Chapter 3: The Birth of Khaos
99 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the vast and complex multiverse of Zadus, a unique occurrence is on the horizon. Having been reincarnated, a primordial entity is poised to emerge and potentially alter the fabric of the expansive realm of Genesis.

The air was thick with the baby dragon's screams of agony as he was suddenly gripped by a suffocating pressure that seemed to squeeze the life from his soul.

The sensation continued for hours, defying all description and leaving him writhing in pain. His mind was also plagued by traumatic memories from his past life, constantly flashing inside his mind, but they were so fragmented that he couldn't even begin to process them.

'This place cannot be the afterlife, nor does it resemble any heaven, hell, or any other place of rest one would desire. This darkness is almost like an infinite void of solitude. While I should be alarmed, somehow, this feels familiar. It makes me feel at ease.'

'Hmm.' The baby dragon scrunched his hand, feeling the sharpness of his claws and the roughness of his skin. 'Am I some lizardman? Hopefully, it's similar to the draconic race.' Thought the baby dragon, unknowingly guessing his race correctly.

'I guess I'll have to wait and see, but it's gonna leave me on edge.' the baby dragon attempted to move only to realize his current weakness.

'I wonder if my bloodline will be a disadvantage in the face of stronger beings. Who knows what challenges the future holds?'

'The Primordial Dragon God System has now been activated!' boomed a sinister voice, startling him with surprise and panic, echoing throughout the infinite void within the baby dragon's mind.

As the baby dragon listened to the voice, it felt eerily familiar, resembling that of a demon king or an ancient race of monsters preparing to devour their prey. 

 ‘Eh...’ The infantile dragon muttered in disbelief.

‘Who's there?’ demanded the baby dragon, his telepathic voice laced with a hint of suspicion. He spoke firmly and with authority but tried to remain polite so as not to agitate the presence within his mind. 

'The Primordial Dragon God System? Have I become completely unhinged?' The baby dragon's lonliness caused him to question his mental state, and he began to ponder whether reality had ultimately caught up with him.

[Primordial Dragon God System]: 'You haven't, my lord.'

'I see. My apologies, but the name you mentioned is far too long. So I'll give you one as a replacement.'

'Leviathan... a creature born in purgatory. Yes, I'll call you Leviathan. What do you think?' the baby dragon proposed. His presence carried a regal air that caught the Primordial Dragon God System off guard.

[Leviathan]: 'You have given the Primordial dragon god system a name. With your blessing, I will be able to unlock complex evolution paths in the future. I genuinely thank you, my lord.'

'Huh? No problem… it's good to hear that you can evolve alongside me. We have much training to do.' Said the baby dragon, his curiosity piqued by the system's insinuation.

[Leviathan]: 'Yes… yes it is. I haven't been able to break through my limits for a few thousand years. Together, we should be able to change that.'

'I agree. But where exactly am I? I need some information about my birth planet.' Said the baby dragon. His voice was undisturbed, but his silence carried an unmistakable presence that Leviathan knew better than to disobey.

[Leviathan]: 'Analyzing Planet Signature… we currently reside in the multiverse of Zadus. You were born on a superior planet called Serenity. The average energy signature seems to be around 10,000. Would you like to initiate your evolution now?'

‘Zadus... Why does that name sound familiar? Regardless, the beings on this planet are far too weak to help me grow. Leviathan, go ahead, I'm ready.'

[Leviathan]: 'Initiating Evolution Sequence… Estimated time of completion: 1 Millennia'

The baby dragon yawned and instantly succumbed to sleep, plunging into a profound slumber that would last centuries.

‘That was unexpected. I'll have to move carefully from now on.’ Leviathan let out a weary sigh, then closed his eyes and delved into the depths of his soul dimension, which resembled purgatory itself.

After centuries of meditative practice in his preferred environment, he finally reached a distant dimension in the back pocket of a different realm.

Leviathan could do this because he had the power to transcend space and time, an ability unique to his race. Whether blessed or cursed by God, depending on your perspective, their incredible adaptability can negate any limitations other beings would have while traversing the cosmos.

After an eternity of flight, he arrived at the heart of the dimension. 

A shiver ran down Leviathan’s spine as he approached the place his mother had been sealed inside for billions of years. 

The atmosphere exuded an ominous aura, and a foreboding presence weighed heavily upon him. The oppressive pressure constricted his lungs, impeding his breathing, but that was not the worst. In his mother's presence, he was stripped of his ability to wield his elements or use his energy. That was the essence of her terror—rendering him utterly vulnerable.

