Chapter 16: Zero
190 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the complete annihilation of the ten wyverns in the sky, the entire forest was turned silent, and all the witnesses to the event could only stare at the falling ashes being lit up by the noon sun.

"Those were my most powerful monsters; it took me years just to help them grow to their current strength," Jude said, his eyes shivering in confusion. "They were supposed to be invincible with their current strength; even a Class S individual would have a hard time fighting them all at once."

But Jude's thought was interrupted when a blinding light shined through them, coming from above.

In an instant, countless piercing lights surged towards the monsters surrounding the forces of the adventurers and knights. It happened so fast that before they realized it, all the monsters in sight fell to the ground with holes in their bodies. Leaving everyone in complete confusion, not understanding what was happening.

"Are those Piercing Lights? My magic?" Julian asked, his eyes filled with confusion.

Before they noticed it, a silhouette landed on the ground between the forces of the kingdom and the two members of the Heralds. The smoke of the ground covered the area, and every eye anticipated what was hidden within.

 

Slowly, the newly arrived person was revealed. The first thing that could be seen was a metal gray mask, with the only outlet being the person's eyes, showing two red eyes staring directly into Jude and Julian. On the person's forehead were two imposing black, sharp horns, revealing their race—a demon, a very rare kind of demon.

The person stood up from crouching, revealing his tall height, with his body covered in a brown robe, hiding what was within. The person's hair could not be seen as a whole due to the hood of the robe, but it revealed a glimpse of black hair showing slightly.

The wind blew, making the smoke completely gone and swaying the robe the person was wearing, revealing what was hidden. Cream tunic top, brown pants, and brown combat boots.

What was also revealed was a black tail that resembles a black wire, long and thin but moving freely like an extended hand. At the end of the tail was a sharp barb that resembles a sharp heart—as sharp as a sword, a weapon in its own right.

"Would you look at that, two weaklings decided to ambush an army of weaklings. What a fascinating sight. A bunch of insignificant bugs." The person spoke with a baritone tone filled with arrogance, his eyes showing a hint that he saw the people around him as no more than mere insects.

Both Julian and Jude instinctively walked back; they knew more than enough. With a single glance at the person's horns and tail, they immediately determined the tribe of demons this person came from.

Of course they knew; after all, they were taught about this certain species of demon and strongly advised to never confront when encountered and to run if possible.

The forest turned silent as everyone immediately understood the situation. They recognized the masked person standing in front of them.

"My apologies, where are my manners? I should have known that even insects like you sometimes deserve to know the name of the person who will kill you," the masked person said, and he shrugged, with an aura overflowing with arrogance. "I am known by many names: the destroyer, the terminator, the living catastrophe, the cruel one, the cursed child, the ruthless calamity, but you may call me... Zero."

The revelation of Zero's identity put everyone in gasps; their enlarged eyes stared at him with disbelief. The thought that Zero, the legendary mage, was in this place put them in overwhelming shock.

"We need to escape, brother!" Julian screamed as he immediately forced the white wolf he was riding on.

Zero, on the other hand, just stared at Julian, his eyes filled with killing intent. "Piercing Light."

The moment Zero said those words, multiple lines of lights emerged near Julian and easily stabbed him before he could even take a single step. Julian could only stare at Zero as blood burst out of his mouth.

"How?" Julian could only ask.

"Because I am Zero." Zero raised his right hand, and a massive sword made of light emerged from his hand. "Vanquishing Slash," he said, and slammed the massive light sword at Julian, easily obliterating him into nothingness.

Upon seeing it, all eyes darted to Vahili, who, just like everyone else, was surprised. "That was... That was my magic attack."

What was left after Zero's attack was a massive hole without a trace of Julian, the wolf, or the trees that were destroyed by the attack.

"Brother!" Jude could only scream as he shivered.

"Your brother was so weak I had to hold back, but it seems even my weakest attack is too much for him. What a waste," Zero said, walking towards Jude. "It is expected from the weaklings that you are."

"Zero! You will pay for this!" Jude screamed and called for his remaining monsters nearby.

Immediately, a massive group of monsters rushed towards Zero. However, Zero just let them get near and raised his right hand. All the monsters immediately stopped and slowly turned around, looking at Jude with bloodthirsty gazes in their eyes.

Zero aimed his hands at the white wolf Jude was riding on. "This is a boring battle," he said, and he fired a piercing light towards the wolf, killing it and making Jude fall to the ground.

"This is impossible! How could this happen?" Jude screamed as he tried to remove the corpse of the white wolf over him, but it was too heavy for him to lift.

"That's the problem with mages; they tend to be cocky because they can use powerful magic, but when their magic capabilities turn useless, they are powerless," Zero said as he gestured his hand, commanding the monsters to approach Jude.

"You are a mage too!" Jude tried to taunt, but his face was replaced by great fear upon seeing the monsters surrounding him.

"I am no mere mage like you are; I am a battlemage," Zero said, putting his hand down. "Feast on his meat."

The monsters rushed into Jude and began devouring him alive; his voice echoed throughout the place, giving chills to anyone who could hear it. While the torture was happening, Zero watched with amusement, especially how Jude begged for a faster death—but was not given.

"This is what cocky weaklings deserve," Zero said with satisfaction in his voice.

9