Chapter 9 – First Contact
349 4 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I landed a little bit out of sight of the town and used my shapeshift for the first time. I couldn't change the pigmentation of anything, so I was still stuck with my white hair and body and my bloody red lips and clear red eyes. But I changed my facial feature a bit and made them softer and a little bit squishier that I look more childish. I add a little fat to my body as well so that they could mistake me as someone younger. Then I checked my outfit again. It was the same as in the facility with scarf, so that nobody could see my slave collar.

After I was done I walked slowly to the towns entrance. The Setting of the game was a fantasy with magitech, so I really don't know what I should except. This town just seemed like a medieval town and if I had to guess around 10.000 inhabitants plus/minus a few thousands. So it was rather large I would assume. The town had rather large walls with guards ad the gates. I saw a few merchants passing through and I slowly got closer.

I didn't use a cloak to hide my ears and horns, because I didn't want to grind my shapeshift until I could hide them and I wanted to gauge the reaction of people and I definitely got attention. A few people looked at me with disgust and I was stopped at the gate of one of the guards.

[Timothy Morows

Human Male

Warrior Level 32]

"Stop there, Slave! Where is your master? Entry to the city is only allowed with him!" Shouted the Soldier with disgust and contempt in his voice and I stopped and looked around. For the first time I really looked at the people around me and had to hold my sigh. Every person I could see was human. Okay no every free person was a human. It seemed that I was spawned in one of the racist countrys and here i thought that wouldn't happen. The Company said there wouldn't be much racism and many Kingdoms and Empires would have an open policy to races, but it seemed I had really bad luck.

I have to improvise and adapt, but I had an idea. I straightened my back and looked with equal contempt at the guard. That was rather easy with 10 as an ice queen. "My Mistress," I emphasized this, because he thought I had a master and it would put him of a bit. "is in no condition to enter a city without disturbing its citizen and send me to make a few purchases for her." I explained clearly and with confidence. That seemed to take the guard back a bit and he just blinked at me slowly for a few seconds, before he got his bearings again.

"Sorry, but that are the laws without your mistress you are not allowed entry." Explained the guard again, but with much less contempt. I sighed deeply. "Very Well than I will have too look elsewhere. Good day, Gentlemens." And i left the scene. With how I behaved they probably think, that I am someone from rich background or high standing. Now I had to alternate my plans a bit. At least I know now, that this is a human ruled country. I bet only humans are allowed free, if the guard thought I would be a slave without seeing the collar. Great that would limit my possibilities. Not by much, because I was skilled to stealth, but I wanted just a moment to without having to hide.

After I was far enough that they couldn't see me, I turned the Invisibility on and changed to my phoenix form, before I just flew into the city. The city was rather nice. Most of the buildings were made out of stone and the streets weren't full of shit, so they should at least have some sort of sewer or just magic. Most houses were had at least one additionell floor and I saw a few with two or three floors. It was rather late, so I probably wouldn't find a place to sleep. Not that I had any money. But I hope my new body could handle one sleepless Night. The blood I sucked from the scientist in the facility should be enough for food for today. So I scouted the city and especially the slums. 

I call it slums, but it isn't so bad. The buildings aren't that maintained and this part is clearly on the poorer part, but I don't see to many people who are nearly dead. Yeah many people seem malnourished and really bad, but not dropping dead the next morning bad.

I watched the people come and go looked for pickpocketers and other criminals. I observes especially the taverns they frequent, to look where I can find an informant and middle-man. The Flying and invisible part, made that really easy and I found the tavern after four hours. The sun already set and it was dark, but I saw everything in the dim moonlight. After I found the tavern I stayed still to let my Mana regenerate without dropping my invisibility and entered into the tavern right after someone.

I didn't want to be discovered so after I entered I flew to a wooden perch a the ceiling where I landed and observed the tavern. The Bar was on the other end of the door and on the right side of the Bar was a little stage where music was played, even in these poor parts the tavern must do enough to hire someone. On the Left side of the Bar was one doorway to a corridor who leads further into the tavern and beside the doorway was a stairway up into the other floors of this Etablissement.

It was late so most people were a little drunk and I just watched again. After another 4 hours it was deep into the night and most people were knocked out drunk I saw several people coming in and going to the Barkeeper, after an exchange of words they were going through the doorway deeper into the tavern. Another one just stepped deeper into the tavern and after I was sure he gave the right signals and codewords I followed him. He walked through a few hallways, before he stepped into a room. I still didn't saw the figure I followed, because he was hidden beneath a Cloak, but I didn't really care.

Inside was a rather bland storeroom with a few crates and shelves. He walked to one shelve and turned one of the handles, before pulling at it. The shelve moved open like a door and behind was another opening and stairs lead downwards. I followed him again and after we descended and were under the ground the stairs lead to a long hallway. After a short walk we came to a steel door. After the guy knocked and said something through a hole that opened, the door opened up. I followed fast through and we were in a rather large cellar. A few crates here and there, with a bar and one or two improvised tables. Seemed like a base for a little town.

