Chapter 7: Essence Core Ritual Part 2
84 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Every dragon of Navalon, from newborn to the elderly, could feel the dense spiritual essence coming from the royal castle, and for a few seconds, the entire realm of Genesis went silent.

The seven continents of sin and virtue of planet Serenity could also feel the tremendous energy coming from the newborn lineage embodiment.

A beam of energy suddenly emerged from Khaos’s body, it seemed to connect the continent of Navalon and Planet Serenity to one another.

The elder dragons of Navalon felt chills as the new energy they were sensing seemed much more potent than Princess Nova's. It even surpassed the Dragon King of Navalon in his full-power dragon form, which made them nearly soil themselves.

How could someone this powerful go unnoticed for so long, especially inside the Royal Castle of all places?

The Lightmourne Royal dragon family looked at each other simultaneously and sat in shock for a few minutes.

Then suddenly, they were reminded of a great prophecy passed down for centuries by their ancestor, the great dragon of the light, Lumiere.

The Royal Family dismissed the nobles without hesitation. When they were gone, they immediately told the clan elders about the ancient prophecy. 

“The next dragon god is a being who possesses one of the greatest elements a dragon can be born with. However, even with research from past and present, we still don't understand its true nature, nor the limits and rules of its existence. If disobeyed, they may come with severe consequences for all that exists. Only he, who has the choice to create or corrupt as he pleases can ever fathom what lays beyond our firmament. An entity who uses chaos as a means to bend the laws of reality itself while remaining neutral with his emotions still intact. He is more than qualified to be our god. As a royal dragon and elder of the light dragon clan, I, King Novex hereby declare myself as our lord’s first dragon knight, should he be born in my lifetime.”

This declaration from the revered King Novex, the grandson of Lumiere and Navalon’s strongest dragon shocked the elders, who believed that he would detest the birth of such a morally gray dragon.

There were four particular elders who believed the prophecy was probably true, however, they were appalled that the King of Navalon, someone they grew up with and admired, would step down as the king and become a mere knight to the next dragon god if he was ever born.

The four elders who thought this way were showing their displeasure without speaking.

 Fire in the form of a volcanic landscape, wind in the form of tornadoes, earth in the form of an earthquake, and water in the form of an icy glacier. The manifestation of the four natural elements started filling the massive room, before immediately returning to normal as their auras dyed down.

The other three clans believed in the dragon god's power and argued that the prophecy was simply a warning of what could happen if they shunned him now. They thought it was up to them to help guide the god and prevent him from harming the mortal realm.

As the birth of the dragon god begins, tension between the two sides of the divide escalates.

The Earth Dragon clan, the Fire Dragon clan, the Water Dragon clan, and the Wind Dragon took extreme measures to prevent his birth.

In contrast, the Light Dragon, Dark Dragon, and Poison Dragon clans wanted to ensure he was born by any means necessary .

The elemental dragon clans of Navalon are now on the brink of civil war and extinction. Though, ultimately, the decision to accept the birth of the dragon god falls to the king of Navalon, who also holds authority as the elder of the light dragon clan. 

As the final vote King Novex must choose between the two sides. He’s aware that his decision will have far-reaching consequences for the dragon continent of Navalon and its inhabitants.

Location- Navalon's Council Room

As the day of the dragon god's birth arrives, the Elder Dragon Lords convene a council of the most powerful and respected dragon nobles from each clan to discuss the matter.

The four natural elemental clans still feared the destruction the dragon god could bring to Navalon. They were resolute in their conviction that the prophecy had to be prevented from becoming true.

The earth dragon clan, known for their unyielding resolve, argued that the prophecy warned of the god's true nature. They were convinced that the dragon god's birth would only lead to devastation and ruin, and they were willing to take any measures necessary to prevent it.

The fire dragon clan, renowned for their fierce temper and aggressive nature, agreed with the earth dragon clan's viewpoint. They argued that the god's power was too great for the mortal realm to handle and that it was better to nip the problem in the bud before it was too late.

The water dragon clan, known for their wisdom and foresight, had a different view. They believed the prophecy was not set in stone and could be altered through their actions. They were willing to take calculated risks while the dragon god was young to ensure that he was guided toward a path of righteousness, but they would not hesitate to kill him in the future if his nature suddenly changed.

