Chapter 19: Kingdom Of Satirica
179 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

One week had passed since the adventurers of the town of Brookhaven returned. The news of the return of the legendary mage Zero had spread throughout the entire kingdom so easily. The entire kingdom of Satirica anticipated the true revelation, but because since then no news about Zero has happened again, all they could do was wait.

The morning sun shined through the town of Brookhaven. Located at the boundary of the town was a trail that would lead into the second path that could lead to the capital. Unlike the main road, this road was safer but would take much longer to travel on.

This route also had small paths due to the high cliffs and mountainous terrain, making it impossible to travel by carriage; the only way to use this road was by foot.

At the entrance of the path was a group of adventurers; each one of them had a smile on their faces as they said goodbye to their leaving comrade, Killian.

"You really are living to go to the capital now, huh?" The captain of the adventurer said as he tapped Killian's shoulder. "I still remember when you first came to our guild, a guy who can't even throw a proper punch."

"Please don't remind me about those embarrassing memories," Killian said, but with a smile on his face.

"Oy, Killian, are you sure you are not going to the capital to meet the princesses? We would understand, you know?" The muscular adventurer said.

Killian narrowed his eyes. "You know me; you should probably know the answer to that. A commitment to any woman is pain to deal with; I am not into it."

The captain of the adventurer laughed. "Right, Killian is not the type to commit to any woman. I don't think that would change even under the influence of two beautiful princesses."

The muscular adventurer laughed. "Right. Good luck playing hide and seek with them then."

Killian started to walk away, waving his hands at them. Killian had a big smile on his face, and so the adventurers waved their hands at him.

Killian walked into the mountainous path, traveled by foot for at least a few minutes, and stopped upon confirming that there was no longer anyone who could see him.

As he did, his body began its transformation. His black eyes began to turn red, while a pair of sharp, arching black horns began to materialize in his forehead.

As he walked one step, his black tail swayed in the air. As he opened his mouth to exhale, what was revealed was a pair of sharp fangs. This was Killian's real form, which he could hide using magic.

"That was a fun two years, but I have to leave this town now. For my responsibilities," he said, summoning a pair of black wings on his back.

In a blink of an eye, Killian surged up to the sky and flew at a speed faster than sound. His flight direction was towards the kingdom of Satirica.

Killian's travel by flying was short; he reached the capital of the kingdom of Satirica in a span of mere minutes—and it was not even the fastest he could fly.

Killian landed on the boundary of the forest and the kingdom of Satirica, right at the highway, where passenger carriages were passing by, which could bring him to his destination for a fee.

Killian took on his human form and rode onto one of the carriages. And from there, he reached the capital of Satirica.

The capital of the kingdom of Satirica was a massive settlement, home to a large number of citizens. It was a community protected by a massive stone wall that protected the kingdom for so many years.

Killian stared at the scenery of the grand infrastructure of one of the gates of the kingdom; it was not the main gate, but it had already had a massive frame. The carriage was covered by a massive tunnel, with lights coming from oil lamps scattered throughout. This tunnel was protected by a massive iron gate. Knights were in every direction, keeping an eye on anyone passing by.

The moment the tunnel ended, what was revealed was the noon sun and the lively community under it.

The sound of the wheel of the carriages sounded as they rolled on the concrete road. The infrastructure at the side of the road was made of chiseled stones and high-quality wood.

But the main spectacle was the biggest infrastructure located at the center of the capital. It had three peaks, its prominent form completely visible from any region of the capital. It was so imposing, as a sign of power to the ones living in it—the castle of the kingdom of Satirica. The very symbol of the power of the kingdom.

"We are here, the Adventurer's Guild of the Kingdom of Satirica," the coachman announced.

Killian stood up and jumped onto the concrete sidewalk. He waved his hand at the coachman. Then, he stood at the double metal door of the infrastructure.

"Ah, the air of the city. It's been a while," Killian said, walking towards the door.

As Killian entered the hall, all eyes immediately darted toward him. There were a lot of adventurers inside, much more in number compared to the guild hall of the town of Brookhaven.

Killian stood in front of the clerk, who was currently writing, and didn't notice him arrive.

The clerk was blonde, wearing her uniform, a white long sleeve with a shade of blue, and a black skirt. She was wearing red-framed glasses that showed her almond-brown eyes, skimming her work.

"Good day. I am here to register in this branch of the guild," Killian said.

"Sure, just give me your identification card," the clerk said. She looked up at Killian and returned her gaze to her work. However, upon realizing what she saw, she immediately looked back at Killian's face; this time her eyes were enlarged.

"Is there a problem?" Killian looked at her name tag. "Miss Catherine?" he asked, smiling while handing his identification card.

Catherine cleared her throat. "Killian Ashler, a Class D adventurer, from the town of Brookhaven." She glimpsed at Killian's face. "A healer?"

Killian nodded. "Yes, I am a healer."

5