Chapter 9: Luzaria
31 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A serene azure sky prevailed.

The triumphant sunlight illuminated a kind of castle, a phenomenal construction, every brick in the monumental walls of the place exuding gracefulness.

An unknown place to mortals, who were not allowed to set foot there, not even in dreams.

The meeting point of the pillars of this era. A place at the highest point of the sky, the sacred realm of Luzaria.

Within these walls resided the home of those considered divine, beings who were praised and graced for their acts of protecting the people.

...

Well, not all.

"I've already understood, you old fool, you don't need to shout so loud in my ears," a man of youthful appearance was seen emerging from the golden gates of the castle, followed closely by an "old" man, his graying hair long, his skin wrinkled yet firm, his muscles still showing plenty of vitality after so much time.

"Listen here you incompetent! If it weren't for your lack of interest, I wouldn't be doing this!" the old man said venomously.

"Get yourself some followers, no matter how obscene and futile your character is, you must remember you still have golden blood!"

The youth turned with pure disdain in his gaze.

"Don't come at me with that futile or obscene talk you old rag! Your atrophied minds just can't keep up with the desires of humans."

"How dare you?!" The old man was red with anger, and as he furrowed his brow, he let out a heavy sigh.

"Argh... Look, I don't care what you're going to do, just get a follower or whatever, I don't want another one of the gods to waste away for no reason. The war took the lives of many of ours."

"There you go again with this war talk, wake up, it's been a millennium since that happened."

"A millennium may be much for a young god like you, but for a god of war like me, it's like days ago."

Sadness was apparent in the old man's voice, for him, born into war, everything seemed so recent, just a thousand years weren't enough for him to get used to the new era, to the loss of his fellow gods.

"Ugh!... Whatever! I'll find some lunatic in some forgotten corner, satisfied?"

"Better be."

Quickly turning, disgust was evident on the youth's face.

'How dare this old man banish me from the divine realm for such a petty reason?! I really prefer the world down there more than this place infested with grumpy old men, but that's no reason for him, damn it!'

He, who did as he pleased without anyone to complain, sank into gambling dens with drinks and prostitutes, the famous "king of the midnight" in the forbidden district of the kingdom of Falion, was prohibited from setting foot in the sacred realm without a follower.

'Whatever! There's nothing interesting there anyway! Mundane beings have always kept me entertained anyway!'

With quick steps, the young god soon reached the edges of the sky realm, a colossal pile of clouds, with a little effort you could observe the world below.

"Let's see... A place with people who know how to have fun..." The youth murmured as he pondered where to go.

"The kingdom of Thrux? No, the sacred order would come down hard on any of my acts, cursed be the good character of those people!"

He stood there for a few moments, rubbing his chin, perhaps this was the moment when he used his brain more than to take some lady to bed.

"Hmm... The good old kingdom of Falion then? I'm starting to get tired of the ladies in that district... Meh." He contemplated a little longer.

Where could he go to have fun? He had visited every place in that world where there was debauchery, so feeling something new might be difficult... How about trying something new?

With a kind of motivation never before seen in this scum of the gods, the young man began to observe random corners of Luzaria in search of something that could satisfy his thirst for new seas.

...?

Before he could make his decision, his sixth sense beeped, something that could be fun appeared in a distant forest in the corner of the continent.

'What an unexpected place for something to happen... Well, my instincts are telling me that something good is going to happen, so here we go!'

With a big leap, the young god moved to that forgotten forest in the corner of the world.


This view seems strange to me... But at the same time nostalgic. A verdant forest, the trees are of normal size and there is nothing shining... I guess two years really change someone's perception huh?

That being said, I'm not in the best mental condition one could be in, my eyes are swollen from lack of sleep mixed with the time I spent crying, my back is killing me from the time I spent lying on that stone floor.

After being pushed by Rudge, I found myself in a small dark room, the only thing keeping me company was a strange object that served as a portal.

I had all the time in the world to think about what happened, after a while the tremors stopped and everything calmed down, my mind went into shock and I stayed there until I felt a little hungry.

Then I got up and reflected on everything I went through, I remembered the necklaces that are now around my neck, the desires they carry. That being said, I slowly got up from my tactical position to cry and used the teleportation device.

An inspirational story right? I'm not so sure, I thought I would continue without any desire to act, but I couldn't stay there until I died of hunger, or try to end my own life, not while wearing these necklaces.

'Why does living have to be so complicated?' I thought as I sighed.

For now, what do I do? Wander around aimlessly? Sounds like a good idea.

With this first step, I begin my adventure with no sense at all in this unknown world!... Or not.

Before my right foot touched the ground, the whole world darkened, leaving only my body in this shadowy place.

"Um... Hello?"

It can't be that something goes wrong right at the beginning, right?...

"Hehehe!"

From some corner of the darkness, a malicious laugh resonates.

Within this dark space, the feeling that something is approaching hits me, a slight shiver runs down my spine, but I keep my expression as relaxed as possible.