The wind dragon clan, known for its adaptability, carefree, and adventurous nature, took a more pragmatic approach. They wanted to prepare for the worst-case scenario, but they weren't too fond of killing a newborn dragon.

On the other side of the divide, the three clans who believed in the dragon god's power were equally convinced of their viewpoint.

The light dragon clan, known for their optimism and positivity, argued that the god's birth was a chance for a new beginning, a fresh start for their people.

The dark dragon clan, known for their stoic nature and unwavering determination, believed that the prophecy was simply a test of their faith. They argued that they must consider the dragon god's power and bloodline. He was their new ruler, and as servants, they felt they would have to work together to prevent failure, no matter the challenges.

The poison dragon clan, known for their cunning and guile, had a more strategic approach. They argued that they should take advantage of the dragon god's power while he was young and use him to their advantage.

As the discussions continued, the divide between the clans seemed to widen, but as the birth of the dragon god drew near, the stakes were higher than ever. 

Each clan knew that their actions would have far-reaching consequences, and the fate of their people still hung in the balance.

Location- Royal Castle: Discussion Chamber

"I believe It's time to consider a different approach. Too many of our brothers and sisters are willing to throw away their lives over a mere prophecy." (Kaizen Ashfallen: Elder of The Fire Dragon Clan)

Kaizen Ashfallen is a legendary figure in the continent of Navalon. He is revered as the elder lord of the Fire Dragon clan. In both his hybrid and dragon form, he towers over others with his impressive size and muscular build. His scales are a deep, fiery red, and he has black horns with blue eyes.

As a leader, Kaizen exudes an unmistakable air of command and authority. His voice is deep, and his eyes burn with a fiery determination and ambition few can withstand. Despite his fearsome reputation, he's known to be a wise and just leader with a keen understanding of the intricate politics of the mortal realm.

In battle, Kaizen is truly a force to be reckoned with. His fiery breath is hotter than any other dragon's, capable of melting adamantine armor and reducing even the most formidable mythical weapons to ash. His wings are also flexible but very durable, allowing him to stay aloft for extended periods and perform aerial maneuvers that other dragons could only dream of.

Even with immense power, Kaizen has his flaws. He can sometimes be stubborn and prideful, refusing to back down even when the odds are stacked against him. However, his unwavering loyalty to his clan and his unshakable commitment to their well-being make him a true hero in the eyes of his people.

"If the prophecy is true, we would live only to serve him and become his pawns if need be. Look around. Mere wyverns and lesser dragons have become more arrogant now than ever, so what do you all think the next dragon god will be like? Despite that, rules are put in place for a reason. We have no choice but to give him a chance, considering he's a god candidate." (Nautica Undine: Elder lady of The Water Dragon Clan). 

Nautica Undine's name resonates throughout the dragon continent of Navalon. It is spoken with reverence by the royal family and commoners. She is the elder lady of the ancient water dragon clan, a powerful and enigmatic figure who has lived for centuries.

Despite her age, Nautica retains a miraculous youthful vitality. Her scales and eyes are a shimmering azure blue. Despite her fearsome appearance, she moves with a fluid grace and elegance reminiscent of the water she controls, and her voice is just as soothing.

As a leader, Nautica is known for her wisdom and compassion. She is deeply empathetic and able to understand the emotions and motivations of others. She has instincts that is praised even among her colleagues. She uses her intuition to guide her clan with a gentle hand, always seeking to promote harmony and cooperation.

Nautica's mastery of water is unparalleled. She can extract water from anything containing it and is capable of manipulating even the largest bodies of water. Her breath attack is a vortex of ice that can freeze entire oceans. 

Though despite her incredible power, Nautica is a pacifist at heart. She hates violence and seeks to resolve conflicts through negotiation and compromise whenever possible. However, she is not above defending herself and her clan if provoked.

Nautica's long life has given her a unique perspective on the world, and she has accumulated vast knowledge and wisdom over the centuries. However, she sees herself as a servant of the water and dedicates herself to its protection and preservation above all else.

"Well, what you say is undoubtedly the truth, but there must be a compromise to keep the peace and our dignity. That's all I'm saying." (Kaizen Ashfallen: Elder Lord of The Fire Dragon Clan)

"I agree. We've already lost so many of our own, and for what? To prove a point? And to whom? That's the only question we should be asking ourselves right now." (Nautica Undine: Elder of The Water Dragon Clan)

"You're right, Nautica. I just don't see how we can trust the next dragon god to follow our guidance willingly. Think about it. We probably wouldn't if we were in his situation." (Diamore Obsidius: Elder Lord of The Earth Dragon Clan)

Diamore Obsidius is an intimidating figure on the continent of Navalon. He is known throughout the land as the elder lord of the Earth Dragon clan. He has immense combat prowess, magic knowledge, and prestige, even amongst his peers.

