Chapter 8 – Bullies
232 2 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you want to read up to 20 chapters ahead, go to:

https://www.patreon.com/proxymus

----------------------------------------------------

The leader of the older boys stared at us with a defiant expression, his blades glinting dangerously in front of us. He had shaggy blond hair, slightly sharp teeth and a black T-shirt with a skull on it. He looked like the kind of boy in his early teens, a bit of a rebel.

The boys next to me recoiled at the threat, clearly intimidated by the group's presence. However, I remained unfazed, maintaining my posture as I analyzed the situation.

"S-sorry, we didn't k-know you were here today, Gen." replied one of the boys next to me, trying to defuse the tension in the air. He was Saito, a skinny boy with an idiot's face whose only Quirkwas to stretch his fingers a little.

Gen, the leader of the older boys, laughed sarcastically, his eyes fixed on me. "You think? More like a bunch of intruders trying to invade our territory. Didn't you learn your lesson last time?"

The boys began to get even more nervous, and seeing this I took a deep breath and decided to intervene. No matter how I looked at the situation, I knew it was my responsibility to act, as it was because of me that these boys had entered the forest.

So, stepping in front of my friends, I took the lead of the group, as the leader. 

"We don't want to cause trouble. They just want to show me their hiding place, so if you can find somewhere else to play."

The older boys exchanged glances, clearly debating internally what to do next. Then the leader let out an ironic laugh.

"And who are you, brat?" The leader asked.

I bowed slightly, as was the practice in my old world, and said: 

"Nice to meet you, my name is Yudi Todoroki." However, in the meantime my thought was: 'I'm only bowing my head so formally because you're older and my parents taught me that I should always respect older people, so feel grateful that a god like me does that."

Despite my gesture, the boys seemed to get irritated and annoyed. 

"Does this boy think we're joking?" Another boy, shorter and with hair streaked with electricity, said, crossing his arms.

"Is he making fun of us?"

"Urgh... He's so weird."

Gen's gaze suddenly changed. His eyes narrowed as he appraised me from head to toe and he said:

"Yudi Todoroki, huh?" Gen repeated my name, savoring it as if he were tasting something unpleasant. "Todoroki... Are you related to that hero Endeavor?" He asked and immediately looked at his friends laughing, as if he were mocking them.

The boys behind me finally made the same connection as Gen had, of my name with the hero Shoto and also with the hero Todoroki, the first hero number after Allmight.

However, I didn't answer, I just looked away. Answering the truth could get me out of this situation, but I had no interest in using my surname as a benefit or support.

The boys stopped laughing and looked at me, but they didn't even wait for an answer.

"Well, Todoroki or not, it's clear that you need a lesson. Before, you had two options: leave or face the consequences, but I didn't like this new kid, he needs to learn to respect us."

Remaining calm, I replied firmly: "There's no need for that, we're leaving."

Gen frowned, looking even more irritated by my response, and by the fact that I had turned my back on him. The other boys around reacted as if this were an affront. And so, before we could retreat, one of the older boys, the one with the electric hair, suddenly stepped forward. His eyes glowed with a spark of electricity, and before we could react, he launched a bolt of lightning in our direction.

Once again, I sighed - why were children so impatient? 

Instinctively, I used my spiritual energy to create an ice barrier to protect me and my friends from the electrical attack. The boy didn't have much control of his own Quirk, so the lightning split into three, but even that wasn't enough to crack the ice I had generated.

"You asked for it..." said the electric boy, with a mischievous smile crossing his face, while the area was still filled with smoke.

However, a few moments later, the ice barrier finally revealed itself, shocking the older boys.

"What? A barrier of... ice?" Gen was surprised and took a step back.

The barrier crumbled, revealing my nonchalant countenance with my right hand extended forward, and my friends lying on the ground, just as surprised as the others.

Looking at Gen, I kept my voice steady. "You're making a mistake. We don't want to fight, but we're not going to get hit either."

The leader of the older boys considered my words for a moment, his eyes wide. 

"He really is a Todoroki!" The boy with the Quirkof electricity exclaimed.

"That hair... I knew it was too much of a coincidence to ignore..." Another said.

In appearance I was very similar to my father, but my hair was totally like my mother's, white as the purest snow, and my eyes were also the same color as most Todoroki, intense blue like blazing fire.

Gen clicked his tongue. "The hero Shoto has no children, I'm sure it's just a coincidence. You want to see how right I am?" 

Then Gen stretched his hands forward and out of his fingers came blades, which grew to an astonishing volume and speed.

The boy with the electric Quirk, still recovering from his surprise, shouted to the others: "Come on, guys, show him what we're capable of!"

The other boys started running towards us. One of them had shadowy wings forming on his back, while another created spheres with mouths around his hands. It was a real display of Quirk, and it was clear that they were not to be trifled with.

Without a moment's hesitation, I used my ice magic to create a thin layer of ice on the ground, making it slippery. The older boys, focused on attacking us, didn't notice the change in terrain and with a quick gesture I moved backwards, sliding the fallen boys behind me away to protect them. 

Gen, however, seemed to get angrier and increased the formation speed of his blades. I knew I had to act quickly. I stretched my hand forward and a wall of ice instantly rose up, blocking and trapping his blades. Suddenly, the balls with mouths of one of the boys began to eat away at the wall, tearing it apart, but by the time the wall naturally crumbled, I was gone.

"Where did he..." Gen wondered and suddenly he felt a strange sensation coming from below. It was me, with a hand in my pocket and a disdainful look on my face.

"Why don't we stop this now?" I proposed, looking at Gen. "Otherwise, you'll regret it."

Gen gritted his teeth and moved an inch, then I closed one of my mother's fingers and he felt a pressure so strong in his belly that not even the punch of a super-strong adult could cause it. He flew backwards hard, hitting a tree hard. His Quirkdisappeared at the same time as his consciousness wavered.

 

19