Chapter 13: Slaughter
495 6 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jack watched on as a large hand braced itself on the large black door. The wind began to scream as it seemed to run away from the door. A second hand held a three headed flail and then came a disfigured muzzle. Blood red eyes with a tint of copper glared out towards the world before it. The Naga instinctively slithered back and braced themselves for battle. Jack could only describe the creature like a mix between a hyena and a man. The creature towered over Jack as it approached him. The retched stench of death and rotting meat flowed from the monster before him.

Jack noted its shoddy armour and its claws looked sharp and deadly. The face of this monster that towered over Jack was one that even a mother couldn’t love. “I heed your call human!” Its ragged and gritty voice said as it looked around. The Naga began to slowly slither backwards and the rest of the cultists just stared on. 

“You know of our bargain Yeenoghu?” Jack asked inquisitively as the Gnoll glanced down at him.

“Fear not mortal I know of our bargain” the Gnoll licked his lips “so many tasty morsels so little time”. Yeenoghu leapt towards the nearest Naga who wielded a spear. Vicious teeth tore into the creatures shoulder before a sickening tearing sound. Yeenoghu held the Naga’s throat in his bloodied maw and swallowed it. Three of the Naga hissed loudly and charged towards Yeenoghu with their weapons raised.

The sounds of two maces and a scimitar colliding with flesh sounded out. The three Naga looked in horror as their weapons hadn’t even scratched their foe. “Weak now it’s my turn” Yeenoghu said with a sadistic grin. He spun his three headed flail and launched his attack. The three flail heads found their marks and the Naga’s dropped to the floor dead, their brains splattering the ground near their corpses. Yeenoghu took a deep breath and inhaled the sweet scent of blood and fear. His eyes began to glow a bright red and his body visibly became bigger. “I have so many tasty morsels to use my Blood Rage on” he laughed and disappeared. The eight Naga in the crudely created base looked around in a panic. Four of them had formed a back to back circle defence. The other four were bracing themselves against any type of obstacle that could help them not get attacked in the back.

One of the Naga had backed themselves into the corner this one was armed with a pike and thought he was safe. This wasn’t the case as Yeenoghu appeared right in front of him. Yeenoghu showed his clawed hand inside the Naga’s surprised mouth. It tried to hit him with its tail as Yeenoghu began to pull its jaw from the rest of its skull. The other Naga watched on in horror as Yeenoghu ripped the poor Naga’s jaw off. It tried to scream in pain but he shoved the jaw broken bone end first into its neck. The Naga’s blood gushed out of the wound and it tried stem the bleeding. Yeenoghu grabbed the now dying Naga and held it in a position so that it could stop its bleeding and that it created a crimson shower for him.

The blood ran over his fur and skin and he exhaled in a euphoric way. “Nothing gets the blood pumping then a good blood shower” Yeenoghu just looked at the remaining Naga as he spoke this taunt. The Naga tried to contain their rage as Yeenoghu began to slowly approach another of the singular Naga. It was armed with a small knife and it desperately charged. The other two singular Naga did the same thing but Yeenoghu just laughed. A spartan kick from him blew the knife wielding Naga’s organs out of its back. The two remaining chargers were killed by Yeenoghu swiftly decapitating them with his free claw.

The Cultist on the wall noted that all the Naga outside the walls had already ran away. They just watched the savagery unfold as Yeenoghu looked at the four grouped Naga with predatory eyes and a sinister smile hung on his face. The Naga hissed at each other and three began to slither away much to Yeenoghu’s surprise. The Naga that stayed behind ditched its shields and dual wielded two weapons. These weapons were a scimitar and a mace the Naga defiantly glared at Yeenoghu. 

“Oh how cute the prey wants to fight back” Yeenoghu laughed as he slowly stepped forward. “I admire your bravery, foolish but brave nonetheless” Yeenoghu hunched forward close to the ground. He fully extended his toe claws and used them to stabilise himself. His free hand was placed on the ground and his flail arm hung back slightly and dragged on the ground. Yeenoghu tensed every muscle in his body and prepared to charge. The Naga felt something big was coming and prepared itself. It lowered both of its weapons and braced itself.

‘I just need to buy them enough time to tell the mistress about this invasion’ the Naga thought as it watched its foe carefully. The monstrous form that was Yeenoghu shot forward like a bullet from a loaded gun. Indents from were its hand and feet had been etched into the ground. A loud scraping sound could be heard as his three headed flail scraped and tore up the ground. The Naga was nearly frozen in fear as the Yeenoghu’s terrifying visage came closer and closer. 

Its monstrous red eyes never looked away from the Naga who mustered all the will power it could just so it could move its arms. The Naga screamed and hissed at the top of its lungs as it flung both its weapons in deadly arcs at Yeenoghu. The Naga felt the three flail heads collide with his torso but he slightly happy. His scimitar had drawn a small amount of blood from his opponent. The Naga crumpled to the ground as the flail did its job the two weapons fell to the ground. Yeenoghu touched a small cut the Naga had caused to his left pectoral. The cut was only an inch long and wasn’t that deep but he looked at the dead Naga and felt something.

“You were worthy prey” Yeenoghu said solemnly as he thrust his fist into the corpses chest. Yeenoghu pulled out the Naga’s heart “I honour your bravery and deed prey now we can become one”. Yeenoghu devoured the heart not leaving anything, not even a microscopic shred. “I have completed our bargain mortal” as Yeenoghu said this he began to disappear in wisps of black flame. The corpses of the Naga began to disappear as well in similar wisps of flames. All that was left behind was some equipment and some strange green gems.

Jack collected one of these gems and a notification appeared before him.