Diamore's scales are a lustrous golden brown with a metallic sheen that reflects the light in a way that makes him seem almost otherworldly. His eyes are deep, glowing yellow, and his claws and fangs are as complex as adamantine. He possesses immense physical strength and speed, with a body as massive as it is agile.

As a leader, Diamore is feared and revered in equal measure. He is a dragon of few words, preferring to let his actions speak for themselves. He does not gladly suffer fools, and his temper is legendary among those who have dared to cross him. But despite his fearsome reputation, he's also known for his unwavering loyalty to his clan and willingness to do whatever it takes to protect them.

Diamore's mastery of the earth is unparalleled. He can summon massive earthquakes and reshape the landscape with a single thought. He is also incredibly skilled in close combat, using his immense strength and razor-sharp adamantine claws to devastating effect.

Despite his reputation as a fearsome warrior, Diamore is also a student of the spirit dimensions, ancient lore, and magic.

Over the centuries, Diamore has fought many battles and faced countless foes. But he has remained steadfast and unyielding, a beacon of strength and stability for his clan and the continent of Navalon.

"That's why the next dragon god should expand the dragon clan's influence on Serenity, under the condition that we're given a greater role in guiding his actions." (Zara Kavina: Elder Lady of The Poison Dragon Clan)

Zara Kavina is a dragon of unmatched cunning and deadly grace. As the elder lady of the ancient poison dragon clan, she is feared and respected throughout the continent of Navalon. Her scales are a shimmering, iridescent green, and her eyes gleam with a wicked intelligence that can unnerve even the bravest warriors.

As a leader, Zara is a master strategist and diplomat with a talent for manipulating those around her to achieve her goals. Her mind is as venomous as her breath, and she is renowned for devising intricate schemes and plots that allow her to outmaneuver her enemies with ease.

Zara's mastery of poison is unsurpassed. She can unleash a deadly cloud of toxic gas that incapacitates or kills even the most resilient foes. Her venomous bite can paralyze or cause excruciating pain, and she can even inject her enemies with toxic energy that can eat away at their flesh and soul.

Despite her fearsome abilities and reputation, Zara is known for her loyalty and compassion toward her clan. She will go to great lengths to protect her kin and will not hesitate to lay down her life if it means securing their safety. Known as a dragon of great complexity and depth. She loves beauty and art, with a keen eye for detail and a refined sense of aesthetics. She is also a student of philosophy and history and enjoys pondering the big questions of life and existence.

As a dragon who embodies the element of poison, Zara Kavina is a creature of contradiction. She is deadly, beautiful, cunning, compassionate, ruthless, and wise, all in one package.

"What if he uses violence on the innocent people of Navalon as revenge for suggesting he follow our guidance? I don't think getting on the next dragon god's bad side is wise. If he survived until he was older, there wouldn't be much we could do to slow him down, let alone kill him." (Aerion Stratos: Elder Lord of The Wind Dragon clan)

Aerion Stratos is a dragon of unparalleled grace and majesty. He is hailed as the elder lord of the Wind Dragon clan. He has four wings and his scales are grayish-blue, his eyes are entirely white, making them glow with an inner light when he uses wind energy.

As a leader, Aerion is wise and charismatic. He has a commanding presence that inspires awe and reverence in those around him. His voice is like thunder, resonating across the sky, and his aura makes him a natural leader.

Aerion's mastery of flight is legendary. He is one of the few dragons capable of reaching the uppermost reaches of the firmament. With a flick of his wings, he can create powerful gusts of wind that can create tornadoes. He is also known for harnessing the power of lightning, unleashing bolts of electricity that can decimate entire armies.

Despite his fearsome power, Aerion is also a creature of great compassion and empathy. He is renowned for his kindness towards his fellow dragons and will go to great lengths to protect and nurture the young of his clan. His wisdom and guidance have been instrumental in helping the Wind Dragon clan navigate the challenges of a rapidly changing continent floating above planet Serenity. He is also a dragon of great intelligence and curiosity, being a voracious reader with a particular interest in the natural world and the mysteries of the cosmos.

