Chapter 14 – The Day Everything Changes
135 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The day was not going as usual for Tenma. The last day of summer, hotter than the middle of the season. Tenma could barely stand in the hot sun without a flask of water. It’s good that Rokhshar gave this to her before leaving. Tenma thought about what she should bring as a gift to him. Most likely some special type of coffee. Although that's not what worries her right now.

"Mom, let me go. You're delaying us." Tenma was now being suffocated by Sera's hugs. They will be able to meet only after the end of the year for a couple of days. Not much, but Sera can't help but worry about her. Considering what Thomas said last night. “Tenma, my dear. Please be careful, don’t start conflicts with others. Especially with him.” Sera turned her gaze to her son. Thomas was already standing near the carriage. Tenma also noticed him. "Of course. I won't get into trouble." She didn't believe it, but still hoped that everything would be like that.

After the hug, Tenma looked at the mansion one last time. She was glad that Mustang didn't decide to accompany them. He would ruin her day with his presence. She was also glad that he decided not to say goodbye to his son. Thomas looks clearly tired and lost. Father's favorite and future candidate for inheritance. Lost both

Tenma did not consider herself righteous, but she could not laugh at him in the face. He still poses a threat to her. Even if he does not possess any magical element. Even if he does not have a gift from a deity. He's still strong. And this infuriated Tenma. Especially after she came home yesterday. Sera cried and hugged her, telling her what Thomas was going to do to her. She was infuriated by the fact that she couldn’t do it to him. She would have to wait, wait for him to make a mistake and take advantage of it. Until then, she can't do anything with him.

Having said goodbye to Sera for the last time, she also got into the carriage. The trip will be long. Since the carriage is tucked in to Kazhikami. A special breed of lizards, slower than normal, but considered expensive due to their rare color and population. Her trip to the academy would be longer than it would have been if there had been regular riding lizards instead. As soon as she becomes in charge, she will get rid of them so as not to let her future children drive slowly in such heat, for the sake of showing off.

As she got into the carriage, she felt the pleasant smell of flowers. She didn't know where it was coming from, but she could understand that it was because of magic. Sitting comfortably on the seat, she felt an unusual drainage. She had never been in a carriage. I didn’t even think that it would ever happen. But now it sits here, and perhaps in the future it will be used often. Unless, of course, Thomas kills her by then. Speaking of him.

He sat directly opposite her. He chose not to tell her anything. And don't look at her at all. Instead, staring blankly out the window. Tenma was glad for that at least. This trip would be even worse if he fucked her brains out the whole way. The trip will be long anyway. So Tenma decided to occupy herself with other thoughts.

What will her future be like? Will she achieve at least half of her father's influence? Will she become stronger than him? Can she become as special as Rokhshar? Until she lives to meet Mary. These thoughts bothered her. The fear did not leave her. How will they look at her there? Will it be as unpleasant as going outside? She has yet to find out.

Evening. The time when people return from work. But they didn't have time for that. In a special room, the most respected people gathered around a wide table. They all take part in wars in one way or another. Own some of the industry or other services for the empire. All of them are the current heads of their families. And now they have all gathered at the invitation of Archmage Midas. They knew that such meetings were hidden, and represented a meeting where the emperor said what would happen next in the long term for the empire. Often these meetings were also held if someone had made a serious mistake. And now everyone was expecting that the invitation was due to a recent incident. Mustang's illegitimate child. What else could there be?

And now the room was full of everyone except the Emperor and Mustang. "Why the hell didn’t he come, isn’t he the main clown of the show." Almost each of them could afford such a comment. But Rosh Novak was the first to express this idea. Thick built black man. In black and white robes. An earthbender and the main person responsible for the city's architecture. His family never specialized in straight fighting. But each member of their bloody line created protective structures on the battlefield. Now he didn't worry about anything. His children are not going to go to the academy, because they are sufficiently trained in their abilities and noble skills. In principle, only those who need training in magic or other special specialties are sent to the academy. His sons have already proven that they are capable of creating complex structures before Midas. Therefore, they can safely learn other more important aspects at home.

