Chapter 13
115 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
I added that the pokecenter base floor has vaulted ceilings.

“You see, legendary trainers have delved into the realm of myth and, well, legend. Through trial and error, a higher source, or just pure dumb luck they managed to break the cap on pokemon that is level 100.

“Any pokemon below that point is considered normal or natural. Pokemon that pass level 100 are considered “mythical” pokemon. The reason for that is simple: it is difficult for a normal pokemon to even come near that level and practically impossible to break into the next level once at 100. It usually requires an unimaginable amount of effort and assistance from a trainer to make a new mythical pokemon.

“There are a few exceptions to this rule. The first and most common are legendaries, despite the minute proportion of pokemon that they make up.” I felt Storm’s wish to leave her ball and explain after that sentence, so I interrupted Terry with a question.

“Sorry to interrupt, but can I let my other two pokemon out of their balls? This is the first time they have been in them since I caught my pokemon. There is enough here for them.” Terry’s response was immediate.

“Of course. I’d need them out anyway if you wanted them registered.” I acknowledged that with a nod before releasing Mamoru and Storm from their balls. “Oh wow! A latias, and a royal one at that!

“And not just one royal pokemon, your hoothoot is royal as well! You even have a variant bagon! How can one person be this lucky? You just make the rest of us trainers look bad!” I could only chuckle awkwardly at that,

“Ha ha, yeah, I guess I am really lucky.”

“You guess? There is no doubt about it. This is the kind of lineup you might expect from an elite level trainer, not some unknown new register. If you didn’t have that latias, I’d even be worried for you. Some new trainer’s royal pokemon would be too good for any trafficker to pass up, even if said trainer had the challenger league’s full support and backing.”

“Is there some way I can ensure my safety and that of my pokemon?” As I spoke, I heard a clacking noise. It seemed that Terry had a computer and keyboard hidden behind the four foot (1.2 meter) tall counter we stood near.

“Way ahead of you. I am putting in an emergency request for Poke Ball optionality on your behalf. If your latias would join me over here they can record a short video giving vocal confirmation of legendary involvement. That way I can have it expedited and an answer ready for you in the morning.”

“And how would having an approval for Poke Ball optionality help keep me and my companions safe?”

“An approval would, at the very least, allow you to keep you latias out of their ball and next to you in every city. This would give you two layers of protection. One, people would know you have the approval of a legendary species and thus their protection, seeing as one of their young is by your side. Two, legendaries outclass a majority of all pokemon in terms of pure stats, even if they outclass the legendary in terms of level. Your latias would be able to hold out alone long enough for you to call on the rest of your team for assistance.

“With a legendary on your team making the request, I see no reason why you wouldn’t be approved for Poke Ball optionality. Now, if you could please say something along the lines of ‘I request approval for my Poke Ball optionality’ I can wrap this request up and send it in with your registration.”

Storm had flown over the counter by the time Terry had finished his explanation so he spoke directly to her. Storm gave a nod of acknowledgement and turned to the computer he was typing on to speak. “Need optionality. Protect Ben.” Terry spoke to her once more.

“Thank you very much. Now I just need to ask your trainer a few questions and I can send it in.” The clicking of his keyboard was the only sound for a pair of heartbeats before he began talking to me. “What kind of trainer do you want to be Ben?”

“A challenger. I want to beat the champion.” My pokemon nodded in approval at my firm and immediate answer.

“A promising path for a trainer with your team. I am also going to need to see your I.D. to get a few things. That will give me your legal name, appearance, place of birth, and legal record so that I can get them in the system.” I wordlessly grabbed the I.D. from my pocket and set it on the counter, where he turned it to face him and started typing.

“Alright, now that that’s out of the way I can get to the fun stuff. Can you tell me the names of your companions as well as their species, gender, and visual appearance?”

“Sure. First we have Yasashi, a male bagon with a silvery body and fiery blue shell. He also has a fiery blue belly and lower jaw. Next we have Ali, a male krabby with a standard appearance. Then we have Mamoru. He is a royal male hoothoot with a dark body and grey belly. His appendages are ghostly and facial markings are a deep green with a touch of silver. Finally we have Storm, my female royal latias. Her main body is white and has purple patterns on it. There are opaque, white crystals across her body and the horns on her head are silver.”

I spoke at a measured pace, so it took mere moments for Terry to speak once more. “And done. You are now officially registered as a badgeless challenger and the decision on your request for optionality has been expedited. Apparently the trainer league was informed by a mature latias to be expecting your appearance with one of their young. Their ruling will be available to you in the morning.”

If you catch any mistakes I make, please leave a comment and I will fix them asap. I will credit you down here.

6