(01) So-called Opportunity? What a rip off!
44 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

One moment I was rushing trying to get home when I forgot my umbrella. Then there was a flash then darkness. I then found myself in a white room. No windows everything was stark white. 

“Hello Diego, first I would like to congratulate you on this new opportunity.” An old man said with a grin. 

“Opportunity? Where am I?” I asked. 

“This is my space! A stopping point before I send you to your new adventure! That’s the opportunity! Since you were fried nice and toasty by another god's throwing of lightning you were given the transmigration cycle as an apology. Well anywho have a nice long life or short one!” He said. 

Before I could even raise objections, questions, or wring my hands around his throat for nonchalant phrasing of my so-called opportunity I found myself in a room with my head feeling like it was being cracked open. My body screamed in pain to where even I didn’t want to move. 

Flashes of memories from the body I took over. And I wanted to see that so-called god and wring his neck for this supposed opportunity. I took a couple of deep breaths and organized my thoughts from what I saw. It took a while to fully understand my situation. 

I’m now Emiko. An orphan part of the Leaf Village. A hidden ninja village. I just turned six and will be heading into the ninja academy. I was not well-liked. For some reason, I was regarded as a monster. I tried to find out why, but it could be because I prank those who give me those types of looks. The boy was attacked and instead of going to the hospital, he tried to patch himself up. I think he died then, and they had put my soul to take his place.

I sat up slowly with a great amount of pain. I looked around the room. I found torn-up walls with paint peeling off, and little bugs crawling around the dirty space. Piles of torn and dirty clothes that I can smell from here. piles of dirty and used Ramen cups, milk paper crates that one would get for school lunches, and dirty dishes piled on counters and in the sink. I then looked at myself. I was wrapped messily in bandages soaked and covered in dried blood. I have to change those so it doesn't get infected if it isn't already. I slowly stood up and I grabbed the wall tears fell. I hate this! Why did they think this boy was a monster?! I heard noises on the other side of my wall. A name popped into my head when I heard that. Naruto. Suddenly my door burst open. 

"Hey, Emiko! Are you ready yet? We can't be late for our first day of the academy!" Naruto shouted and he came into the room and he froze looking horrified. 

"Emiko!" He said and rushed over he grabbed a box on his way. Mentally I wanted to scold him, that I could do it myself. However, I didn't feel like doing so when I wanted to cry and not move an inch. 

"Why didn't you come to me? I thought you promised you would!" He said undoing the wraps. 

"Sorry." I got out quietly. He paused but quickly went back to work. 

"Now get changed we'll talk about this after the academy." He said. I nodded. I put on the black pants and orange shirt putting the shinobi packs on and we rushed to the academy just as the Hokage finished his speech. I wobbled feeling nauseous. Naruto stepped closer and reached into one of my packs and opened a bag. 

"Eat you are paler than snow." He said. 

"I lost too much blood." I groaned. 

"Hence why you should have come to me." He stated. I sighed and took the bar. I started eating and I felt a little bit better. We saw a bunch of other kids go to a wall and rush inside. 

"I'll see what classes we are in. Hopefully, we are in the same one." He said. He rushed to the wall scanning it. I felt being shoved and due to my condition, I ended up on the ground. Gasping holding my ribs in pain. 

"Emiko," Naruto said. my hand was stepped on. 

"What a loser. monsters like you should have died when they were born." A boy snarled and left and Naruto reached me. He was glaring at the boy and I could sense anger. I looked at him seeing his eyes start to turn red. I felt the Anbu and the Hokage zone in on us. 

"Are we in the same class?" I asked pained trying to stand and he helped me back up. His eyes went back to normal and the energy left. I blinked. 

"Oh yup, we are in Class 1-c." He said. We walked and found the classroom. most of the seats were taken. But there were two seats by each other in the back towards the window. We walked and sat down. I laid my head on the desk and I felt eyes. 

"You are bleeding through your shirt." A voice spoke. I jumped and saw a boy staring down at me. 

"If you were injured you should have gone to the hospital they could have healed you." He said. 

"I'm fine," I said. 

"Here," he said holding out a roll of bandages and a packet of some kind. I eyed it and back to him. What does he want in exchange? 

"Thanks," Naruto said taking the roll and packet. 

"Hold your shirt up Emiko," Naruto ordered. I did so and Naruto removed the already-soaked bandages. He put something on it and I whimpered into my arm and I felt the new bandages being wrapped. 

"That should stop the bleeding and start healing it," Naruto told me. Black dots hit my vision. 

"I'm Shikamaru Nara, this is Choji Akamichi." The boy with the bandages said. 

"I'm Naruto Uzumaki and this is Emiko," Naruto said. I felt some others stiffen hearing it. 

"What a drag. So that's Emiko. He doesn't look like a monster nor do you look like one. Yet many claim you two are..." Shikamaru spoke. 

"Well, we can't control what they believe in can we," Naruto spoke defensively. 

"I suppose not. I recommend actual medical help if you have this position again. Sometimes those supplies are there just to give immediate aid till you could see a medic-nin." He said. 

"Thanks, we'll keep that in mind," Naruto spoke. 

"Hello class, I'm Iruka call me Iruka sensei! Let's get started." A man called. The room quieted down and it went black. 

1