defense could not withstand the immense downward momentum of the giant azure dragon. He and his phoenix, like a tiny sparrow swallowed by the dragon, were crushed into the ground with the force of a collapsing tornado.

0