"Hello, little human! What are you doing in this place?" A deep but still soft voice seems to echo from the depths of my mind.

"Uh, not much, just wandering around," I replied, trying to keep calm.

"Hehehe! I can feel something wrong with you! You're not okay, not at all, you're exhausted." His voice seemed to travel from ear to ear, but at the same time, it felt like it was speaking from inside my head, 'what a weird sensation.'

"No, I believe I'm quite fine, thank you. Can you let me go now?"

"Don't try to be strong, I can feel it from inside your heart, the pain of loss, the remorse of not being able to do anything!" Once again, that pompous laughter, it seemed to intensify more and more.

"...What are you talking about?" My mind took a hit upon hearing his words, what could he see of me?

"There's no use pretending to be ignorant, your heart is broken, and I can help you!"

"I don't need help, I need you to let me go."

"Do not be like this, my dear, I can give you what you desire, and then you can pursue what you long for!"

"...What do you want in return?"

"Hahahaha! You're smarter than you seem, aren't you?"

"Nothing in this world comes without a price."

Even without seeing anything, I could feel a smile forming on this entity's face as it heard my words, I never thought Silas's catchphrases would help me so soon.

"Well, for a small price, I'll turn your pathetic life upside down! You'll gain power!"

A red aura begins to run through my arms with his words.

"I'll give you wealth!"

In an instant, all the darkness was replaced by piles and piles of golden coins, mountains of gems and precious stones surrounded me.

"I'll fulfill your dirtiest desires that reside in your mind!"

Beautiful women appeared around me in the blink of an eye, their beauties were immeasurable, their bodies were slender, and their hair long and silky. They smiled seductively as they approached.

"And of course! All this for a small price!"

Everything that had appeared joined together in a whirlwind and formed into a black sphere in the palm of a hand.

"Come on, take it!"

Seeing that dark hand reaching out to me, offering such wealth with a simple handshake, I could only feel one thing...

"Huh?"

I felt nothing.

"What's wrong?"

"I'm not very interested in these things, you know?"

"What?! How come?"

Why do you seem so surprised?

"How can a man as young as you feel nothing with all that I presented to you!? Are you some kind of monk?"

"You didn't know what I wanted?"

"You weren't heartbroken after your girlfriend left you or something like that?"

"No?"

"Damn it! This technique worked on all those sad-looking kids walking around the city!" For some reason, I could still hear the entity's low murmurs.

"Ahem! I can give you what you desire! Just shake my hand!" With a cough, the pompous voice was back.

"You know you've lost all that imposing air, right?"

"Ugh!... Just shake my damn hand!"

"No, thank you."

For the first time in this place, I tried to move, and surprisingly, I managed to take a step forward. Maybe I can get out of here on foot?

"Wait! Come back here, damn it!"

It didn't take long for the darkness to dissipate and the verdant and illuminated forest to return to my sight, why didn't I try to walk before?

"Am I close to any city?" As I murmured, the darkness surrounded me again.

"Can you hear me?!"

"Can you please leave me alone?"

All that tension I felt at the beginning went down the drain.

"Don't you understand? Let me explain then! I AM A GOD!" With a triumphant tone, the voice exclaimed with splendor.

With a few steps, the view of this forest with beautiful shades of green and a lovely illumination appeared, only to disappear again. 'This is getting on my nerves.'

"Can you listen to me?!"

"Argh... Go ahead." With a bored expression, I let out a heavy sigh and replied.

"Ahem! As I was saying, I AM A GOD!" Once again, the voice was filled with pride and glory.

"You don't seem like a god to me."

"How not?"

"I don't think gods would make such suspicious deals."

"But that was normal? I'm far from being one of the gods who deceive you like that."

It seems that my knowledge of my possible past life won't be so useful after all.

"Anyway, I'm giving you the credibility of a god, so don't worry about being deceived!"

"I don't want it, thank you."

"Wait!" Before I could walk again, a hand grabbed me.

"Why are you so ignorant?! That's why I don't like dealing with children!"

"Then why are you still bothering me?"

"That... Um... I have my reasons!" 'Where's all that grandiose and pompous air from before?'

"Ugh... Okay, if you want me to consider your deal, appear before me and introduce yourself," with an exaggeratedly heavy sigh, I continued. "where have you seen a deal where the two parties don't meet?"

Suddenly, a handsome man of youthful appearance appears before my eyes. His eyes have a slight golden hue, his crimson hair is so long that it reaches his waist, his clothes are extravagant, full of golden details and small gems, several rings and other accessories cling to his slender body, his chocolate-colored skin seems to stand out even in this deep darkness.

"My name is Ezequiel, the god of lust! Pleasure to meet you," exclaimed the young man as he stretched out his arms in an exaggerated manner.

"Kyrth, pleasure."

'So dry!' That was what Ezequiel's expression seemed to show.

"Well, now that we've introduced ourselves, can you shake my hand?"

0