Chapter 15: All Hail the Queen
349 8 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Attack!” screeched one of the Naga Brood-guard as a small battle raged on. The Naga was screeching at a small group of human slaves that were now desperately running forward. The slaves were cut down easily by Naga wearing blue ribbons on their arms. 

“Hold the line we can’t allow these invaders to harm the madam!” Spat the largest Naga on the opposing side. He and ten other Naga were blocking the invading army of Naga from assaulting their home cave. A loud boom came from inside the cave and a large spear impaled an invading Naga. 

“Who says I need protection” came an eerie hiss. Out of the cave slithered a Gorgon with a dark tail and dark skin. Her serpentine hair was a mass of writhing black snakes each spitting venom. “Medusa I call on the ancient right of the Gorgon!” The Naga all just gazed at the Gorgon. Each of them knew a right of the Gorgon could end the war with only a fight between the two Gorgon’s. 

“My, my little sister, I never thought you would use that to help you” a laugh could be heard as the figure ended her sentence. Medusa had slithered onto the battlefield her black and purple snake hair hissed and glared at the other Gorgon’s snake hair. She wore her usual purple corset but this time donned a metal brace around it to act as armour. A humanoid figure resided next to her and walked with her towards the Gorgon. The figure had grey eyes and dark grey hair but something was slightly off about the figure. His skin was slightly scaly with obvious reptilian eyes and scales forming around his eyes. The figures forked tongue tasted the air and the Gorgon glared at the figure.

Medusa looked at the Gorgon “so Antrice are you ready to bow after my champion wipes the floor with you” Antrice spat on the floor beside her.

“So you’re too much of a coward to fight me on your own?” Antrice laughed but Medusa’s face turned hard.

“Don’t get me wrong sister if I was fighting I might accidentally kill you” Medusa patted the figure on the shoulder. “Ow my sweet Cole could you please teach this arrogant fool the difference between us please, and maybe I’ll reward you” Medusa’s forked tongue licked the tip of Cole’s ears as she whispered that last part. Cole stepped forward and Antrice slithered forward. Antrice towered over Cole and she sneered.

“So what is the weapon you choose, you little freak?” Cole smiled at her question.

“For you? Ha my hands will be more than enough” Cole cracked his knuckles as he spoke. 

“Be careful sister that freak is stronger than it looks!” Four other Gorgon’s slithered forward. Each Gorgon had a metal collar around its neck and each looked beaten. Antrice looked at the other Gorgon’s frowned and spat a reply before grabbing a mace from one of her Naga Brood-guard’s.

“He may have been too much for you weaklings to handle but for me” she swung the mace with tremendous force hitting Cole. “It is nothing more than a newborn” then came a laugh from the dust cloud coughed up by the blow.

“You sure are one talkative bitch aren’t you” Antrice looked down in horror as the little freak still stood there. Its left arm completely covered in green scales had blocked the blow. “Natural Armament Snake Fang Fist” it spoke as it delivered a powerful punch to Antrice’s stomach. Antrice coiled back and with eyes of rage she screamed out send a hail storm of furious blows.

“HOW DARE YOU FREAK HURT MY DIVINE BODY!” Cole weathered the blows from the mace with a grin on his face.

“Natural Armament Impenetrable Scales” Cole’s entire body was coated in a thin layer of green scales and this just enraged the berserk Gorgon even further. She cursed him as he pulled back his right arm “Martial Art Hill Shattering Punch”. His right fist glowed a vibrant green and he launched the punch. It stopped just millimetres away from Antrice and the glow faded. Antrice collapsed onto the floor coughing up blood withering in pain. Cole walked towards her and grabbed her by her snake hair “you should be glad that Medusa wants you alive”. Cole began to drag the beaten Gorgon to Medusa who looked unsurprised.

Keres on the other hand was somewhat surprised and checked if Cole had awakened.

