Chapter 19
265 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Have a good weekend.

Selecting New, I saw a line of text and two options appear. It would seem I needed to make a choice.

Choose [1 of 2]

Main Quest [Training Path]

Quest: Teach 5 New Trainers

Duration: N/A

Reward: 3x Random Ticket

Accept / Reject

Main Quest [Champion Path]

Quest: Win 1 Gym Badge

Duration: N/A

Reward: 3x Random Ticket

Accept / Reject

Though there were two options, there was only one I was interested in. Without hesitation, I selected Accept on the [Champion Path], and, immediately, after the other option disappeared completely.

Confused but ultimately nonplussed, I exited the menu and pulled out my Pokephone. Opening the map function, I searched for the gym locations. A quick search taught me that the six gyms of this region had water, grass, fire, flying, normal, and steel specialities. The closest one to my location was the normal type gym in the city of Orandale, over 330 miles (over 530 kilometers) away.

Taking into account the time lost to battles, it would take a minimum of eleven days to travel from Clearsky Town to Orandale City on foot. If I was going to be away from civilization for that long, I needed to have more medicine. And, for that I needed more money.

Based on the ease of my first teaching quest from the pokecenter, I decided to complete all they had. Looking over the quest board, I counted twelve more teaching quests before looking further into them to find the details. Nine of them were just for general training, and the other three each had different requirements. I was able to fill the requirements of two of the more stringent requests thanks to Ali being a water type and Storm having a high enough defense stat to pass as a normal pokemon with a defensive specialization.

Grabbing the eleven training quests I was qualified for, I walked up to the counter once more to accept them. Seeing that the teens were busy, I looked for their instructor. Once I found her, I called out.

“Nurse Joy, would you be able to register me for these missions and help set up a meeting time for their completion? Also, I will need to rent a room, though the duration will depend on how quickly I can get my missions done.” To show her what I was talking about, I held up the bunch of papers I had grabbed from the board before setting them on the counter before me.

“Sure sweety. Let me take a look at what you got and we can go from there.” She walked over from her position near the door to the back and came to stand before me at the counter. Grabbing the papers off the counter, she flipped through them rather quickly before she spoke again.

“Alright, normally you wouldn’t be allowed to take more than two or three quests at a time due to both time constraints for most quests and the demand from trainers for the easy instructing quests. I would know, I worked in Orandale before I moved here. Lucky for you, I can bend the rules.

“Most of these quests with general requirements are repostable, meaning the people want more than one person to accept them and train their child. For those ones, I won’t even bother to mark them as accepted until the people show up for your training. With the others, the slowness our town is going through right now will work to your advantage. It gives me just enough leeway to register you for all the one time quests here without making me give you an official warning for trying to take all the easy quests.”

“Thanks for that Nurse Joy. By the way, you said you came here from Orandale, right? I plan to go there after finishing these missions. Do you have any advice or information you could give me about the city?” She nodded ot me in acknowledgement before holding up a finger and picking up the phone to call the number on the quest at the top of my pile.

Over the next hour or so she answered my questions in between her calls to the quest contractors. She gave me the names of a couple of good restaurants to eat at if I wanted to treat myself or if I just wanted something different after eating campfire soup my entire travel time. She also told me about the the general goods and pokemon item shops that she had been to, which ones were good and which ones were not.

We finished around lunch time and I thanked her for getting them all in as soon as possible. She had managed to get two of the sessions in today, one an hour from now and the other a couple hours after that. The other nine were scheduled for the next two days. With that all settled I turned to paying for a room.

I requested the use of a room for three nights and immediately paid P$100 for the first night. As I was about to grab more money from my pocket to pay for the rest, she interrupted me.

“You know, you could just have me take the charge out of your earnings today and tomorrow. Since you already paid the P$100, you can just have me take the P$200 you would earn from the two requests today and use it to cover the rest of your stay.” Noticing that I only had P$175 of the P$200 I would need to pay it all now, I reluctantly accepted her offer before saying goodbye and leaving the pokecenter.

With my next few days planned out, I walked back to the general goods store I visited earlier in the morning and bought some meat, bread, and both herbivore and carnivore pokemon feed. I took it all back to the pokecenter and up to the room I just rented before putting it in the fridge. I quickly fixed my pokemon some lunch and myself a sandwich before we ate and returned to the field behind the pokecenter to wait for our second trainee of the day.

If you catch any mistakes I make, please leave a comment and I will fix them asap. I will credit you down here.

5