Chapter 1
335 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Floating through the black, I began to awaken, memories of how I got here flooding my mind. I was murdered in my own home by my best friend, who betrayed me in order to get my position in the company, jokes on him I had my entire house bugged in case of that very situation, the cops know you did it my friend, have fun in prison.

But was this death, just a deep dark black that goes on forever? Suddenly, I began to feel constricted, like the dark was actually shrinking. Trying everything to escape I began to struggle, eventually seeing a fleck of light in my vision. My vigor renewed I began to struggle even harder, and the sleck became a beam of light, then I was out of my dark prison.

(Ow... That hurt... Where am I? Holy Fuck are those trees!?)

Now panicking, I took a look at myself, only to be greeted by a small black lizard in my place.

(I'm a Fucking Lizard!? Why me?! I know I was Lizard like in life but that doesn't mean I wanted to be one!)

[Loading... Welcome to the world of Grogus, You have awakened the Monster System, Defeat your enemies, Survive, and grow stronger. To Open your Status Page, Just think Status.]

(Wait Wait What?! Didn't Colette like this kind of stuff, the whole Reincarnation business? Why did I get reincarnated then, I would have been satisfied with just dying.)

Angry, but knowing that pouting won't help, I decided if the universe didn't want me to rest in peace, then I'll make life hell for anything it sends my way.

(Fine... Status.)

[Name: Lily Manchester][Species: Black Bandit Lizard Hatchling][Sex: Female]

[Level: 1/5]

[Size: 5 in.]

[HP: 10/10]

[MP:5/5]

[Status: Hungry, Moody]

[Skills][Poisonous Bite Lv. 1][Scales Lv. 1][Baby Claws][Detachable Tail][Weak Regeneration Lv. 1]

[Titles][Reincarnator][Pure Skeptic][Paranoid]

[Title Skills][Inspect][Analyze][Danger Sense Lv. 1]

[Skill Points: 3]

(At least I'm still me, but Lily? not really the name I want to be remembered by in this life. System, Please change my name to Lilith Poisonheart.)

[Name Change complete, All Name Changes have been used, current name is now Permanent.]

(Well that sucks, but now, What the fuck! Why am I so Fucking Weak! I could be stepped on and die!)

[User is still a Hatchling, adult Black Bandit Lizards can reach Sizes of up to 3 ft.]

(To become an adult is my goal! Now how do I do that?)

[System Recommendation: Find a Prey item to kill and eat, Members of your species often eat mice, small bugs, birds, snakes, and various species' eggs.]

Suddenly, I began to feel like someone was watching me. Looking around, I spotted a massive spider slowly crawling my way, trying to be as stealthy as possible. Fear in my heart, I ran away, the spider not chasing me, evidently it was an ambush hunter, and usually when they feel they lost the element of surprise they give up and move on.

Now feeling more safe, I began searching for something to eat, when I was human I had eaten many weird and strange things, it was basically my job as the company's representative in foreign countries, so bugs and mice wouldn't be all that big a deal.

Stumbling upon a mouse retreating back into its home, I began my hunt. Stealthy I entered behind it after confirming there was no way for it to run. When it reached the bottom, I was greeted by another mouse caring for two baby mice. Not wanting to miss my chance I struck, biting both parents on the neck, killing them almost instantly.

After killing the baby mice, I began to dig in, huh? Guilt? what's that is it tasty? Look it's me or them, and from my time as a human I learned to be ruthless, as if one got too soft they would be killed.

[User has leveled up: 1>>>2]

(This will take a while won't it..?"

[EXP required to reach evolution is 100, mice give 5 EXP each]

(Fuck...)

***

[Morning has arrived User, It is recommended you hunt now while your natural predators are dormant]

(Thanks System, How strong is my venom by the way?)

[Bandit Lizard Hatchlings has a venom powerful enough to kill 30 mice with one bite.]

(Well then, that's pretty strong, maybe not as strong as some earth snakes but I can put some trust in it to deal with my prey.)

Leaving the hole in a tree I made into my new home, I watched as two birds left their nest, and began crawling up there. Once I reached the nest I took a look at my prize, three oval shaped white eggs. Cracking the shell of the egg, I began to enjoy my breakfast thoroughly. Once I finished the first, I left the other two in the nest as I was full from just the one.

Surrying down the tree I began resting in the sun, warming my sluggish body, and waking me fully. Feeling the warm sun on my scales, I began to let my guard down, not fully of course, I wasn't an idiot, but I did relax a bit. Every time I felt even the slightest danger I moved to a different ray of sunlight, but slowly, I felt myself grow hungry.

(Hm... the eggs are probably being guarded so that's off, but maybe I can find something around here.)

Suddenly, my danger sense went off, and a large snake sprung from the bush, fangs open wide.

(Fuck, I was too careless.)

Dodging out of the way, I bit the snake on the tail, injecting my own venom into it. Not caring about my bite, it lunge at me once more, and I repeated the same strategy of dodge and bite, each time injecting more and more venom. I watched as the snake began to grow sluggish, and in one last ditch effort tried to lunge at me, only to fall flat on the ground dead.

(Woohoo! I did it! I beat the snake!)

[User has leveled up: 2>>>3]

(What!? but that was clearly stronger than me, I could have died!)

[The Brown Forest Snake is a non venomous constrictor that is often preyed upon by adults of your species, as such it gives only 30 EXP]

(Fine, I won't argue with you, but I won't be happy.)

Biting into the snake, maybe only 2 ft long at most, I finished maybe a third of it before I became full. Dragging the rest back into my tree home, I then went to sleep, blocking the entrance to my home with a rock.

8