Unit name: Cole Romstock

Race: Naga Human Hybrid

Level: Trained

Racial abilities: Poisonous Fangs

Items: Martial Arts Manual X1

Skills: Lesser Elemental Immunity, Lesser Unarmed Combat Proficiency, Lesser Serpent Kai

Martial Skill: Natural Armament Snake Fang Fist, Natural Armament Impenetrable Scales, Martial Art Hill Shattering Punch, Martial Art Dodge and Counter, Martial Art One Inch Punch

Keres was slightly impressed but also curious on how the human had gotten a monster stat box instead of a player’s. The system told her that he was willingly corrupted and became a denizen of this world. The time also was different here as a week on earth was four weeks on this world. But Keres was more interested in the lair of Medusa. Her people had moved away from the caves and had constructed a large aztec like pyramid made of a black stone mined from the cave. House were surrounding the pyramid and Keres was mildly surprised by the speed of their growth.

Medusa had made all of the other Gorgons slither up to the top of the giant pyramid. On the top of the pyramid was a large throne and chamber. Medusa called this her throne room and she made every other Gorgon bow before her. A dark cloud had begun to circle over head summoning forth lightning. A black portal opened up beside Medusa and she bowed.

Keres marched out of the portal in her smoky form “Goddess” Medusa looked at Cole with a strong glare. Cole instinctively bowed “what has earned us a visit from the divine creator?”

“Nothing much I saw you completed the condition so I decided to come and watch, she should be arriving soon.” Medusa looked at Keres with confusion but that was short lived as something tore the roof off of the temple. A large serpent with vibrant feathered wings glared at Medusa.

“I’m Quetzalcoatl the feathered serpent, my master has sent me to crown a new Gorgon Queen” the serpent took one look at Keres. “Ah master you are here” Keres waved and Medusa raised her head slightly. “Medusa do you accept the responsibilities of being a Queen, do you live to the values of a serpent?”

“I will and I do” Quetzalcoatl nodded and Medusa was enveloped in a rainbow light. Medusa screamed in pain and Cole stepped forward but was stopped but the tail of Quetzalcoatl. The screaming subsided after a few minutes and Medusa stood there changed. A small golden crown band rested on her head with an emerald imbedded in the middle. Her purple corset was trimmed with gold and silver with a metal internal lining. A large gold sceptre was clutched in her hands, it seemed like it could be used as a weapon as well. 

Her pink and teal eyes glowed vibrantly as her entire aura changed to that of a ruler.

Unit name: Medusa (Gorgon Queen)

Race: Gorgon

Level: Trained (X5 thanks to being named)

Racial abilities: Stone Glare (Stone), Stone Glare (Paralyse), Stone Glare (Restore), Granite Skin, Poisonous Snake Hair, Venomous Nails, Complete Poison and Venomous Immunity

Items: Queen Gorgon’s Head, 3 bottles of Gorgon Snake Hair Venom, Venomous Gorgon nails 1~10, Jewelled crown, Golden Sceptre, Core stone (Trained Level)

Skills: Greater Naga Command, Lesser Gorgon Command, Lesser Elemental Immunity, Melee Weapon Proficiency, Unarmed Combat Proficiency

Martial Skills: Hypnotic Stare, Inescapable Constriction, Venom Spray, Naga Enragement, Gorgon Enragement, Tail Cyclone

Magic:, 
Tier 4: Mass Cure Wounds, Mass Strength Bestowal, Mass Durability Enhancement, Mass Curse
Tier 5: Poison Mist, Poison Wave, Poison Curse, Mass Rot

Medusa bowed before Keres and Quetzalcoat. Keres left through her portal whilst the other flew away but not before restoring the pyramids roof. Medusa looked at the other Gorgons who all looked down at the floor. The one question prevalent on their minds was what was she going to do with them.

Medusa smiled “Cole release my sisters from their collars, we have a festival to be had” Medusa laughed. The other Gorgon’s looked at her in surprise and then looked at each other. “Don’t worry sisters you are my subjects now I need all of them I can have” Medusa laughed. “The goddess might allow us to partake in another raid soon and allow us to gather the spoils of the weak world.” She ran her finger under Cole’s chin “and maybe we can find you some slaves with some worth.” Medusa let out a loud hiss and the banging of drums and the sounds of instruments could be heard. Several slave humans were forced towards them with trays of various meats and fruits. “Eat and drink to your hearts contents my people for Medusa the Gorgon Queen is here.”

She looked at Cole “and for you I want you in my quarters now”. Her predatory smile made Cole slightly uneasy as he knew this either meant he was going to be eaten in one sense or the other.

11