Rookie Core

A core from a Rookie Level monster they contain some energy from this world. It might even be worth something.

Level: Rookie

Properties: Contains a minuscule amount of energy from this world. This energy can improve the abilities of those who absorb this energy by a small margin. They can be used to enchant and upgrade gear and equipment and is a staple currency for others. 

Jack ordered everyone to collect these cores as they could be of great use. He felt the energy from the gem and began to absorb it. His nearly depleted energy was nearly fully restored by the gem and he smiled. He was slightly nervous tho as he had received a warning prior to summoning Yeenoghu. He apparently had awoke a primal hunger and that there would be side effects from that.

“Smith!” Jack called at one of the cultist that was nervously slouching in a corner. The cultist ran towards him, the cultist had a mop of shaggy brown hair, a mouth of crooked teeth and brown eyes.

“Yes Brother Jack?” The cultist bowed slightly.

“You chose the Blacksmith Job right?” The cultist nodded nervously.

“I am starting to wish I didn’t it has no skills to fight and it is difficult to level up.”

Jack shook his head and tossed him another of the green gems from the ground. Smith was barely able to catch it and gave a confused look at Jack.

“What am I meant to do with this?” Jack clenched his fists.

“You have an enchanting skill right?” The cultist nodded and Jack sighed. “The item description said we can enchant gear with these gems so” he gestured towards Smith. An anvil and hammer appeared before Smith and he took a deep breath. Jack handed him one of his daggers but checked the item description before hand.

Dagger 

A run of the mill dagger that can be found anywhere usually made of iron or steel. 

Durability: 10%

Level: Uninitiated

Smith gulped and used his skills it told him exactly what to do. He place the gem into the hammer on the anvil and turned to Jack. “My enchantment skill says this item has an eighty percent chance of being enchanted.” Jack nodded and urged him to continue so Smith just took a deep breath. Smith swung the hammer down and hit the dagger it glowed bright green. The gem in the hammer shattered into nothingness and Jack took his dagger back.

Enhanced Dagger

A run of the mill dagger that has been enhanced. It is now more durable than a normal dagger and will not lose its sharpness. 

Durability: 100%

Level: Uninitiated

‘It didn’t increase in level does it require more to do that’ Jack thought as he sheathed the newly enchanted dagger. Smith looked happy “I gained XP” he clapped his hands. 

“Good everyone prepare for the night we will take shifts and will fortify this position for when those Naga come back.” The cultist cheered but Dick pocketed one of the gems to give to the league. 

————————————————————————

Keres watched what transpired and smiled everything was going to plan. The humans would take those gems into their world and experiment on them. Then they would discover the benefits of the cores they would use them especially as a clean alternative energy source. The energy produced would improve the world and would help it towards accession. It would also help her because if she wanted to send stronger monsters they would need a suitable atmosphere rich in this energy. 

The changes would be minor at first like increasing the size of trees. Water becoming more tasteful and purer maybe even crops being better tasting. Then the changes would be noticeable, like mutated wildlife, increased lifespans even people developing jobs without the need of trials. But Keres was getting ahead of herself even if the humans went crazy and started using these cores like idiots it would take decades to achieve any noticeable changes. Keres decided to check on Yeenoghu as this was his first day out.

She opened up a portal to the Nether Realm of Driasan. The smell of brimstone and death greeted her along with the landscape of pure hell. The Nether was dark and was basically hell with pools and rivers of lava. Jagged mountains of black rock and not a single source of natural light. Keres found Yeenoghu kneeling over a pool of lava. He was watching the other Gnolls in the Overworld they seemed to be feasting on the Naga. 

“Lady Keres you should’ve told me you were coming I would have prepared a seat for you” Yeenoghu panicked at the sudden arrival of his creator. 

“No need Yeenoghu I just wanted to check on your progress on your people” the Gnoll nodded frantically.

“My people are progressing at a fair pace and have accepted me as their god. They are all ways hungry and there is never enough food to go around so the weak die and get eaten by the strong.” Keres nodded slightly and smiled.

“Is there any developments with them like a new type of Gnoll or specialisation” Yeenoghu looked at Keres in confusion.

“What do you mean my creator?”

“Like have any of them become proficient in swords or something to be classed as better or have some of them developed special traits because they live in a certain area”. Yeenoghu shook his head and Keres sighed “well that was disappointing, I was planning on rewarding you and your people” Keres turned to leave.

“Reward creator what kind of reward?” Keres had a sly smile on her face she had interested him. Her smile receded as she turned to face him a small image appeared in the palm of her hand made of smoke.

“This is Themyscira home of these lovelies” the image changed to show a slightly muscular woman wearing a starry swimsuit. “The Amazons and this one in particular is their champion Wonder Woman” Keres saw Yeenoghu’s mouth starting to drool. His eyes were very focused on Wonder Woman’s thighs perfectly sculpted by her Amazonian training. “You like Yeenoghu because that island is filled with tasty morsels like her”.

Yeenoghu licked his lips catching a particular long rope of saliva. “What must I and my people do my creator?” 

Keres smoky body distorted slightly as she spoke “I want you to raise the Gnolls to new levels in particular I need three types of Trained Levelled Gnolls. Also maybe some at Rookie level since I can only bring ten Trained Level monsters in a Medium sized invasion. Maybe some Uninitiated level as well if not I can always create them on the spot for you”.

Yeenoghu nodded frantically “Don’t worry my creator I will not fail you” Yeenoghu said as he gazed longingly at Wonder Woman’s thighs. He wondered how they would taste like when they were roasted over an open fire. 

“Good I’ll give you a month, don’t disappoint me Yeenoghu”

13