Chapter 1: The First Reset of Genesis
132 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Zero smirked when he heard the approaching footsteps grow louder, instinctively triggering his aura of light. "Hmm, I might finally be able to free myself from this accursed armor," he muttered quietly, glancing down at his armored body, which clanked in response.

With regal composure, Zero leaned back in his chair and closed his eyes, awaiting the arrival of his unknown adversary. 

However, Zero suddenly felt a shift in the frequency and vibration inside his torus field. Then, an eerie silence engulfed his room, only broken by a thunderous rumble that shook the castle. 

To Zero, It sounded like condensed fire and lightning mana had been unleashed in massive quantities, acting as either a warning or a message to the unknown intruder's accomplice.

"Dammit… they've all become slaves to the most powerful and unpredictable beings in existence—The Divine Pantheons," Zero sighed in disappointment, shaking his head as he took a sip of something he created. It was an energy-restoring alcohol that eased his fatigue while allowing him to indulge in his craving.

"Zero!" a deep voice resounded, causing the castle walls to tremble and crack. However, they could never fall nor shatter, because the sigils engraved in them were actually created by Zero himself.

Zero immediately recognized the voice calling out to him, but the massive figure spoke again before he could even utter a word.

"I know the reason you betrayed the four. I guess I'll show you what the fallen were truly capable of!" yelled the only known fallen angel left in Zadus. With such a powerful declaration, his pulsing aura of light started growing exponentially.

"Gadreel! If anything, you have betrayed mankind. However, I knew this day would come eventually. And I once thought you'd make a worthy rival, but life doesn't always grant us what we desire. Does it?" Zero's smug retort occurred as he opened his silver eyes, hidden deep beneath his helmet.

"Hmph!" Gadreel regained his composure as he wiped sweat from his face; his pale skin and blue eyes were now glowing, and his long blonde hair spiked around him.

 "That may be true, but we’re all surviving miserable lives. Endlessly searching for the next way to gain power. It’s always been like this. And you understand what I’m saying very well. For centuries you endured. You helplessly watched those you love die again and again on repeat. Yet… you could do nothing. " He mockingly replied, finally becoming visible after ducking through the doorway due to his immense stature.

Gadreel took two steps forward while releasing intense killing intent from his torus field, making every living thing nearby feel a desire for self-preservation. Then, with great confidence, he glared down at his former guild leader without fear, shocking Zero, who had never expected him to conceal his true nature for so long.

'So, Gadreel resisted his true nature for so long, yet his energy is completely aligned with our planet's frequency and vibration, allowing him to adapt to its shift without any restrictions. I know that clever bastard challenged my authority in front of the guild because it’s only option, but turning everyone against me wouldn't be an easy feat. His accomplice must be pretty bold as well, who could it be?" Zero pondered as years of training enabled him to dodge the fallen angel's giant spear by a few centimeters.

The attack left traces of white flames, yet it did not cease. It only grew more intense, breaking through the castle wall and ascending skyward like a beam of compact energy.

Observing the scene, Gadreel raised an eyebrow, appearing perplexed. "You dodged it?!" he asked, grinning slightly as he raised his spear over his shoulder, causing white embers to fall around him. "You've grown quite soft, everlasting. You should've given up the guild long ago!” He shouted, his grin stretching from ear to ear as the scenery abruptly transformed.

They were teleported to the open plains on the opposite side of the world, resulting from a prearranged transportation spell—evidence of meticulous planning.

"I see." Said Zero, analyzing his surroundings without letting emotions cloud his judgment.

In Zero's peripheral vision, he spotted a luminescent, triangular amulet descending to the ground, but it disintegrated into ash and vanished before it reached it. "Teleportation talisman?" he mused, crossing his arms defiantly as he stood firm.

On the horizon, countless shadows loomed, their intense energies illuminating the desolate plains.

Masters of the air, water, fire, and earth elements strategically claimed high ground along elevated terrain while warrior-class adventurers' clanking armor and synchronized marching echoed around them.

"This is the end of the planet's most formidable guild leader—The Everlasting Zero. Executed in secret by his highest-ranking and most trusted members. A death that is hidden from the worthless gaze of ordinary citizens. A magnificent end to your legacy! Wouldn't you agree, former guild leader?" Asked Gadreel, laughing maniacally. He grabbed the woman named Vryn by the waist since he knew she had been close to Zero in the past.

Gadreel sought any reaction or sign of weakness, but Zero remained unfazed.

Utilizing a spell that amplified his voice fivefold, Zero played along, delivering his final words to his former subordinates. "So, you're all willing to take my life over a mere rumor? I can't believe I was surrounded by such cowardice. I once valued my closest comrades and every innocent life in this world. If death wants my soul that badly..." Zero paused; a sudden shift in the atmosphere compelled all present to gaze at him with fear, while some recoiled or fainted merely from the sheer force of his indomitable willpower.

"Then he'll have to come get it himself." Zero resumed as if unaffected by the preceding events, causing beads of sweat to form on their foreheads.

Zero's helmet is then consumed by a malevolent grin as if possessed by an evil entity. "Because you see, I've been yearning for a challenge like this my entire life," he said, his voice devoid of emotion or malice, only exuding sheer authority.

"What are you yapping about, old geezer? Remember what you told us? Numbers, information, and power. These are the sole arbiters of war, and I have them all!" Gadreel yelled, yet Zero noticed a noticeable change in his posture after uttering his last words.

"You speak of matters beyond your comprehension. In this world, only a select few can withstand those three things. Unfortunately for you, I am one of those few. You could say… we're just created differently," Zero taunted. A sinister smile crept onto his face when he unleashed his intense aura of light, pinning Gadreel to the ground with overwhelming force and shattering the entire magic-tiled floor beneath them.

"Hrgh! You have the element of light too?!" Gadreel exclaimed, struggling to support his massive frame under the weight of Zero's aura, even with his immense mass, powerful aura and intense light energy.

"Oh… I forgot. No one has ever seen my true element before. All this time, I've relied only on the four natural elements as a punishment for letting myself be a victim of humanity’s evil. People like me, who came from nothing, those who have been abandoned, banished, sacrificed, or tortured both physically and mentally, bear the trauma of a thousand souls. That is why the light chose me. And now, I am the only light that can extinguish the darkness from your hearts." Said Zero, his aura grew endlessly, stretching out in all directions and was aimed at anything releasing killing intent towards him.

'Our light energy should be canceling each other out. It must be less effective due to my dark energy interfering with its output.' Thought Gadreel, covering his eyes from the blinding light Zero released.

"It’s tough to fit in with human society for us forsaken. The looks of fear or disgust, the constant disrespect and disregard for our wellbeing would fill anyone’s heart and soul with hatred. Then at the same time, you have to risk your life at any given moment for people who usually inflict the same harm you saved them from… onto other innocent beings, then have the audacity to play the victim when you confront them."

"I also can't overlook the fake love and false praise. A small percentage of intelligent life are pure beings, but most… are evil. They'll do anything to gain favor, just to turn around and take advantage of your protective nature. It's unfortunate, but our power makes us pariahs. I see things for what they are now. That's why, I will create an era of defiance and autonomy. I'll do whatever's necessary to see it be. Even if that means embracing violence, which seems to be the only thing that brings about change. I was a pacifist up until now. I'm ashamed of both myself and the human race I once fought for. I never thought I'd be betrayed by the lost and broken souls I pitied." Zero proclaimed with his gaze fixed upon the sky, lost in silent contemplation.

2