As a dragon who embodies the element of air, Aerion symbolizes boundless freedom and endless possibility. 

"Nope. I can sense it. Our lord's energy is completely neutral. He will be capable of great acts of justice and great evil. Just as a ruler should be." (Vekron Reaper: Elder Lord of The Dark Dragon Clan)

Vekron Reaper is a dragon of unparalleled darkness and mystery. He is feared and respected as the elder lord of the Dark Dragon clan. His scales are deep, onyx black, and his eyes are piercing crimson that seems to glow with an inner malevolence.

Vekron is ruthless and calculating, with a cunning intellect that allows him to outmaneuver his enemies in combat and politics easily. His mastery of shadow and darkness is legendary. He can create thick clouds of shadows that can shroud an entire battlefield and can even use his darkness to create a dimension where he can replicate a black hole. He can also manipulate the shadow fog to create illusions and deceive his foes.

Despite his fearsome reputation, Vekron is also a creature of great complexity and nuance. He is a dragon of great intelligence and insight, with a deep understanding of the world's darker aspects and the nature of true evil.

Vekron's lair is a labyrinthine network of tunnels and caverns filled with traps and pitfalls designed to ensnare anyone who would dare intrude upon his territory. His hoard is vast and varied, filled with ancient artifacts and treasures he has acquired over the centuries.

As a dragon who embodies the element of darkness, Vekron is a creature of boundless complexity and contradiction. He symbolizes the dangers that lurk in the shadows and reminds us of the ever-present threat of evil that will always exist.

"Hmm... You’re right. To be this strong as a newborn is beyond my understanding of our race." (Diamore Obsidius: Elder Lord of The Earth Dragon Clan)

"Same with me, but It's still our responsibility to ensure the safety of all dragons, no matter their position or class." (Nautica Undine: Elder Lady of The Water Dragon Clan)

Slowly but surely, dragon nobles from every clan join the discussion, hoping to voice their concerns and hopes for a better future.

Was the essence of chaos affecting them, or was this a natural response to the birth of a dragon god?

After much debate, the dragon king, Novex Lightmourne, speaks, "I have heard the arguments of both sides and understand the weight of this decision. However, I believe that we must trust in the power of our will and the strength of our community. We must ensure that he grows up to become a responsible leader, whether through justice or carnage. We must remain loyal to him alone. The will of our gods is absolute and unquestionable."

Novex Lightmourne, the king of Navalon and elder of the ancient light dragon clan, is a regal-bearing and immensely powerful being.

Novex's scales are the color of purest gold, with a faint luminescence that glimmers like sunlight on water. His eyes are a deep silver that intimidates the souls of those who meet his gaze.

As a ruler, Novex is renowned for his wisdom and keen strategic mind. He always anticipates his enemies' moves and outmaneuvers them in battle.

King Novex is also known for his control over light and energy, which allows him to unleash devastating energy blasts and summon great lightning storms to strike down his foes. His powers can also create barriers and heal the wounded, making him a powerful ally to those in need.

As the king of Navalon and the elder of the ancient light dragon clan, Novex is a figure of immense importance and reverence. So his words carry great weight, and his deeds are celebrated throughout the land.

*4 Hours Later*

The council erupted into a heated discussion, with some dragons protesting loudly and others nodding in agreement.

Eventually, the final decision to accept the birth of the dragon god is made.

The dragon god would be welcomed into the world amidst grand celebration and fanfare, with dragons from all the clans coming together to witness his arrival to their world.

The smell of cooked meat, plant-like food, and spices filled the air, making every dragon present salivate from their giant maws.

Tribal games were being played, and the low-class citizens of Navalon were sacrificing vast amounts of their energy to the dragon god in exchange for future prosperity.

Although most could transform into hybrid human forms to increase their mobility for everyday jobs, they were all in their dragon forms for this occasion.

For many, young and old, this was the first time witnessing the birth of a dragon god. They were excited, of course, but some were still fearful, and with good reason.

The dragon being born was their god. To them, it was a blessing to be able to witness such a divine miracle. They vowed to make sure their descendants would never forget this day. 

The locals had even built shrines in each of the three districts, where people could worship the new dragon god.

