Chapter 56: The Wolf King Lumiya
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the central command tent, a diminutive guard was passionately discussing strategy over a sand table, with the Saint King and the Holy Maiden listening intently, nodding in agreement.

Finally, Xavier finished his tactical exposition, looking expectantly at Sky (Yudel), eager for the Saint King's thoughts on his discourse.

Sky (Yudel) stood, approached him, and clapped Xavier on the shoulder. "Brilliant, I believe we can proceed with your plan for the upcoming battle. However, you might be a tad conservative. With your strategy, I'm confident we can cripple the enemy's 300,000-strong Darkwater army in one fell swoop."

"Cripple 300,000 troops at once? Isn't that a bit..." Xavier hesitated.

Sky (Yudel) laughed heartily. "You're not familiar with the combat methods of me and the Wolf Cavalry. Just wait and see on the battlefield."

Lilith (Lilianna) added with a smile, "Nor are you acquainted with the Demon Hunter Legion's combat strength and tactics. This force is unlike any army on the Pan continent. Also, this will be the first large-scale deployment of the Holy Light Priest Corps on this world's battlefields. Their performance will indeed surprise the Darkwater army."

The trio continued to refine their military arrangements, tweaking specific tactics until Sky (Yudel) finalized the battle plan.

Suddenly, the tent flap was flung open, and Iwan, the leader of the Wolf Cavalry, rushed in. "Saint King, you must see this—something has happened to the Wolf King Moonshadow!"

Sky (Yudel) frowned, "What happened?"

Iwan hesitated, "I'm not sure how to explain. It's best if you see for yourself."

Sky (Yudel) nodded, then turned to Xavier, "You're now my military advisor. Report to Chief Strategist Chester and tell him to immediately gather the generals for a council. From now on, you'll attend all military meetings."

Then to Iwan, "Lead the way. Let's see what's going on."

Iwan hurried Sky (Yudel) and Lilith (Lilianna) to the Wolf Cavalry's camp, to a large tent in the center.

Theoretically, this tent belonged to Sky (Yudel) since, despite Iwan leading the Wolf Cavalry, it was a special force personally trained by Yudel, making him the command leader. The Wolf King Moonshadow was Yudel's mount.

Unlike typical cavalry, the Wolf Cavalry shared tents with their mounts to foster synergy and quick response to emergencies. Since Yudel became the Saint King after defeating Bakker, he moved into the central command tent, leaving this one for Moonshadow alone.

As magical beasts, wolves have their cultivation system. At level one, they're physically robust; by level two, they gain sentience. Reaching level five, they can take human form, although maintaining it consumes spiritual energy. Only at level seven, equivalent to a human's seventh stage of Nascent Soul cultivation or a level seven legendary mage, can they freely shift into true human form without constant energy expenditure.

Moonshadow, at the peak of level six, usually remained in wolf form.

Inside the tent, they found the level-six beast curled up, looking utterly despondent.

"Moonshadow, are you alright?" asked Sky (Yudel).

Moonshadow, a vital ally on the battlefield and the leader of the wolf tribe, was crucial for Yudel's personal strength and the morale of the wolves.

Lifting its eyelids, Moonshadow glanced at Yudel, "Leave me be. Just let me alone for a while," burying its head between its paws, murmuring, "Why did I end up in this world, turned into this... I don't want to be here. I want to go back. I want to surf the internet, play on my phone, eat seafood pasta."

Sky (Yudel) and Lilith (Lilianna) exchanged looks, then told a concerned Iwan, "Leave us. Moonshadow's fine. We'll handle it. Go to the council. We'll join soon—the Saint Maiden, the Wolf King, and I."

Once Iwan left, Sky (Yudel) crouched before Moonshadow, "Missing seafood pasta?"

Moonshadow nodded, its eyes brightening at the mention.

"What about scallion pancakes?" Sky (Yudel) inquired.

"Want that too," Moonshadow's eyes sparkled.

"And the fish slices and beef jerky from China?" Lilith (Lilianna) joined in.

"Ah, ah, ah... Lilith, it's really you. I knew it! My memories were filled with you, even though you changed your name. Is this some vampire hypnosis? Did you hypnotize me?" Moonshadow exclaimed.

Sky (Yudel) and Lilith (Lilianna) shared a smile, with Sky (Yudel) explaining, "Indeed, it's you, Lumiya. This isn't hypnosis. We've traveled to a parallel world."

"Traveling? Like in the stories and movies, where we arrive in another world, get a leveling system, and just have to complete tasks to level up and defeat villains?" Lumiya, now Moonshadow, became excited.

Trying to summon a system, Lumiya called out, "System? Are you there? Speak if you are." After several attempts and no response, she deflated, "Seems like there's no system."

Lilith (Lilianna) theorized, "This might be a trial realm, using fragments from our original world to create a refreshable parallel universe for cultivation. Though everything here is just a projection and can't be taken back, the experience and memories are invaluable, offering a chance to master various cultivation techniques and magic."

"So, we can return to our world?" Lumiya asked.

"Of course," Lilith (Lilianna) assured.

"How do we go back?" Lumiya pressed.

"Win this battle," Lilith (Lilianna) said.

"How do you know?" Lumiya was skeptical.

"Experience," Lilith (Lilianna) claimed, though Lumiya's instincts doubted her.

Sky (Yudel) stood, "Let's focus on winning first. Lumiya, can you adapt to this body? We're about to face a fierce battle. As my mount, I need your strength."

"Why did I end up as a mount?" Lumiya muttered, then closed her eyes to assimilate the new memories, "There's so much to digest—combat techniques, cultivation methods. I'll see if I can harness this power."

"Would you rather be a guard dog?" Lilith (Lilianna) teased, then suddenly turned serious as a formidable aura erupted from Moonshadow, her ring glowing and a staff appearing in her hand, quickly forming a Holy Light barrier to contain the power.

The resonance between Sky (Yudel) and Lumiya's blood runes connected them, creating a bond of flesh and spirit.

"Stop, stop!" Lilith (Lilianna) hastily called out, raising the Crescent Cross Scepter and smashing it down on the head of the Demon Wolf King.

The Demon Wolf King, Lumiya, howled in pain, his front paws cradling his head. "Why did you hit me? Also, how does a Holy Light Priest like you have such strength?"

Lilith (Lilianna) replied irritably, "If you keep unleashing your power at will, this tent is going to be overturned. And, heh, don't you have any memories in your memory fragments about why I'm so strong?"

Lumiya paused, then started to carefully sift through his memory fragments. After a moment, he exclaimed in shock, "Holy Light Priest Combat Technique? What kind of absurd thing is this, it's too exaggerated."

"Anything that can pin you down and beat you is a good thing," Lilith (Lilianna) chuckled.

"Alright, stop messing around, we need to attend the pre-battle meeting," Sky (Yudel) said. "Then, what awaits us is a long day filled with slaughter."

0