Chapter 2 – New World
493 2 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you want to read up to 20 chapters ahead, go to:

https://www.patreon.com/proxymus

----------------------------------------------------

As I slowly opened my eyes, I saw the silhouette of a face with very white skin and hair, but everything was still too blurry.

'Have I really been reborn?' I wondered, still not believing it, because minutes ago I had believed that I would live a lonely life until my end. 'Or does all this mean that at that time I died...?'

In my past life, I was a Cultivator who spent thousands of years cultivating until I finally reached the pinnacle, the Realm of the Divine. However, when I returned from my long exile, all of humanity on Earth had been completely wiped out and so I began to live in a lonely world. 

Despite this, I had lived a very long life and thought I had experienced everything, but at that moment, as my vision gradually became clearer, my heart began to race for some reason. At the time, I still didn't understand, because it had been ages since I'd last felt anything like it, but what I was feeling was excitement, the simplest feeling of euphoria.

After a few moments, in which all I could hear was my own panting, I finally heard a voice in a language I didn't understand.

"Kare wa nakimasendeshita ka?" A female voice began.

"Fuan ni naranai de, kore wa tsumi ni naranai kodomo ni totte wa futsū desu, to omou nodesu." A man replied.

'Is that a language? I haven't heard an unknown language for a long time. Have I been reincarnated in a lower world?" I thought.

When my baby eyes finally adapted to the bright light, I could see two people staring at me. A man and a woman.

The woman had medium-length hair, white as snow and shining like moonlight, and her eyes were so big that they matched the redness of her cheeks perfectly. She was smiling and her eyes twinkled as she looked at the cute little boy in her arms - in other words, me.

The man, on the other hand, was not as handsome as the woman. He had curly hair, wore glasses and was smiling too, a smile that widened even more when he realized I was looking at him.

"Naze kon'na toki ni ōrumaito no mane o suru no ka? Hahaha!" The woman said, bursting into laughter as she looked at the man, who also started laughing.

At that moment, I finally realized. Yes, those were my parents.

'What's that feeling?' I asked myself, my heart still racing, but with a strange sensation.

The feeling was tiredness and it was pulling my eyelids down. I'd felt it before, but it had been so long. A few moments later, I inevitably fell asleep in my mother's arms. My body still didn't have enough strength to keep me conscious for long.

*

Days have passed, every day I've started to discover more things about where I am, but nothing so relevant yet. The most important thing I learned was my name: Yudi.

My parents always repeat the same word while looking at me, so it wasn't hard to come to that conclusion, and I remember the goddess saying something similar before I was reincarnated. 

Although Yudi is an unconventional name for my customs, I like it, mainly because of the way the word is spoken in this language.

In my new home, I don't have much freedom to do many things, nor do I have much energy. My fat legs and arms are difficult to move and every time I do, I feel my blood vessels stirring, which makes me want to cry, so my parents come and take me into their arms.

'I think my body is still adapting to the world outside my mother's belly,' I concluded. 

Thus, I began to live a long cycle. I would try to get up to explore the new world, but that tired me out and when I did, I would lie in my bed and sleep for long hours. In the first month, I went beyond the walls of my room only a few times. 

So when I finally managed to stabilize my spine enough to sit up, I made an effort to put my two hands together and concentrate my IQ. I needed to strengthen my body as quickly as possible. However, just as I was about to start, I remembered that at this age and with such a young body, if I misplaced one line in the tangle of spiritual lines that make up my being, the chances of me exploding were high.

So I sighed and gave up on using Cultivation for the time being. I would still have to wait a little longer. The risks were greater than the rewards, and for someone who had waited thousands of years for death, waiting a few months to be able to walk was no big deal.

Nevertheless, as the weeks went by, the world inside my parents' small apartment was gradually taking shape. What's more, I wasn't bored, because as conversations between my parents were frequent, I was beginning to recognize some words, although I couldn't understand their exact meaning. There were also several strange machines that I had never seen before in this place.

'Hmm! What's this?" I asked myself with a television remote in my hand.

And in that random minute, everything began to change and my little world was turned upside down.

「You've analyzed an item... Initializing Quirk 'System'. Stand by... 」

A screen appeared in front of my eyes. This thing was transparent and didn't look solid - I checked, trying to reach through it with my chubby fingers, but I was touching it. 

Obviously, I let out a sigh of surprise, and my mother, who was folding some clothes next door, smiled back at me and carried on doing her job, which meant she couldn't see what I was seeing.

I carefully read the message, which was surprisingly in my old language, and asked: 

'What is system? And what is Quirk?

「System initialized」

「Installing first features」

「Do you want to accept the Terms of Contract? If you accept, you will be able to see all the features of the system. 」

I saw a sea of letters before my eyes.

'This is something from that Goddess, isn't it?' I put a hand to my chin, as was my old custom, and thought: 'I'm a God too. Should someone like me read these things? Nah! It would be a waste of time.

With my right index finger, I clicked ACCEPT without much thought. Not even contracts with demons could affect me, so there was nothing to worry about.

「Terms of Contract accepted... 」

「 Starting Item Analysis...」

「Item: Remote Control

Description: A device used to remotely control a device called a television. Its maximum range is 10 meters.」

24