Chapter 17: Detroit is made an even shittier city
324 9 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“All forces build those barricades faster!” Jack yelled at a small collection of Cultists. Jack and a vanguard force had arrived at the site of the portal with three hours to spare. “What is E.T.A of the rest of the cult?” Jack asked a cultist with a radio.

“They’re one hour out Brother Jack” the cultist spoke Jack nodded and looked behind him. 

“Great just the fucker I didn’t want to see!” Jack seethed.

“What brings you to my fair city lolicon?” A familiar voice jeered at Jack.

“Long time no see you bastard!” Jack retorted the towering figure did a booming laugh.

“Why so harsh Jack I thought you’d be glad to receive my assistance” the figure’s dark skin had an eerie shine in the sunlight. Red markings etched on his arms and legs and small bumps were on his forehead.

“We need no such assistance Maximilian, the rest of her followers will be here shortly” Jack glared into Max’s blood red eyes with his own blue eyes.

“Alright, you aren’t going to stop me from helping though are you? I would hate for us to be at odds in the face of perilous danger.” Jack looked at Max with distain before returning his gaze to the portal.

“You just want to claim this portal don’t you?” Max laughed slightly before his demeanour changed to one of a cold calculating business man.

“Well this portal could really help with the local economy, after all you built a temple to that shitty woman didn’t you?” Jack’s hands carefully rested on his daggers Max saw this “I apologise Lolicon, I meant you built a temple to that benevolent goddess”. Jack kept a stern look as he began to walk away.

“Be carefully brute you never know if the blow that will end your life will come from behind” Jack said callously as the rest of the cultists near them sheathed their weapons. The military promptly showed up to begin evacuating and fortification of the surrounding area. Several members of the Justice league even turned up to help. 

Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Hawkgirl, Green Lantern and several other lesser members of the Justice League were preparing themselves. The countdown had one hour left and the gang members brought by Max shifted nervously. They had never been in a major battle against the creatures from those trials before. None of them had even reached a first Job Advancement. Only Max, Angus and Mathew had and it showed by the respect the two latter members received.

Name: Angus Clawford

Race: Human   Age: 24

Level: Trained    Items: Breath Stealing Dagger, Night-shroud Cloak

Title: None

Job: Tier 2: Assassin LV1 (Advanced from Rouge)

Skills: Greater Presence Erasion (Upgraded twice from Lesser Presence Erasion), Greater Danger Detection (Upgraded twice from Lesser Danger Detection), (New) Identify (Upgraded from Lesser Identify), (New) Dagger Proficiency (Upgraded from Lesser Dagger Proficiency), (New obtained from Job Advancement) Lesser Weakness Detection

Martial Skills: Double Slice, (New) Shadow Steps, (New obtained from Job Advancement) Critical Strike

Boons: Peak Human Stamina, Peak Human Reflexes, Peak Human Speed, Lesser Regeneration, Lesser Pain Nullification, Peak Human Agility

SP: 1,000

Name: Mathew Clawford

Race: Human   Age: 24

Level: Trained    Items: Wind Bow, Quiver of Endless Arrows

Title: None

Job: Tier 2: Sharpshooter LV1 (Advanced from Archer)

Skills: Complete Bow Proficiency (Upgraded thrice from Bow Proficiency), Complete Hawkeye (Upgraded thrice from Hawkeye), (New) Steady Hands (Upgraded from Lesser Steady Hands), (New obtained from Job Advancement) Lesser Steady Breathing

Martial Skills: Armour Piercing Shot, (New) Armour Piercing Scatter Shot, (New obtained from Job Advancement) True Shot

Boons: Peak Human Speed, Inhuman Reflexes, Peak Human Stamina, Inhuman Intuition, Peak Human Agility

SP: 1,000

Both men had black hair cut in a short military fashion, their eye colours matched as well each being a deep blue. Max turned to the twins “I wonder what she’s sending this time?” Max laughed and cracked his neck. ‘If it’s goblins I can slaughter them all with one hand tied behind my back, if it’s that snake lady things could become difficult’. “Red Oni’s prepare, drink, fuck, do what ever to calm your nerves and steel your wills for that portal holds unimaginable horrors and if you try to run away” Max gave a menacing gaze. “I will throw you to them myself” his gang men and women nodded as they knew he meant it.

