Chapter 1: Invincible background? System binding is refused at the start!
1.4k 5 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Whoa, did I just time-travel?!"

"And I'm the divine son of the Ye family, the strongest clan across the heavens!"

In the ancient Ye family's main hall, many elders surrounded a baby, treating him like a treasure with adoring eyes.

Little did they know, the baby named Ye Tian, arriving from a blue planet, carried emotions that couldn't settle.

In his past life, Ye Tian was an overworked salaryman, facing endless overtime and a soul-crushing routine. Now, he was determined to live a laid-back life with no more struggles!

"Why is the heir of the family, with the god emperor as the head, just an ordinary child with average talent?" questioned two nonchalant elders.

"Even though the family head is the god emperor, and the main wife is the holy mistress of Yao Pool, their child shouldn't be this ordinary," they added, sounding unimpressed.

"Ordinary talent? So what? Throughout history, few with extraordinary talents truly reach unparalleled heights. I, as the head of the Ye family, dominate all realms. Even if my son has average talent, can't he live happily? We, the Ye family, will protect him for a lifetime!" declared some stern elders, determined to stand by the young Ye Tian.

Listening to these conversations, Ye Tian began to grasp the dynamics of the new world. It was an eternal realm with three thousand domains, various ancient danger zones, and a vast cosmic expanse.

His family, the ancient Ye family, resided in the Tianxuan Domain, Imperial Extreme Province. In this realm, strength was revered, and the law of the jungle prevailed.

But it seemed irrelevant to him. "Did I only come into existence because my family is invincible?"

"Is this the script I'm handed?"

His family, the all-powerful Ye family, ruled all realms and was considered the strongest force for eternity. His father, Ye Junlin, was the god emperor, the most powerful cultivator in existence. His mother, Yue Luli, was the holy mistress of the Yao Pool, controlling it and commanding numerous sub-worlds, with a multitude of stunning disciples.

He had siblings like his enchanting witch sister, Ye Qingxian, and cousins with talents in alchemy and swordsmanship. The family members, each outstanding in their own right, seemed like protagonists.

Then, a mechanical voice echoed in his mind.

"Ding, congratulations, host, on a successful transmigration. The invincible system is currently binding."

"Ding, binding successful. This system is committed to helping the host reach the peak, become invincible, and establish a name of unmatched glory!"

"As long as the host completes tasks issued by the system, rewards await; otherwise, there will be punishments!"

Unexpectedly, instead of the host's curiosity, the system was met with silence. Why wasn't the host amazed or questioning?

Hey, I'm the system; a little respect, please.

Seems like some perks are in order!

"Ding, congratulations, host, on binding with the system. Here's a special reward for newcomers. Would you like to open it?"

"Roll out, don't bother me."

Ye Tian cursed in his mind. Just as he was planning to chill and enjoy his laid-back life, the system disturbed him again. How annoying.

The system remained silent, unsure of what to say. But Ye Tian beat it to the punch.

"Hey, you're just called 'system.'"

"Yes, you, hurry up and unbind. I want to lay low, don't disrupt my plan of slacking off!"

"What's with your reward and punishment system? It's outdated."

"Besides, with my background being invincible, why do I need you?"

A series of scathing remarks left the system stunned.

"Ding ding ding, system malfunction!"

"Ding ding ding, host's background is too powerful; the system can't keep up. Initiating automatic self-destruction!"

"Ding ding ding, self-destruction failed, self-destruction failed!"

"Initiate the second plan; system upgrade in progress."

Ye Tian felt a chill. The system, instead of self-destructing, was upgrading?

Well, as long as it doesn't interfere with my plan to slack off, go ahead.

"Ding, system upgrade successful. Renamed to the 'Laid-Back Invincible System!'"

"As the name suggests, the host is responsible for chilling, and the system is responsible for invincibility!"

"System upgraded, unlimited automatic check-in mode activated!"

"Host can check in automatically anytime, anywhere, without confirmation."

Ye Tian chuckled inwardly. This system was interesting. Automatic upgrades were fine, but it even considered his comfort - unlimited check-ins without needing confirmation, truly convenient.

"Ding, automatic check-in. Congratulations, host, on obtaining Eyes of Rebirth!"

"Ding, automatic check-in. Congratulations, host, on obtaining Immortal Bone!"

"Ding, automatic check-in. Congratulations, host, on obtaining the world's most handsome appearance!"

"Ding, automatic check-in. Congratulations, host, on obtaining the strongest romantic luck in history!"

"Ding, automatic check-in. Congratulations, host, on obtaining the number one cultivation technique of all time, Chaos Emperor's Secret!"

The system's notifications kept coming in, with Ye Tian acquiring top-notch treasures from a simple check-in.

"Just unbind already; now you're upgrading again. So annoying."

"Fine, fine, as long as you don't disrupt my slacking off, the rest is up to you."

"Turn off the check-in notification sound; it's too noisy, affecting my sleep."

"And... store those things you got from the check-in, System, that I currently don't need, in your space. Don't integrate them. I want to lay low!"

If anyone knew Ye Tian's thoughts, they would be astonished. Even the items acquired through the system's check-in were top-tier in the myriad realms, rarely seen.

For an ordinary genius, obtaining one or two of these items would be a life-changing event, enabling them to soar to new heights and suppress all enemies. Yet, for Ye Tian, these items seemed like insignificant trash. He even hesitated to integrate them.

Nevertheless, the system proved obedient, promptly turning off the notification sound and storing all the acquired artifacts in its space.

As Ye Tian, now an infant, prepared to enjoy his peaceful sleep, the hall erupted in chaos.

"Where's my son?!"

28