'This place... Mother. I can sense her power,' Leviathan exclaimed. His eyes widened as his pupils underwent a subtle transformation.

It was as if the being before Leviathan erased all his pain and anger, granting him clarity of thought.

"How are you, young one? Have you met your big brother yet?" Asked the goddess of chaos. Her form is a magnificent amalgamation of a chaos dragon and a primordial goddess. Surrounded by violet lightning and thunder that echoed in the distance, her white halo was visible around her cosmic dragon horns, casting light on her Heterochromic eyes, while also revealing the ash and death-like aura that surrounded her.  

Upon hearing his mother's voice, Leviathan's lips curled into a slight grin. 

Leviathan bowed his head respectfully before responding, his words laced with confidence and certainty. "Given the dire circumstances, I would say I'm thriving. I've already met my brother, and his potential knows no bounds. He possesses the majesty of a deity, and he even granted me the name of my race. I believe he has the power to reshape everything." His words flowed with unwavering conviction, evoking a mischievous grin from the goddess of chaos—a smile that would send chills down the spines of any pantheon.

"Leviathan, you say? That's precisely what I needed to hear. I'll transfer his soul to Navalon soon. But before that, I must make his acquaintance, of course," the goddess of chaos remarked, her gaze distant yet filled with anticipation.

"What?! You can traverse realms?" Leviathan exclaimed, gaining a sudden burst of energy.

"Not exactly. I can only journey to places linked to my soul," she explained, her gentle voice calming Leviathan's astonishment.

"Then how will you find him?" Leviathan inquired sincerely, struggling to grasp how she could locate his brother with such constrained abilities.

"A valid question, but can you not sense it?" she asked, her lips curling into a malevolent smile.

"No. I can only see our shared soul dimension," Leviathan replied, shaking his head, but as he closed his eyes, attempting to meditate, he was jolted by a sudden realization that left him breathless.

Stretching across the soul realm, he was mesmerized as he gazed into the infinite expanse of dark gray miasma. It possessed a conscious existence, and the negating element it emitted was foreign to their multiverse. But what was even more terrifying was the fact that his brother's soul realm rivaled the gravitational force of one hundred supermassive black holes combined.

"Your brother's soul dimension is vastly dissimilar to ours. It exists as a separate realm, detached from reality. Even among primordial beings, he is an anomaly," the goddess revealed, leaving Leviathan on the brink of collapse, contemplating the abnormality that defined his brother's soul.

"Make sure to learn from him, understand? As you may have already surmised, my time draws near. I have been rapidly losing energy. I've reached the limit of how much my soul can handle. Thus, I have one final request I'd like you to hear, my son," the goddess of chaos implored, an unusual note of desperation tainted her words.

Leviathan's eyes widened, and his teeth ground together in an unadulterated rage. However, in honor of his mother's final plea, he slowly nodded, his ear tuned to her whispered words.

"This is your ultimate task from me. Only you, my youngest son, can fulfill it. I just wanted you to know that I've cherished our time together. Although I never had the chance to express it, I am proud of you, Leviathan. This new life of yours holds promise beyond my reach. So don't hold your older brother accountable, understand? For, as you proclaimed earlier, he will undoubtedly alter everything. I can sense it," the goddess whispered, vanishing from the dimension instantly, leaving her youngest son bewildered and confused.

Leviathan sat in silence for several minutes before he began digging his obsidian claws into his scales, drawing forth gray blood that trickled down his colossal forearms. "Tsk! We'll find out who's responsible for this... and make their lives an eternity of torment for what they've done to you!" He roared as his rage returned, causing his energy to surge instantly.

Leviathan's mind went blank, and then he obliterated countless kilometers of land with a beam of chaos energy, as if it were never even there, along with the beings inhabiting it.

After Leviathan had endured the trials of the mortal realm, this was nothing compared to the mass genocide inflicted upon his offspring.

With his head bowed, rain cascaded from the storm clouds he had conjured, forming a pool beneath him. As Leviathan peered into it, the reflection he saw staring back was unrecognizable. Hatred burned in his eyes—a previously foreign emotion now consumed his entire being. 

However, he couldn't deny the justification behind his actions.

Leviathan knew that he was doing what was right, and nothing could divert him from his path ever again. "They will pay for what they've done." His voice echoed throughout the dimension.

1