Chapter 4 – One Year Old
335 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you want to read up to 20 chapters ahead, go to:

https://www.patreon.com/proxymus

----------------------------------------------------

At one year old, I finally passed the Training Realm and reached the Qi Realm. 

This was a little quicker than I expected, but it wasn't surprising. Unlike the first time I started cultivating, now I knew the best way to do it and in this world there is plenty of spiritual energy. 

On the other hand, while I was making a lot of progress with my Quirk and Cultivation, I was increasingly surprised by this one. 

When the goddess said that I would be reincarnated in a world of heroes, I expected a world with Legendary Cultivators, after all that was my vision of heroes, but it was nowhere near what I expected. Adults in strange and different clothes everywhere saving people, stopping crimes and helping in disasters was this society's vision of heroes. In this way, everyone looked up to them, and being a hero was something every child dreamed of becoming one day.

Well, I could understand how they had so many fans, because of all the heroism and their actions, but honestly, most of them were too weak. Someone in the Qi Realm, like me, could probably defeat several of them together.

However, the dangers in this world weren't so great either and most of the heroes managed to control their Quirks well, so there was no reason to worry about strength or weakness yet, there were too many things to explore. 

Among these many things, I particularly loved going to the supermarket with my mother, because there was always so much to see and that included Pudding!

In my old world, there were sweet foods, but they were nothing compared to those produced in this world, such as muffins, which were cute and simply spectacular, because each bite was like an explosion of flavors and each one seemed different from the other. Of course, I couldn't forget chocolate either, which is like a magical alchemical food that restores all my energy. 

However, of all the almost endless options of sweets, the best of them all was definitely pudding. Its gelatinous consistency and smooth, velvety texture made it a true culinary masterpiece. Each spoonful of pudding melted easily in my mouth with just a few teeth, filling me with indescribable happiness. It was as if all my senses were dancing in harmony whenever I tasted this delight.

My mother knew how much I loved pudding, so she would often take me to the supermarket to personally choose a new variation. As I gazed at the shelf, I felt I could spend hours analyzing the labels, looking for the perfect pudding that would give me the most satisfying experience, and for me this was like a small pleasure in the midst of my hard training, but as I was just a baby, I knew it would be strange to see a baby reading labels, so I usually only had a few seconds to choose what looked best and point my fat index finger.

There was the classic vanilla pudding, with its golden color and sweet aroma, which was always a safe choice. Next to it, there was the butterscotch pudding, with its coating of melted sugar that turned into a golden, sticky liquid. There was also the chocolate pudding, dark and tempting, with chunks of dark chocolate sprinkled on top, and so many other options that drove me almost crazy.

Argh! At times like this I wish I was already in the Celestial Kingdom and could dilate space-time!" I thought.

When I finally decided, my eyes sparkled with excitement as I stretched out my chubby arm towards the puddings.

My mother smiled, understanding the importance of my decision, and helped me point to the chocolate pudding. "Do you want to try this one this time?" Fuyumi asked.

It was a bold choice for a baby, but I was already theorizing about what such a wonder would taste like. If chocolate was good enough on its own, imagine it with pudding.

With the chocolate pudding carefully chosen, my mother put it in the shopping cart, and I smiled happily, feeling satisfied with my decision. 

While I was immersed in the excitement of finally having chosen my chocolate pudding, something unexpected happened. My mother was absent-mindedly looking at the shopping list when she almost bumped into a man with curly green hair who was holding a basket in one hand and a child in the other. Their eyes met briefly, and at the same time a feeling of familiarity came over me, as if I recognized him from somewhere.

"Izuku?" my mother asked, surprised to see how the man looked, as if trying to confirm who he really was.

The man's eyes lit up in recognition when he saw my mother. "Fuyumi? Is that you?" he said, also sounding surprised. "You look so different from last time that I almost didn't recognize you!"

"Wow, it really has been a while!" She replied and then put her hands to her mouth, then whispered: "Sorry, I said your name so loud... Is it okay if people realize you're here?"

'Izuku? Who's Izuku?' I asked myself and after a few moments, while my mother was talking to the man, I finally recognized him, but not by his real name but by his smile. 'Isn't that the hero I saw on TV? Deku, Japan's number one?

Obviously, I was very surprised. It wasn't every day that I got out of the house, so accidentally bumping into the strongest person in the nation I lived in was quite a coincidence. What's more, my mother seemed to know him intimately.

"Is that your son?" Izuku asked, looking at me with interest. 

"Yes, his name is Yudi and he turned a year old last weekend."

"It's a nice name and he's a very cute baby! Congratulations!"

"Cute baby? Respect me, I'm a God!" I replied, but the words that came out of my mouth weren't even close to making sense to him. 

"Ohh! What a surprise, for a one year old he's very communicative! I'm sure he'll be talking soon!" Izuku said. "Yoichi's shy, so I think it'll take him a while to start talking, even though he's a year and three months old." He slightly lifted the boy who was clinging to his right arm.

"Hello, Yoichi! How you've grown since I last saw you!" My mother tried to catch the eye of the green-haired boy, who clung even tighter to his father's arm. "I don't think he remembers me, of course not..." She continued, a little shy and frustrated.

Izuku realized that Fuyumi was embarrassed and quickly tried to change the subject. "And how is Shoto? I haven't spoken to him since he moved to America, hehe!"

"Shoto?" My mother put a hand to the right side of her cheek and sighed. "Sigh... You know how committed he is to his job and this World Ranks thing has only made him more determined."

The green-haired man laughed out loud. "Then I'm not worried, because that means he hasn't changed at all. I hope to see you soon, see you Fuyumi!" He said, waving goodbye.

At that moment, when Izuku turned away and so did my mother, I was finally able to see the face of Yoichi, the son of the number one hero. His eyes were deep green and full of intensity, but I wasn't worried, because he had the stupid look of a baby. For some reason, I was worried that he wasn't a single reincarnate, but it seemed that this was an unnecessary concern.

20