I flew through the room and spotted a few doors and one stairs leading upwards. Most of the rooms were dark but I spotted a few rooms with light. I watched again the person I followed and he just sat at one table. What gave me hope was, that I even saw two non humans sitting there without getting much attention. That gave me hope to get work and information.

Now I had to figure a way where the boss was. I really didn't had much choice to just look into each room that was lit and hope the bosswas here an awake. I landed in Front of the most good looking door, if there even is something like that and shifted back to a humanoid form, but with my draconic features. My horns are a little bit more pronounced and my eyes have now slids. My hands are forming into claws and I use my shapeshift to make myself a little bit more ferocious looking and let my voice get a bit more menacing. Then I transform my clothing into something more revealing of my modest breasts and show my stomach. My skirt gets a little bit shorter and I change my shoes to boots with heels. My arms are getting a glove that are leaving my Claws free and I would like to have found gold to make a crown, but well I have to do without. My Collar gets covered with a thick choker.

So I look now dangerous and hopefully sexy as well. I don't really know much about fashion. Sure I know what looks good, but actually getting something together is another story. The last part is a long Cloak, that completely hides my figure, because I should show myself instantly. I use the hood on the cloak to hide my head and most of my face and then slip silently into the room.

It isn't locked so I open it slightly and just slip through the gape and close it again. Of course this doesn't escape the occupant who abruptly stands up and has a sword in one hand. He is wearily watching his surroundings. He isn't an amateur, then I hope this is the boss.

[Alaster Brightwood

Human Male

Bard Level 54]

I cock my eyebrow, that was a high level and he could kill me easily if I let my guard down. I get visible again and chuckle. "You can put your weapon down, if i wanted you dead you would be a long time ago." I state confidently. My voice sounded a little bit to menacing, but to change my voice is far too difficult to master it in a short moment. Alaster didn't put his weapon down and just squinted his eyes.

"With your level? I doubt it. What do you want and why shouldn't I kill you right now?" He ist still vary of me even with my low level and even with this threat he seems reasonable. I just stood where I was and took my hood of. I grinned and showed my sharpen teeth and let my voice back too normal.

"Because First you cant... Okay that isn't correct." I activated my Void form and I had black wisps floating around me now. "Now you cant kill me." He visible tensed for a moment excepting an attack, but is still only inspecting me. I just start walking slowly around the room and seemed not bothered by his stance or worried in the slightest. "And second it wouldn't bring anyone anything. Even if I die I just resurrect. Yes I am one of the new immortal that tread your world. Now tell me are you the boss of this place?" He seemed to ingest my words and just sighed, before putting his weapon away and just sits down again, before pointing on a chair on the other side of the table. I just smile at him and take a seat and let my Cloak seemingly vanish inside my choker. He raised an eyebrow and then looked me up and down. The Outfit seemed to have the wanted effect. I sit down and put one leg above the other.

Alaster didn't quite got affected too much and nods after I sat. "As you seem to know I am the boss of these fine men an woman who are working on the more dangerous side of society. Now is the question why a new Immortal is looking for me?" I just smiled sweetly. "Well you see the first time I tried getting into the city they wanted to know where my master is, so I assume non humans are not allowed to be free. I didn't want to cause a scene so I fled and searched for many hours the darker part of the town. You see we immortals don't have much info about this world and because I don't even know the law of the city I want general knowledge about this world or what you would know as common sense. Someone who could explain to me the simple laws around this country would be nice and some geographical knowledge. If it would be possible a way into a library if that is a thing or just when there shouldn't be anyone. Of course I don't want that for free. You saw my stealth skills and I am the perfect spy and if I get proper weapon a good assassin, so I will work for the info you provide, of course if it isn't unreasonable. But if you are interested I could pay you in another way." I stated my desire pretty straight forward. It was after all a normal exchange. The man smiled slightly.

"Ahh that makes sense. We actually have a few assassinations in request, but assassins are rare in this part so not all get filled, so you could get money with that. Information is always welcome, but rogues most of the time go that way if they end up on this side of society, because you don't get a high bounty with only spying. We can get you into the library and get you the info when there shouldn't be many people. I guess you wont be noticed if you cant keep that skill up for longer periods of time." He waited a little bit, but I didn't gave anything away. "And ask later Walter at the bar for general knowledge about the town. The geography you should look up at the library." He didn't gave anything away about the laws and dint question anything about my actions on the gates. He is clever. "But why later?" I asked him with a raise eyebrow and he just grinned at me. "Of course to get your first payment done and discuss the further ones." I just smirked. That wasn't really a price for me, so I would have my fun and got free information!

Sorry for the delay. I didn't had the motivation to write much yesterday, but this time the chapter is longer. I am just to unsure if that what i write know is actually good or not and question my decisions far to often^^° Hope my description of her again wasn't to terrible I really have difficulties with these. And next time a dedicated sex scene and exposition!

5