034 Wang Yun Showing Off, Zhang Xingchen Need to go to the ICU
45 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the livestream, all eyes were on Wang Yun as he took a series of actions in the operating room. The chat was flooded with question marks, as viewers struggled to grasp what was happening.

"What on Earth is going on? Our model citizen of Nancheng is actually administering anesthesia?"

"Did you all hear that? That’s the mark of a professional. A professor just praised him outright. Guys, are you impressed or what?"

"The man knows how to administer anesthesia? Is he defying the laws of nature? What's his game?"

"I thought he was just lurking in the operating room, but he’s actually participating in a surgical procedure?"

In the live stream, the viewers were utterly flabbergasted. Was this the same stand-up citizen from Nancheng they knew? He knew surgical procedures too? Was he also skilled in medicine? Were all model citizens these days this extraordinary?

Every single viewer was blown away.

"Who needs officers? They should just go home and sleep. Our big brother is already in action!"

***

Meanwhile, inside the operating room, Professor Yin commenced the surgery. With a scalpel, he methodically sliced through the skin, subcutaneous fat, and fascia before separating the anterior neck muscles to expose the thyroid gland. He then turned towards Wang Yun and the rest, pointing at the area he had just incised.

"Do you see this?" Professor Yin inquired.

"The mass on the right side takes up more than half of the thyroid, and the one on the left takes up over two-thirds. We should mostly remove the mass from the right and entirely excise the left," Wang Yun assessed and promptly responded.

"Quite good," the middle-aged assistant next to Professor Yin remarked, eyeing Wang Yun with a hint of astonishment.

"Excellent, what should be our next step?" Professor Yin nodded approvingly as he posed the question to Wang Yun.

"Separate and cut through the thyroid's suspensory ligament, using tissue scissors. It's fairly straightforward. For the blood vessels at the thyroid's upper pole, employ a curved hemostat," Wang Yun, who was intently focused on the surgical site, elaborated. "These are foundational concepts, but the essence lies in having steady hands."

As he said this, he picked up the tissue scissors and curved hemostat from the side tray. Skillfully twirling them in his hands before handing them over to Professor Yin, he looked somewhat like he was showing off his dexterity.

"Young man, you've got a steady hand and solid technique. I think you could apply to become an assistant surgeon," Professor Yin warmly commended, before diving into the surgery.

***

In the livestream, the atmosphere was electric.

"Damn, big bro actually has medical skills?"

"Wow, he's outdone himself again, hasn't he?"

"Parkour, ventriloquism, theft techniques, skateboarding, and now surgery? Compared to Big Brother, I feel like an absolute idiot!"

"Big brother, you're so skilled! Could you perform a circumcision for me?"

"Why bother Big Brother for that? Just tie a string around it, it'll fall off after a few days."

The live chat was a mixture of awe, shock, and humor. Some viewers were stunned, and a few were annoyed by what they saw as Wang Yun showing off. Yet even the lead surgeon was impressed.

Suddenly, a comment caught viewers' attention: "Go check out the livestream from the inspectors. Zhang Xingchen looks completely flabbergasted!"

***

"Deploy three people to monitor the hospital's blind spots, while the rest of you start searching from the first floor upwards, floor by floor. Officer Number Five, scrutinize the hospital surveillance footage starting from 14:22, and look for Wang Yun's movements," ordered Zhang Xingchen, his voice calm and commanding over the livestream.

"Copy that, Captain. I found footage of Wang Yun entering the hospital, he's on the second floor," Officer Number Five reported from the hospital surveillance room. "Captain, I lost track of him while he was on the second floor. He might be hiding or deliberately avoiding the cameras. The last sighting was at 14:25."

"Good. At 14:25, he was not seen on any external cameras either. He's still inside the hospital. Initiate an immediate search."

Zhang Xingchen's eyes glittered with excitement as he clenched his fists. If Wang Yun was still in the hospital, he was confident that they would find and arrest him.

"If we can corner Wang Yun inside the hospital, our odds of capturing him will significantly increase," Shen Hao remarked from the side.

"Indeed, it boosts our success rate," said Zhang Xingchen, allowing a faint smile to grace his lips as he quietly observed the situation.

"First floor search complete. Nothing found!"

"Second floor search complete. Nothing found!"

"Third floor search complete. Nothing found!"

"..."

"Seventh floor search complete. Nothing found!"

"..."

"Thirteenth floor search complete, no target located. Captain, we've searched every floor, including the rooftop."

As updates from the methodical floor-by-floor search flowed in, the smile on Zhang Xingchen's face gradually diminished.

"He was in the hospital when you guys arrived. How could he just vanish?" A sense of disbelief and frustration colored Zhang Xingchen's question.

"Captain, the hospital only has two exits, and both are under surveillance. I can confirm he didn't leave through them," Officer Number Five reported.

"Captain, let's do another sweep, leaving no stone unturned," suggested Chen Minghao, who was stationed on the thirteenth floor, his expression also tinged with dissatisfaction.

"Very well, he must still be in the hospital," affirmed Zhang Xingchen, nodding gravely. A fresh bead of cold sweat trickled down his forehead as the search resumed.

"We've checked every single morgue."

"We've consulted the doctors in the ICU. No one suspicious."

As time ticked away, one discouraging update after another came in. With each report, Zhang Xingchen's hope dwindled further.

"Is there anywhere in the hospital we haven't yet searched?" Zhang Xingchen leaned back in his chair, his voice tinged with both helplessness and reluctance.

"We've searched everywhere, Captain, even the active operating rooms. We monitored their internal surveillance, and there's nothing suspicious," Saomao replied in a deep voice.

Feeling utterly drained, Zhang Xingchen closed his eyes, his face a portrait of dejection.

They had been searching meticulously for a full hour and a half, and it seemed as though Wang Yun had simply vanished into thin air.

At this moment, Zhang Xingchen felt as if he needed to lie down in the ICU himself.

7