The Accursed
16 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Luminous Wilds, Earth.

Year of The Dead Kings.

Shrouded in a faint white light, the half-awoken Linley held his head in his hand, trying to clear the heavy fog on his mind. He vaguely remembered the agonizing pain as the canine bit down on his neck. He touched his throat and swallowed hard. He couldn't have survived that, could he? If he didn't, then why was he still alive?

Slowly, the faint light disappeared into his body, and entered his mind. A few seconds later, he was fully awake. Where was he? He looked around, but nothing was familiar to him.

As he struggled to stand up, he saw his reflection on the surface of the Luminous lake, and scrambled backwards in fright. The face and the body wasn't his. Even the clothes he was wearing was like a regalia. What by the gods happened to him?

He was still ruminating on his existence when he heard wolves howling, not far from his position. He decided now wasn't the time to linger around this Wilds. Later, he would reminisce on his life.

After a careful consideration, he decided to put some distance between himself and the wolves. The path to the mountains on the right seemed a perfect way for him to take. These chain of mountains stretched for hundreds of miles, with dangerous peaks and jagged rocks. The entire mountain region was covered by tall trees, some of which appeared to have survived for hundreds or even thousands of years.

After going more than ten miles deep, Linley discovered an unknown fruit tree beside the road under the afterglow of the setting sun. It was full of fist-sized wild fruits, many of which were already bright red.

Since he was hungry, and had to rely on perseverance far beyond ordinary people to hold on until now, he cautiously came under the tree.

After seeing so many delicious fruits in front of him, he couldn't bear it anymore, and his stomach growled in protest. He quickly picked off a red fruit and took a big bite. He relished the sweetness of the fruit as he chomped down on it.

After finishing the fruit in three or two mouthfuls, he waited for about a minute to see if his body would react to the fruit. When he felt that there was no change in his body, he sighed in relief. It means the fruit was not poisonous.

He immediately picked another one and ate it. In this way, he ate eight fruits in a row. When he felt that he could not eat any more, he took off his tattered robe and spread it on the ground. He picked dozens of fruits, wrapped them with his clothes, and kept them for later when he was hungry. Who knew if he would be able to find something to eat on the way.

After resting for another half an hour, his physical strength was completely restored. At this time, the sky had become dark, but a bright moon hung high in the sky, which gave him some comfort.

Linley, who was well-read due to the acquired memory, knew that he must find a safe place to spend the night. If he encountered a wild beast, he would be in trouble.

He immediately put the wild fruits on his back and continued walking forward under the moonlight, searching carefully for a suitable place to spend the night.

After doing some searching, Linley finally found a place he thought was safe to spend the night. It was a very large stone. He climbed on it and found that the stone was flat enough for two or three people to lie side by side.

He put down the bag of fruits, jumped down from the stone, went to the woods and picked up a thicker branch. After removing the leaves and twigs from the branch, he made a wooden stick about one foot long.

He carried the stick and climbed up the boulder again. With this wooden stick as a weapon, Linley felt more at ease, so he put his head on his belongings, held the wooden stick in his arms, and gradually fell asleep.

[Soul Awakening]

Name: Linley the Accursed

Wheel: The Dragon Artifact - Legendary Level 1

"Aaaaaargh" Linley woke up from his dream, screaming. He thought he was a wolf's dinner, but it was just a nightmare. He sat up on the stone and dried the cold sweat on his face with his sleeves. This wasn't a dream from his own memories, but from the newly acquired memories. Everything that happened in the dream was vivid in his mind.

Just as he was touching his chest, trying to calm down his heart, he accidentally discovered a pair of bluish radiant objects on the ground near the stone where he was resting. What was that? He rubbed his eyes and took a closer look. Damn, not good at all.

It was clearly a wolf with blue eyes. A level three dire wolf.

Linley felt his scalp going numb, and all the hairs on his body stood up. His heart, which was just about to calm down, immediately started beating wildly again. He immediately grabbed the wooden stick he had prepared in his hand and stood up on the large stone.

