Chapter 15
96 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Added that there was a number near the challenger level in the previous chapter.

“Of course sweety. Let me see your I.D. and I’ll have them brought out in a minute.” I set my card on the counter and she checked it against something on her computer before calling on one of the teens. “Anna, go in the back and get the balls on machine three please.”

“Yes Aunt Mary.” A light and lilting voice came out of the teen girl’s mouth before she turned to the door behind the counter. She returned a minute or two later with four Poke Balls and handed them to Mary and rushing to the machines on my far right. The nurse set the balls containing my pokemon on the counter next to her before speaking with a kind smile.

“Here are your four pokemon: a bagon, a krabby, a hoothoot, and a latias.” She moved each of the balls forward as she stated their occupant. “I see here that you also have a pending action on your account. It looks a response to an official request. Would you like me read it to you, or do you want to use one of the computers yourself?” I grabbed the balls and secured them on my belt before responding.

“I would like to read it myself please. How do I log into the computer and access it?” Mary visibly deflated a little at my statement but retained a professional smile as she answered.

“The I.D. number next to your name goes in as your username and the number next to your challenger level is your password. You will see a few different options you can explore later, but the one you will want to select will be a little flag with a glowing border. Select it and you will see all the government notifications you have yet to read. You’ll only have the one.”

“Thank you for the help Nurse Joy. Have a good day.” I gave her a nod before moving to a computer near the wall and signing in as she instructed me to. I selected the flag icon and saw the only notification in big, bold letters: Poke Ball Optionality Ruling. I opened it and skimmed through the legal jargon to find their decision.

“I’m going to need an endorsement added to my I.D.” I called Mary for some help before walking to meet her at the center of the counter. “I received approval for my latias to have Poke Ball optionality and the ruling states that I need to have the proper endorsement on the trainer section of my card before the ruling can be finalized.”

“Just set your I.D. here, and it will be done in a minute.” She tapped the counter between us while speaking without even looking up. I did as she asked and she grabbed the card a moment later before placing it in some hidden machine that began to work. Half a minute later she took my card out of the machine and looked up at me while handing back my I.D.

“Here you go. I sent in the confirmation of endorsement. You can now legally have your latias out in any city you enter, so long as it remains by your side. Congratulations on partnering with a legendary pokemon and good luck on your trainer journey.” Her kind and almost motherly smile had returned by this point, so I put on a small smile of my own.

“Thank you. I’ll go grab the rest of my stuff from my room before I check out.” I quickly turned and walked upstairs, using my room key to get back in the free room. I had forgotten about my quest rewards after waking up in a real bed and was excited just thinking about what I would get. I immediately locked the door behind me and sat on the bed, facing the nightstand with the rest of my items.

Navigating through system menus, I reached the quest to reach Clearsky Town and selected Collect Reward before a menu of all six growth items available, one for each stat, popped up and I was instructed to select one to receive. Seeing the options reminded me of my agreement with Yasashi to increase his attack and health. His training during battles had been focusing on raw power, so I chose the HP growth item, aptly called a HP Up. A canister with “HP” printed on it appeared in my hands and I set on the bedside table with my other possessions before quickly grabbing Yasashi’s pokeball and releasing him.

He was quite excited when he appeared from having a general sense of the area around his Poke Ball when in it. I used Identify on the newly created item to see if the skill would work. Much to my surprise, a column of text appeared before me.

HP Up

Level 5 Item

Increase [HP] stat of affected pokemon by [5%] when used

I quickly picked up the item and sprayed it on my eagerly awaiting pokemon, using Identify as soon as the mist settled.

Bagon (♂) (S)

1’ (0.3 m) 30.93 lbs. (14.03 kg)

Type: Fire

Nature: Gentle

Ability: Rock Head

Level 11

HP - 220

ATK - 154

DEF - 112

SPATK - 88

SPDEF - 77

SPD - 106

Weak to: Ground (I), Rock (I), Water (I)

Resistant to: Fighting (I), Bug (I), Steel (I), Fire (I), Grass (I), Ice (I), Fairy (I)

Learned Moves: Bite (J), Dragon Breath (N), Ember (C), Leer (C), Scratch (C), Twister(J)

A genuine smile broke out across my face as I saw the double digit increase in his HP stat. Some quick mental math told me that the level five HP Up had given him a five percent boost, and I was happy for it.

“There you go buddy. After I redeem the final quest to level you, we can go look for a general goods store and a pokemon specialized store to get me a backpack find more growth items, among other things. Now, let’s see what the random wheels have in store for us today.”

Spoiler

Those of you with sharp eyes might notice that Yasashi's attack stat increased by two.

I noticed that I forgot to account for the stat modifier he should have gained at level ten. I went back and changed the number in chapter eleven to fix it.

[collapse]
If you catch any mistakes I make, please leave a comment and I will fix them asap. I will credit you down here.

@Alexeander attack and heath health

4