Chapter 9 – first training
232 7 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tenma was surprised, she is in Rokhshar's house. No matter how famous he was, his house was extremely modest. He said he was not used to a rich lifestyle, spending money only on expensive food and clothes. Although she didn't understand why, she still accepted this answer. A man like him, for his merits, should have a whole mansion, and not live in a cheap apartment. The rooms in his apartment were cramped and the floor was a mess. For Tenma, as a former slave, such garbage was unacceptable. "Wow, the powerful and fearless Rokhshar can't even clean his house." Rokhshar was not confused by this. “Shut up, or I'll make you clean up here as a lesson.” Currently, Rokshar was looking for various books about magic. Such books are not common in the city. They are too expensive, and since the main audience of such books is small, they are not produced in large quantities. He took three old books out of the closet and spread them out on the kitchen table. "Which do you prefer, tea or coffee?" Tenma hears about coffee for the first time in her life. But she could understand that it was something expensive and rare. “I just need some tea.” Rokhshar nodded, confirming her answer.

After pouring tea, Tenma and Rokhshar sat down opposite each other. Tenma didn't know when her lesson would start. And why would she do that at all? Rokhshar just calmly drank tea without experiencing any discomfort. "Let's get started." Rokshar suddenly said, startling Tenma. "Let's start with what magic is in general. No one knows the exact answer to this question, but we can say with confidence that initially it is not in our power." Tenma listened attentively, trying not to be distracted. "This energy is inside us, but we don't own it. All living beings possess it, some to a greater extent, some to a lesser extent. But our brain and body are designed in such a way that if the power inside us is too dangerous for the body, we will not be able to use it." For Tenma, this was something to think about. It turns out that all living beings possess this energy, but only special ones are able to use it. "Coach, what about the undead?" He liked that question.

"The undead are unique in this, they are among the creatures that depend on this energy. The two monsters are slime and undead, the similarity is that they instinctively use it. They don't need to think about this process in any way." This is part of the truth, in the case of the undead, there were other reasons. But it's better for Tenma not to know about them. “The question is, can ordinary animals use magic? Tenma answered without hesitation. "No, they can't." Rokshar just shook his head, denying her answer. "But why?" "Because there are a number of animals that have learned to use them in the process of evolution. They can only use them at a basic level, so they can't shoot lightning or flames." Rokshar replied. “What about dragons?”Rokshar just laughed at that. “They would have killed you if they had heard that!” Tenma realized what a stupid thing she had said. “Well, I forgive you for making such a mistake, you have not yet encountered such people, but you know that they exist.” Tenma never went outside, and it is unlikely that she could have books with such information.

"Well, energy exists in all living beings, but it can also be transformed into something forcibly. Your family tree is famous for creating magical weapons. Your family members often could not awaken this ability in themselves. And so they got rid of him, adding: "Weapons, unlike living people, withstand loads. My favorite sword, made by your uncle. So, the real training will begin when you find the right weapon for yourself. But before that, a little more theory. "Tenma found this kind of training interesting, the idea of fighting with a weapon scared her a little. But she is ready to do anything if necessary. “Now, Tenma, I will also teach you to see the aura.” Rokshar pulls out a long sword from behind his back. Its length is absurd enough to set it apart from the rest of the swords. He put this sword on the table and began to look at Tenma, expecting something from her. “Tenma, focus your gaze on the sword, imagine in your mind that you want to see something special in it.” After these words, Tenma concentrated harder, but still didn't see anything. No matter how hard she tried, nothing worked. "To make it easier for you, I'll tell you this: the aura is a natural layer of protection around our body. Which exists due to internal energy. The energy used for magic is called Chronos, although it has other names in other cities and countries. Aura automatically uses chronos to work. Weak production of chronos in the body, as a result, a weak aura. "And then Tenma found the reason for the previous failure. “The sword didn't have an aura!” “That's right.” Rokshar saw Tenma's aspiration, although she started studying quite late compared to other children, she can achieve many awards in the future. Right now, she just needs to learn the basics.

“Now look at me carefully. The aura has three forms of state: passive, active and hidden. The passive aura is clear from the name, an aura will be visible around the magician. To get an active aura, a magician must make a small effort, after which the aura around him not only increases, but also becomes more noticeable to ordinary people. I'll explain later how the hidden one works. Now I will actively channel my aura into this sword. Your task is to try to see the aura."

After that, Rokshar channeled energy and aura into the sword. He wasn't the best at aura control. But he had to know if Tenma could see it. He sent a small aura into the sword, and gradually it became more noticeable around the sword. He did not enhance the aura, hoping to see her ability to see. At first, Tenma didn't see anything, but she felt that something was happening to the sword. And suddenly she began to notice that something like a flame was forming around the sword. However, for her it had no color and periodically disappeared. "I can see, but sometimes it disappears. " Rokshar nodded. “Do you see the color? " Tenma just shook her head.

“ Obviously, this is a good start. Well, you are at the level of an average static magician. You have not awakened any abilities, but a magician can tell that there is an aura around you.” After hearing this, Tenma couldn't believe it, she thought this process would be long, but the fact that she already had an aura made her happy. What Rokshar didn't say was that her aura was terrible. It is not only colorless, but also uneven throughout the body. The aura around an ordinary person is arranged as follows: the torso contains the most auras, the head, arms and legs contain the least. But in her case, because of the two seals, there was a lot of aura on her torso and face. However, her arms and legs were not covered with it at all. This means that they are the most vulnerable parts of her body. (I'll need to teach her how to control her aura, but first she'll also have to figure out what type of magic she wields. However, that's all for later.) “ You've done a great job, we'll probably end there.” Tenma was pleased with the training, but regretted that it did not last a little longer. "But before we leave, would you like to ask a few personal questions? After all, such a chance is not always given." Tenma was glad to hear that, and she spent time asking Him various questions.

Tenma returned to the mansion fewer people passed by at night than during the day. And because of the darkness, people didn't pay much attention to her face. So it was easier than last time. In complete silence, after dinner, she went to her room. This day went too well to end on a good note. Suddenly, Thomas stops in front of Tenma. She had already realized that this would not end peacefully.

"What do you want from me?" Tenma was annoyed, the last thing she wanted was to have anything to do with him. “I don't need anything from you, bitch. You shouldn't have received these abilities.” Tenma was even more angry. “Ha, says the one who was ignored, you didn't make an impression on Astoria.” As soon as Tenma said that, she felt a sharp pain in her stomach. Thomas kicked her. For Tenma, this blow was comparable to the blow of a bull. For a second, it seemed to her that all her internal organs had exploded. She fell to the floor, unable to stay on her feet. "You didn't even react to it, you clearly didn't deserve to be chosen." Suddenly, someone grabbed his shoulder from behind, it was a Mustang. He looked extremely unhappy. But his concern is not caused by Tenma. “To my office, quickly!" Thomas wanted to protest, but the grip on his shoulder tightened. So Thomas just followed his father, giving Tenma an angry look.

I fucking hate you. Thomas, Mustang, I promise you. When I get stronger, I'll make you all regret it. This freak doesn't deserve me to call him father. And this brother, I let you die. I promise you, when the time comes, you will pay for it. But you just have to wait, just a little bit. And it will all end.

Tenma returned to her room, thoughts of murder spinning in her head. She didn't know how to do it, but the temptation was great. She wanted to live as simple a life as possible. Even if she becomes the heir of the family. She didn't want to create a reputation for herself. But now she has a difficult goal in life, and she wants to achieve it. What she didn't notice was that her aura was getting better and stronger. However, it's only a matter of time before she realizes this.

3