Jack just gave a disappointing tut at Max before Dick approached him. “Brother Jack, I came as soon as I could” Dick bowed before Jack who was preparing his cloak and mask.

“So did your training go Brother Juria?” Dick scrunched his fist it a ball. He was wearing the same outfit he wore at the Metropolis attack.

“It went fine Brother I obtained my job advancement and I’m ready to fight in the Goddess’s holy name” Dick had obtained this job advancement only recently. Because of his uniform job he did get multiple choices when it came to the advancement. He had seen from several other cult members that they could choose from a list, but he was different as his job only gave him a singular route.

“Could you show me please Brother Juria, I would like to see the fruits of your labour?” Dick nodded and showed Jack his status page.

Name: Dick Greyson  (Shows up as Juria Lockly)

Race: Human    Age: 17

Level: Trained     Items: Crest of Sin (Murder), Vampiric Scythe, Vampiric Cloak, Gauntlets of Greater Strength

Title: Sin of Murder 

Job: Tier 2: Archon of Murder LV1 (Advanced from Sin of Murder)

Skills: Crest of Sin (Murder), Peak Regeneration (Upgraded from Greater Regeneration) Thrill of the Hunt, (New) Detective Instinct, (New) Butcher’s Instinct, (New) Greater Killer’s Instincts (Upgraded from Killer’s Instincts), (New obtained from Job Advancement) Status Concealment (Doesn’t show up unless Dick wants it to)

Martial Skills: Blood Paralysis, Vital Strike (Non Lethal), Vital Strike (Lethal), Demonic Transformation, Dissect, (New obtained from Job Advancement) Massacre 

Magic: Blood Magic

Boons: Peak Human Body, Increased Durability, Peak Human Mind

SP: 1,000

Dick was thankful that he got a skill that could change aspects of his status page as he knew it was only a matter of time before someone asked to see it. Jack seemed happy with what he showed him. “You have done the goddess proud Brother Juria now prepare for the trial ahead”. Dick bowed once more and slowly walked away, he caught gaze of Batman looking at him with concern. Batman had been worried about him since he started to become more aggressive towards criminals. 

He had tried to take him off this assignment several times because Dick was changing. Dick had kept the no killing rule for humans, but the creatures from these portals weren’t humans so they weren’t covered by the same protection. Dick also noticed that his bloodlust was being quelled by the scythe. But he noticed his skin becoming more pale, his ears and canines had become sharper. Normal food just began to make him feel sick to his stomach and anything he ate was just puked up later.

Dick just had to prepare, the attack would happen and even the slightest lapse of concentration could get him killed.

————————————————————————

Keres was sitting comfortably in her realm sipping some tea made from the planet Driasan. The tea had a calming aroma and a sweet taste, Keres had never been a tea fan but that would soon change with this tea.

A small crack opened up in her realm and bright white light started to bleed through. The crack got larger and larger until it burst open and a man exited. Blue eyes met Keres purple eyes, Keres snapped her fingers and another tea cup appeared on the round table. The man’s dove wings fluttered slightly as he looked around Keres realm. He took particular notice of her bone throne and suits of armour that resided on either side of it. The man had a newspaper in his left hand as he took a seat. He slid the newspaper to Keres who picked it up and read it. “Read page two Keres” said the man.

“Top ten tips for getting away with rapeing mortals, you’ll be surprised by number one” Keres shot the man a quizzical look.

“Not that part the paragraph under it”

“The Annual Newbie Godkin Tournament” Keres began to read the article. “Sixteen new Godkin send a team of five people from any world they manage to complete for a grand prize” Keres seemed unimpressed by the concept. “And why does this concern me Julias?” Julias just smiled as he sipped the tea that he poured into his cup.

He had a surprised reaction from the tea and did a small mmm sound. “That is some good tea” Keres just glared at Julias. “Back to the point you’ll be participating in that tournament” Keres jaw dropped.

“No” she said calmly taking another sip of the tea.

