Chapter 40: The birth of a little dragon, a little snake? Elder is furious
649 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The brilliance flowed, casting a shimmering light, with runes adorning the eggshell, creating a colorful and vibrant display. Surrounded by a multicolored aura, it exuded a truly sacred vibe, reminiscent of a supreme treasure.

This captivating scene immediately grabbed everyone's attention, especially that of the Elder and Second Elder.

"Hmm? What's happening? Could it be that the extraordinary dragon offspring within this ancient dragon egg is about to emerge?"

"Haha, this ancient dragon egg has been nurtured by the ancestral dragon's nest for countless ages, absorbing numerous treasures of heaven and earth. Today, as it descends, it will undoubtedly shake the world and become the favored mount of the young master!"

"Indeed, under the care of the ancestral dragon's nest and its inherent supreme bloodline, it could have been born earlier. However, it was only after coming to the Wan Gu Ye family that it could be born. It seems fate has played its part!"

Witnessing this, the elders burst into hearty laughter, their spirits high.

Approaching Ye Tian, the Grand Elder, Ye Wanjun, remarked, "Young Master, it seems the extraordinary dragon offspring within this ancient dragon egg is destined to be your mount."

Pleased with the prospect of the young master having an exceptional mount, Ye Wanjun had forcefully retrieved the ancient dragon egg from the ancestral dragon's nest.

He had anticipated that it would take some time for the family to nurture it, along with countless treasures of heaven and earth, before it could hatch.

Surprisingly, the signs of birth were already evident, indicating a strong connection between the young master and the peerless dragon within the ancient dragon egg.

Fate, truly indescribable.

Observing this, Ye Junlin and Yue Liuli fixed their gaze on the ancient dragon egg, their eyes filled with anticipation. This creature, born from the ancient dragon egg, seemed like an ancient marvel seasoned by time.

If it successfully hatched and combined with the passage of time, its growth potential would be unimaginable, potentially offering significant assistance in Ye Tian's journey.

Even Huang Ruoxi, watching eagerly, felt her Phoenix Blood boiling within, as if it wanted to ignite.

Slightly perspiring, Huang Ruoxi speculated inwardly, "The creature within this ancient dragon egg is extraordinary. In terms of bloodline strength, it might even surpass the Phoenix Blood!"

At this moment, all eyes in the hall were fixed on the ancient dragon egg. However, without exception, they all assumed that this ancient dragon egg would nurture an extraordinary creature to accompany Ye Tian's growth.

Ye Tian's eyes gleamed with eagerness, anticipating the birth of the creature within the ancient dragon egg, much like someone eyeing a delicious meal.

However, he refrained from his impulse, planning to find an opportunity to cook the ancient dragon egg when no one was around.

Nevertheless, as the ancient dragon egg was about to crack open, attention shifted to the shattered eggshell, revealing a radiant, multicolored glow akin to a brilliant sun.

The Grand Elder stroked his beard, awaiting the birth of the legendary dragon offspring.

As the shell broke, a dragon's roar echoed, astonishing the onlookers. From the head alone, this divine dragon seemed extraordinary. Yet, when it fully emerged, the crowd was stunned.

Gazing with wide eyes, everyone, even the usually composed elders, was at a loss for words.

The Grand Elder, astonished, nearly plucked his beard. The Second Elder cursed, furious and red-faced, "Damn the ancestral dragon's nest! How dare it deceive our Wan Gu Ye family! What did they give us? This is truly infuriating!"

Understanding the cause of the commotion, Ye Tian looked towards the ancient dragon egg. The shattered shell revealed not only a rare egg liquid but also a small snake beside it, greedily sipping the liquid with a satisfied expression, as if enjoying a precious treasure.

Even Ye Tian, momentarily perplexed, thought, "What? How could it be a small snake? According to the family, the ancient dragon egg should birth a peerless dragon after experiencing the passage of time. How could it be so ordinary? Well, its appearance is quite impressive."

"Stats, quickly, identify what's going on!"

"The dragon egg that the Grand Elder and Second Elder struggled to snatch from the ancestral dragon's nest shouldn't cultivate a worthless creature."

"Otherwise, the two old men's mental state might explode!"

"Ding ding ding, starting the analysis."

"Ding, analysis successful. This small snake—or, small dragon—has average talent."

"Originally a peerless dragon offspring with extraordinary talent, it experienced a bloodline mutation due to countless ages, resulting in regression."

Hearing this, Ye Tian felt regretful, sighing inwardly.

What a waste—after searching across several provinces and expending effort to find the ancient dragon egg, it turned out to cultivate such a waste.

Originally a peerless dragon offspring, it regressed due to the passage of time.

The dragon race was considered supreme, and bloodline regression was an occurrence with an extremely low probability among dragons.

Ye Tian had initially toyed with the idea of tasting the dragon egg, but a change of heart occurred. As the heir of a distinguished bloodline, ending up with a commonplace creature felt akin to having a mundane pet—a dragon version of himself!

Yet, he couldn't deny his extraordinary fortune. Belonging to the top family, with the formidable Ye family's Divine Emperor as his father, not to mention the indulgent relatives and the occasional assistance from a useful system.

Contemplating this, Ye Tian cast a glance at the snake...dragon baby with profound sympathy.

In comparison to himself, this little dragon handed over by family members seemed genuinely pitiable.

Fortunately, his family ranked at the pinnacle in the realms.

His father stood as the preeminent figure, the Ye family's Divine Emperor, reigning over all eras!

Crucially, these renowned relatives surrounded him incessantly, cradling and pampering him as if he might shatter or melt.

Oh, and there was the occasional useful system.

Considering all this, Ye Tian regarded the snake...dragon baby's eyes with deep sympathy, especially under the public's gaze as the eggshell of the ancient dragon slowly shattered, and a divine light, reminiscent of a dazzling sun, illuminated the surroundings.

The Grand Elder, adjusting his beard, awaited the emergence of the legendary dragon offspring.

As the radiance faded, a crystal-like creature emerged from the dragon egg, its body glowing like nightfall, exuding an aura of grandeur and divinity, displaying the majestic power of an emperor's dragon.

However, the subsequent scene left the onlookers dumbfounded.

Initially extraordinary from its head alone, as it fully emerged, everyone, including the usually composed elders, was left wide-eyed and speechless.

Gazing in disbelief, even the typically calm branch elders were at a loss for words.

They all assumed that the ancestral dragon's nest had played a trick on the Wan Gu Ye family, providing them with a worthless egg.

Yet, Ye Junlin, the current Divine Emperor, with discerning eyes, saw through the situation. After scanning the ancient dragon egg and the small snake, he instantly understood that it was not an intentional trick by the ancestral dragon's nest but rather a bloodline regression caused by the passage of time.

"Let's go. The Wan Gu Ye family has prospered for countless eras. Are we going to be toyed with by a group of loaches?"

The Second Elder, Ye Wanjie, was fierce and demonic in demeanor, full of rage. He was about to storm out of the hall to settle the score with the ancestral dragon's nest.

However, at that moment, a melodious voice interrupted, "Elders, wait. It seems the young master quite likes this little snake, uh, this little dragon."

8