"Ugh. Midas what is this. I couldn’t find something more drinkable." This was said by another, more unpleasant person than Mustang. Haneke Roschi. An adult man, with black and white hair and a toned body. Of all those present, he is dressed like an ordinary citizen, wearing a shirt with flower symbols and leather pants. Mage of fire and water. Teaming up with a woman with a special ability to create ice, seeking to create a special synergy for their future children. He doesn't care about his reputation or the opinions of others. Despite his vile personality and absolute disregard for human life, he treats his wife with all the love. Any negative comment against her will make you his enemy. "I apologize for this, but we are here now because of a more important topic. So the taste of the tea is not the main issue here." The sweet, quiet voice of Midas interrupted his indignation. He could have had a more casual conversation. But this whole meeting was forced because of one person. "Yes Haneke, Midas must tell us a more important problem. For example, where is the fucking emperor!" This voice of a predator capable of suppressing victims belonged to Alexander Anderoz. Alex is an old veteran, with long pale hair, wearing a scarlet suit. The army of the Arcane Empire is divided into divisions under the control of three people. The offensive division is controlled by Mustang. The defense division is under Alex's control. And the third special division under the command of Midas. Of the three, Alex's division is an impressive force. Alex himself is a respected person. In his youth, he found many legendary people who helped in the revolution. He saw how an empire was founded from scratch. How incredible architectural structures were created from scratch, thanks to Roche. How the cities of the Republic of Feras were captured under the command of Astoria and his son Danhe. And naturally, he saw the full power of the emperor. And therefore, when he received an anonymous letter telling about the death of the emperor, he did not believe it. Even considering that the letter contained a bloody diamond ring that the emperor often wore on his right hand. He didn't believe it. But everything spoke about it. The longer he waited, the more it became clear to him. Something happens and they don't tell him anything. He hoped that his fears would only be a misunderstanding. Or a stupid joke from some idiot. But no, he turned out to be right. The letter was true. "What happened to the emperor. Answer Midas, you cannot hide this from us!"

The atmosphere in the room changed. All eyes were directed at Midas and the king's empty throne. Everyone couldn't believe what they heard. The only ones who could stand above their emperor were either the entire holy trinity or the deities. He's definitely not one of those people who could just die an unfortunate death. Some were scared. Others were excited about future events. And now everyone wanted to know whether it was true or not.

Midas looked at everyone and said with a sigh. "A month ago, an incident occurred. In the emperor's castle, all his heirs, wives, and he himself disappeared. The rooms where they were all approximately located were damaged by fire. Prints and other evidence were destroyed. I hoped that over time he would come. However, the artifact that should resurrect he was not activated after death. Which is why we can assume that he is alive. But he does not respond to mental messages. The Emperor has disappeared and we will have to accept it."

The mood in the room became darker. Those who were still happy about the possibility they felt threatened by the death of the emperor. Who is strong enough for this. Considering that even his wives were above the average magician in strength. Who is capable of this? And will they be next? "You’re joking. Say it’s true. The Emperor has already made a stupid joke, say it’s a stupid joke again." Haneke was scared. It’s hard to fear for the future of children if they live in a country where no one can take it over. But now this is not a fact. The Emperor is not just a powerful magician. And the trump card of the entire Arcana. He held off Ferras single-handedly. They would not attack the empire again given that the emperor is alive. The man who alone dealt with armies was killed. And if those who killed him are connected to Ferras. This is a defeat for the entire empire. "Damn. You can tell me what you will do next." Hira added her comment. A red-haired young woman wearing a purple business suit. Hira is one of the best female magicians who controls gravity. And she staged mock battles with the emperor. And she knew that she was no match for him. She had no intention of sending her daughter to the academy. But now she will have to go there.

