Chapter 11
148 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
I mistyped the stats of Ali (the krabby). The SPATK and SPDEF are in their proper places now.
Announcement
Thank you everyone who has commented, favorited, or even read this series. Your enjoyment, engagement, and kind comments are what keeps me motivated to continue this story.

See you all next week.

After that first tauros, my pokemon and I were more careful of the moves we used when battling. Storm also reminded me that tauros were non evolving pokemon, whereas all my non legendary pokemon were the first form of their evolutionary lines. This would make any tauros battles stacked against my pokemon due to the difference in stats, so instead we challenged ponyta, pidgey, spearow, and tailow.

The sun had set an hour before we finally entered Clearsky Town. Between earning Storm’s allegiance during lunch and the increased amount of pokemon available to battle on the last leg of our journey we had arrived well past when I had initially predicted. As we walked past the first building that belonged to the town proper, I used Identify on my pokemon and smiled.

Bagon (♂) (S)

1’ (0.3 m) 30.93 lbs. (14.03 kg)

Type: Fire

Nature: Gentle

Ability: Rock Head

Level 11

HP - 209

ATK - 154

DEF - 112

SPATK - 88

SPDEF - 77

SPD - 106

Weak to: Ground (I), Rock (I), Water (I)

Resistant to: Fighting (I), Bug (I), Steel (I), Fire (I), Grass (I), Ice (I), Fairy (I)

Learned Moves: Bite (J), Dragon Breath (N), Ember (C), Leer (C), Scratch (C), Twister(J)

Krabby (♂)

1’ 4” (0.4m) 14.3 lbs (6.5 kg)

Type: Water

Nature: Adamant

Ability: Shell Armor

Level 5

HP - 174

ATK -219

DEF - 172

SPATK -48

SPDEF - 54

SPD - 99

Weak to: Electric (I), Grass (I)

Resistant to: Fire (I), Ice (I), Steel (I), Water (I)

Learned Moves: Ancient Power (J), Harden (N), Leer (J), Water Gun (J)

Hoothoot (♂) (R) (S)

4’ 8” (1.4 m) 140.1 lbs (63.6 kg)

Type: Dark/Grass/Ghost

Nature: Gentle

Royal Nature: Gentle

Ability: Insomnia

Level 5

HP - 249

ATK - 65

DEF - 55

SPATK - 76

SPDEF - 135

SPD - 102

Weak to: Bug (I), Fairy (I), Fire (I), Flying (I), Ice (I)

Resistant to: Electric (I), Grass (I), Ground (I), Water (I)

Immune to: Fighting, Ground, Normal, Psychic

Moves Learned: Astonish (N), Growl (J), Mega Drain (J)

Latias (♀) (R)

9’ 2” (2.8m) 264.6 lbs (120 kg)

Type: Poison/Normal/Ice

Royal Nature: Modest

Ability: Levitate

Level 5

HP - 282

ATK - 143

DEF - 185

SPATK - 225

SPDEF - 252

SPD - 221

Weak to: Fighting (I), Fire (I), Ground (I), Psychic (I), Rock (I), Steel (I)

Resistant to: Bug (I), Fairy (I), Grass (I), Ice (I), Poison (I)

Immune to: Ghost

Moves Learned: Charm (J), Helping Hand (N), Smog (J)

Yasashi, Ali, and Mamoru had all gained three levels from the day while Storm gained two after lunch. Within those levels, they had also gained at least one move each. In addition to that, everyone increased their proficiency level in at least two moves.

“Alright Storm. I’m going to need to put you in your ball. In case your mentor didn’t tell you, bonded pokemon any bigger than a human are required to be in a Poke Ball at all times when in any settlement. The only exceptions are certified locations and buildings that are required to post said certificates at main entrances.”

Storm gave a chuff of understanding. I pulled out her ball and tapped the release button, located on the front, to her head. Her whole body glowed white before turning into a beam of light and entering the ball.

“I should probably put you in your ball as well, Mamoru. The biggest settlements, cities, only allow you to keep the pokemon you carry out whereas the smallest settlements, villages, allow anything human sized or smaller to roam with their trainers. Towns are between the two in both size and rules. It would probably be best to keep you away until I can learn the rules Clearsky has on bonded pokemon.”

Mamoru just nodded and allowed me to grab his ball and put him in it. I put his and Storm’s balls in my carrier before bending down and grabbing Yasashi and Ali. I scooped them up and swiftly deposited them on my shoulders, Ali on the left and Yasashi on the right.

“Before you two complain, you should know that small pokemon are expected to be carried by their trainers. A lot of young and small pokemon tend to be mischievous and this rule is meant to keep them from causing any damage.”

That got some grumbling and indignant snorts out of the two, but they understood well enough to not complain. We walked past a couple more buildings before running into someone in an officer’s uniform.

What appeared before me was a middle aged man with strong features and salt and pepper hair. Light stubble formed a shadow of a beard and mustache on his face. To his right stood an arcanine, its mane flowing as if brushed by a light wind. To his left was a tauros, still as a statue. Noticing my pokemon look up, I did as well and saw a noctowl making wide circles above. I decided to speak first because I had a question for him.

“Good evening Officer. Would you be able to direct me to the Pokecenter? I just arrived in this town and need to rent a room for the night.”

“Evening. Take the next left and go until you reach a much wider street. Take a right on it and travel a while. The center will be on your right. At this time of night, you should meet a journeyman level healer of the Joy clan. They’ll be able to heal anything less than a severe injury overnight after getting you set in a room.”

“Thank you very much. Have a good night.” He gave me a nod before speaking again.

“Crash here will guide you and introduce you to the healer.” His tauros gave a nod to him before the officer left with his remaining two pokemon. Crash gave a huff and began walking according to the directions their trainer gave me. A slight smile crossed my lips as I followed at a brisk pace.

If you catch any mistakes I make, please leave a comment and I will fix them asap. I will credit you down here.

The Hoothoot can't be weak to Fighting if it is immune to that type (@CronosLumin)

6