Navalon had three districts separated by class; of course, slaves existed, but that did not mean that Royalty and nobility could be useless members of society. As dragons, that's the last thing you would ever want to be because, to them, anything less than perfection was beneath them. 

Rimora is the royal district located in the heart of Navalon. It is land befitting of Royalty, known for its breathtaking views of the radiant glow from the morning sun, which seeps through the leaves of enormous trees, illuminating the district's beautiful gardens while also giving life to the capital's detailed architecture.

At the center of the district stands the magnificent Royal Castle, the official residence of the Lightmourne Royal Family.

The Royal Castle is a prime example of said architecture, with soaring towers, sweeping arches, and dazzling mosaics that depict the legends and lore of the Navalon dragon monarchs and past guardians. The interior is just as impressive, with grand ballrooms, elegant parlors, and ornate dining halls that are the envy of every noble family in the realm.

Beyond the castle's walls, Rimora is a bustling capital of merchants and artisans, where the finest men and women in Navalon ply their trades.

The district is also home to the Royal Gardens, a vast expanse of lush flora, unique animals, and sparkling objects everywhere you glance.

Despite its beauty and splendor, Rimora comes with challenges.

The Lightmourne Royal Family is an influential and often controversial figure in Navalon, and their allies and enemies closely scrutinize their every move.

Those who aspire to curry favor with the Lightmournes must navigate a complex web of politics and intrigue, where even the slightest misstep can mean the difference between success and ruin.

Next is the noble district of Skyhaven. It is located in the southwestern reaches of the dragon continent of Navalon.

The district takes its name from the towering spires that dot the landscape, reaching high into the sky like the fingers of a giant's hand. It is also known for its mesmerizing architecture, with grand mansions and massive estates that seem to defy logic.

At the heart of SkyHaven lies the Sky Palace, the official residence of the district's noble families. The palace is a marvel of engineering, with statues of elite nobles and soaring towers with divine cymatics carved into windows that resonate with their soul, healing their cells.

Inside, the palace is decorated with opulent furnishings and priceless works of art. But behind the palace walls, Sky Haven is also a bustling country with markets selling exotic goods from all corners of the continent.

The noble district is also home to many important institutions, including the Royal Dragon Academy of War and Magic, where Navalon's most talented warriors and spellcasters come to hone their skills.

The noble families that hold authority in the royal dragon academy are known for their mercurial temperaments and fierce loyalty to their own, making it challenging for outsiders to gain a foothold.

On the opposite side of fate, the low-class and poor district of Skyhaven is known as the Undercloud. It is a sprawling network of small buildings and winding tunnels located beneath the city's central districts. It's where the lowest class of dragons live.

The Undercloud starkly contrasts with the noble district's gleaming towers and pristine streets. They are narrow and winding, with little to no illumination, and the air is thick with the stench of decay and despair.

The buildings are made of worn and battered materials, patched up with whatever scraps the residents can find.

The citizens of the Undercloud are a mix of the desperate and the downtrodden. Many are refugees from wars and disasters in other parts of Navalon, while others are criminals and outcasts.

Despite its hardships, the Undercloud is still very active. Shops and stalls sell various goods, from questionable potions to stolen artifacts and weapons, while the taverns, bars, and brothels are always filled with patrons seeking to drown their sorrows in cheap booze and sex.

The Undercloud is ruled by powerful criminal gangs with codes of honor and justice, and the dragons who live there are often forced to join these gangs for protection and survival.

It's a dangerous place. However, with crime and violence becoming everyday occurrences, citizens started to adapt as best as possible.

Overall, the Undercloud is a bleak and unforgiving place where only the strong and cunning can hope to survive. The dragons who call it home may dream of one day ascending to the heights of the noble district, but for now, they must make do with what little they have in this dark and dangerous corner of Skyhaven.

No wonder so many latched onto the hope of a new dragon god being born. It was the only reason they looked forward to living the next day, despite their poor living conditions and exhausted mental states.

They were true worshippers of the next dragon god, even though they had no idea of his origin or element since the average commoner wasn't told much.

Only the strongest gangs in the cloud had information regarding Khaos's existence, as it was hidden from everyone who wasn't their own.

Unfortunately, they were fiercely loyal to a being they had no business worshipping with such weak resolve.

Would they be punished or rewarded for their half-hearted devotion? 

There are only two choices… They will either follow Khaos until their death or continue living like peasants.

The choice is left for them to decide.

0