"In order not to cause unnecessary conflicts among ourselves, I’ll say right away. Does anyone mind if I temporarily take the role of leader of this empire?" No one spoke out against it, and so he continued. "The situation requires us to change everything. We must quickly prepare for the next possible war with Ferras. They will not leave us the way we defeated them then. Also, some puppet states may take advantage of the situation." Midas took out a folder from the sparks of light and threw it on the table . "I also expect that all your children will go to the academy. They will be forgiven for being a little late. After all, now we will have to change the entire training program, preparing them for war in advance." They were unpleasant to hear this. But what can you do? You will have to comply with the requirements. "Schneiz, I want the goods from your colonies to be actively exported to the needs of the army during the war. Gantz, I hope your guild will also actively share supplies for the needs of the empire." Both nobles were unhappy, but they could provide him with little.

Midas was always the brains of any operation. The emperor was strong and smart in other aspects, such as medicine. His charisma also helped to pull people along with him. But Midas always had clarity about where to go next. And in terms of strength, he is the second strongest magician in the empire, and now, due to what happened, he is in first place. "Gentlemen and ladies. We will not have time to rest in the next few days. I hope your children will also be prepared for future events. May the deities bless us. After all, we will need their help."

Night. The dark room was illuminated by moonlight. There is a Mustang on a chair in the center of the room. In recent days, stress has been constantly choking him. He was disgraced and now he expects nothing. The best option for him now is if Tenma dies. Even if this happens, others will use it to accuse him of murder. The emperor always forgiven him. He was one of the strongest, and the owner of the gift of Artoros. But now he has a daughter who is hostile towards him. His relatives will definitely use this to set her against her father. “Forgive me, dad. But I’m forced to break my promise.” They will kill him, or he will kill them. He knew this, but he delayed it as long as possible because of his father's request. His beloved second parent.

He remembered life. His past life. He was a nobody, a simple Japanese schoolboy named Shiro. Too ugly for others to notice. That's exactly what he thought. The dull life ended when he decided to save the girl from the truck. But fate was cruel. The woman was able to dodge the truck herself. And his sacrifice was meaningless. At least that's what he thought. But he was reborn. And here he understood. He is free to do whatever he wants. He didn't consider anyone here as people. More like an NPC in a game. This view of this world gave him, as he thinks, to do whatever he wants with people.

As if that weren't enough. He has a gift from God. Loving parents, and an excellent financial situation. Life promised to be simple. But he could not sit still and enjoy life. He devoted his entire life to satisfying his perversions and other needs. Because he did not consider those around him as people. He didn't consider himself bad. Considering that he was raised as special from childhood, his self-esteem also rose to the skies. However, his streak of luck ran out. He must face consequences for his actions.

Sitting on a chair, thinking about failures. A seal appeared on the floor in the center of the room. Not just a seal, but a portal. A silhouette rose from a black portal with a vile liquid. Mustang saw this. But he wasn't worried. His ability is death aura. It worked according to the following principle. As long as he holds a sword in one of his hands, any enemy aura that penetrates his own will be attacked. As if he did it. An absolute defensive ability that allows him to do nothing and attack at the same time.

The man emerged completely from the portal holding a letter in one of his hands. "Don't worry, I won't attack you." Mustang didn't look scared. But his aura clearly threatened whoever entered it. “What do you need?” Mustang has already encountered hitmen and other mercenaries. And therefore for him it was already a habit.

"I've come to deliver a letter. That's all you need." He placed the letter on the floor and returned the seal. Mustang didn't even have time to react; the guest had already left him. He decided that it wouldn’t hurt him to find out what was written in the letter. Deciding to open the envelope, he accidentally dropped something on the floor. It was a ring, it fell out of the envelope. And Mustang was shocked. He knew what kind of ring it was. Quickly, he opened the letter and began to read the contents.

After reading for a long time, he finally laughed. "That bastard deserved what he got." He finally felt free. He knew what he was going to do. This letter changes everything. And it is hardly a joke. Mustang felt excited and now he knew what to do. "Tenma, wait until you die. You don't have long left."

With these words he opened a bottle of wine. Previously, he thought that the night was ending. But now it is just beginning for him.

1