“You don’t get any choice in the matter, the tournament is in two months, read the rules and get your team ready, I have high hopes for you” Julias finished his tea and got up. He took another look around Keres realm “I did say last time to improve your realm but evil overlords office isn’t any better of an improvement”. He spotted three sacks of green leaves huddled by the throne’s left side. He waved his hand and the bags were enveloped by a white light and began to float towards the entrance to the crack. “I will be having these as well call it payment for such an amazing opportunity” Julias and the bags containing the leaves quickly disappeared into the crack that sealed itself shut.

Keres was left dumbfounded “my tea” her aura flared up “Julias you bastard!” She fumed. Keres quickly calmed down and began reading the rules of the so called tournament. “Five players must be selected from worlds a Godkin manages, the maximum level is Veteran, no items above Trained level can be used to maintain fairness, you win your match by defeating all members of the opposing team” she read some more of it before putting the paper down. “This is going to be a massive waste of my time” she groaned.

“Well I think it’s time to rally the troops” Keres vanished in a puff of black smoke. She soon reappeared over a large green field. Countless creatures waited below her, she saw them look up to her and cheer. Those with weapons hit them against the dirt or with their shields. The symphony was cut short as Keres clapped her hands. The booming echo knocked over countless members of the smaller monsters.

“You know why you have been summoned forth” Keres spoke in a commanding tone. “A world where the humans still reign supreme still exists, will you let that stand?” Her question earned her an echoing chorus of shouts and roars from the monsters. Keres held a wicked smile as she pointed to the horizon “go forth, rape, pillage, feast, humans are your prey let them know this simple truth and let them never forget it!” As these words left her lips the monsters roared in anticipation. And charged forward in an incoherent mob towards the distorted gaping scratch that Keres had created in their reality.

Large Invasion
Army Units:

Uninitiated Level: Blue Slimes, Green Slimes, Human Meatshields, Human Slave Warriors, Imps, Red Slimes, Squirrel Beastmen

Rookie Level: Dobermann Beastmen (20,000), Hellfire Imps (20,000), Chicken Beastmen (20,000) , Brained Washed Human Slave Warriors (20,000), Big Blue Slimes (20,000)

Trained Level: Wolf Beastmen (500), Raven Beastmen (500), Drakes (500), Succubus (500)

Veteran Level: Minotaurs (50), Wyvern (50)

Champion Level: Mutated Minotaur (1), King Wyvern (1)

Boss Monster: Mutated Minotaur 

————————————————————————

Jack watched the countdown hit zero “Brothers and Sisters this is it, the goddess test is upon us!” The cultists cheered and prepared themselves.

“Red Oni’s don’t forget if you run away, I know where you live” Max laughed followed by the laughter of his group. 

“They are a bunch of madmen” one of Justice League heroes said as they braced themselves for what was to come. As the countdown zeroes began to bleep something unseen before happened. The portal collapsed in on itself then it exploded into a slim column of black light striking the sky. The military personnel that turned up just before the countdowns final mark looked up in horror. A large gaping scratch in the sky had formed, the scratch seemed to clover part of the sun casting darkness in several areas. The military members readied themselves with nervous and fearful anticipation. They had brought Apache Attack Helicopters, M1A2 Abrams Tanks, Armoured Humvee’s and even APC’s.

Screams could be heard in the distance as panicked voices called for help on radio’s. Something big also cast a monstrous shadow from the sky. Everyone looked up and saw it, a monstrous shape a hundred and fifty feet in length and with a wingspan of four hundred feet. The creature was slim and grey in colouring with a long tail ending in several spines and two legs with razor sharp talons. More smaller flying creatures accompanied this monster. They were thirty feet long with a measly hundred foot wingspan. Their colouration was much brighter than the larger monster. Some were red, some were green and some were even blue but they all shared a common feature, the spines on the tail.

The Apache’s had to take evasive manoeuvres as the winged creatures dived at them. The cultists, gang members, heroes and the military personnel could hear tanks firing, machine guns firing and even rockets being fired. “Help us they’re coming out of nowhere!” screamed the radio.

“We’re surrounded we need immediate backup!”

“They’re tearing through the tanks like they’re made of paper!”

“Aghhhhhhhhhh!” The heroes immediately began trying to remedy the situation by dividing their forces into teams. The military began following the heroes to help their comrades whilst the cultists and the gang members kept their forces whole.

“Well it looks like your city has gone to shit” Jack laughed.

10