Seeing the human stood up, the dire wolf took a step back, squatting slightly on its front legs and slightly bending its hind legs, ready to pounce on its prey.

At this time, Linley was extremely nervous, and his hands holding the stick were trembling slightly. He was extremely afraid. How could he not be afraid? In the barren mountains and ridges, he was alone facing a ferocious wolf that was chilling to watch.

Then, he realized there was no point in being afraid. Only he could save himself. Besides, there was still a blood feud that had not been avenged. He would see if he could take this wolf as the first battle for revenge, Linley thought in his heart.

He tried his best to calm down. Thinking of his blood feud, he felt full of strength. He stared at the wolf with his eyes, ready to fight it.

Suddenly, the dire wolf leaped and rushed towards Linley who was still standing on the boulder. The moment the wolf jumped up, Linley also swung the big stick in his hand very hard. There was a snapping sound, as the stick hit the wolf's head, causing it to fall to the ground.

But before he could rejoice, the wolf on the ground suddenly stood up again, shook its head, and looked at Linley fiercely. Now, the wolf was completely angered by the human.

Linley hit the wolf on the head with the stick again, which made his hands numb and almost lost hold of the stick. Seeing that the wolf was down, he couldn't help but feel a little relieved. But before he could celebrate, the wolf stood up again and again, seemingly uninjured, just a little dizzy.

He confronted the dire wolf again. The wolf slowly walked around the boulder, looking for an opportunity to strike a fatal blow. He also slowly turned around as the wolf moved, while constantly thinking about how to kill or drive away the wolf.

Suddenly, an idea flashed in Linley's mind, and he remembered the knowledge about wolves mentioned in a book he had read when he was a student. The hardest part of a wolf's body is its head. No wonder when it was hit with a stick, it acted as if nothing had happened.

The wolf's weak point was its waist, which was relatively soft. Once attacked there, the wolf could lose its combat effectiveness or even lose its life.

Thinking of this knowledge, he felt more confident in defeating the wolf. Staring at the wolf circling around him, Linley discovered a problem.

The wolf's circle was getting smaller and smaller, and it was getting closer and closer to the boulder he was on. What a cunning wolf. If he hadn't discovered it early enough, the wolf might have succeeded.

He knew that the dire wolf was about to attack, so he immediately made preparations. Sure enough, the wolf that was circling suddenly jumped up again and rushed towards Linley fiercely. He dodged to the side, passed the wolf's head, used all his strength to pick up the stick, and hit the wolf on the waist.

There was only a muffled sound, and the wolf howled in pain. It was sent sprawling five or six meters away by the force of the swing. It rolled and fell to the ground. Blood spewed from the corner of its mouth. It struggled to stand up, but failed to stand up several times, so it had to lie down.

It was breathing heavily on the ground, and blood was constantly pouring out along with the airflow.

Linley was also panting heavily, with only half the size of the original stick left in his hand. Because of the excessive force, the stick was broken just now, which showed how heavy the blow was.

Seeing that the wolf did not stand up this time, he was relieved. He put half of the wooden stick aside and sat down to take a rest.

But before he could sit firmly, the injured wolf raised its head high, not caring about the blood flowing from its mouth, and made a thunderous howl. In the silent night, the dire wolf howl spread far and wide.

Linley was startled by the howling of the wolf. He quickly grabbed half a stick, jumped down from the stone, and looked nervously at the wolf laying on the ground.

After the wolf howled, it took a short rest and then howled at the sky again. Then it lowered its head and panted heavily, as if these two howls had exhausted all its strength.

When Linley saw that the wolf only howled twice and did nothing else, he was deeply puzzled. Could it be that the wolf was beat silly by him? Seeing that it was not far from death, it did nothing but howled. Could it be that it was delivering his last words? Wait, something was wrong. He had overlooked something. But what did he overlooked?

At this moment, Linley vaguely thought of something, but he couldn't remember it clearly which made him feel uneasy.

A breeze blew by, and there was a rustling sound in the distance. Linley looked at the direction the sound was coming from, but he could only ses darkness and the shadows of tall trees.

Suddenly, Linley shivered. He knew what he had overlooked.

1