Chapter 53 – Night of the ball [4]
547 5 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you like my work and want to support me, consider checking out my Patreon. Besides several chapters ahead of the public, you will also be helping me get closer to my dream of being a full-time writer.

Now is the best time to become a Patreon since it is the beginning of the month.

(Sara, we need to focus. They're approaching again) exclaimed Prime, his voice sounding urgent.

Hearing this, Sara quickly nodded and turned her gaze to the ceiling, where Magneto floated, observing her alongside Prime. Despite having just gotten rid of Victor, he seemed to be back in the fray, his expression now even more wild than before.

(This is not good. We're at a disadvantage here, and I doubt they care about the teenagers' lives)

Listening to Prime's words, Sara had to agree. She also didn't believe these men would spare innocents. If that were the case, they wouldn't attack her while a ball was happening; they'd probably lure her to a secluded place or attempt to kidnap her.

Moreover, the kids seemed confused by the whole situation and still watched the scene with curious looks. Sara and Prime didn't know why, but the kids didn't show any intention to flee to save their lives, unless something forced them to act that way, and that was precisely what they wanted to avoid.

"First, let's try to neutralize at least one of them definitively"

Saying these words, Sara and Prime prepared themselves, feeling their bodies pushed to the limit. Although they had discovered this new feature just a few days before, it seemed like now was the time for a closer test of what they would be capable of.

Shortly after, Sara and Prime disappeared from where they were, surprising everyone, including Magneto. Suddenly, a blur passed beside Magneto, and after that, it vanished along with Victor.

Sara and Prime had grabbed him, and now, in the air, after confirming that there was no one else at the drop site, they both latched a tentacle onto Victor and began to spin. After reaching an intense speed, Victor was launched toward the stadium where the students were.

"... He didn't die, right?" Prime asked, observing the huge hole that had formed among the students, with Victor at the center.

After safely landing on top of the site, Sara and Prime cast one last glance at Victor, who seemed genuinely unconscious, before turning their attention back to Magneto. The blond man from before was still entangled between Prime and Sara's tentacles.

"Impressive! To gain such power in such a short time. As I suspected, your potential is too great to allow Xavier to master it. Unfortunately, this ends here, my dear. It's a pity you didn't choose the right side"

Saying this, the man raised both hands again. This time, Sara felt a mysterious wind in the air, starting with small things like cans, until larger objects like cars began to swirl around Magneto. Somehow, it seemed like even time had suddenly changed.

"Damn, this guy can control time too? Isn't that overkill?" exclaimed Prime, watching the absurd scene before him with a look of despair.

As this scene unfolded, Sara and Prime felt an approach from behind. Her hand quickly transformed into a scythe, and spinning her body, her target was quickly set. But as soon as Sara and Prime saw who it was, they stopped the blow moments before hitting.

"Hey, hey! I'm one of the good guys too" replied Peter, now dressed as Spider-Man, while keeping his arms raised.

"Sorry, I have bad memories of people sneaking up behind me" Sara and Prime replied in unison, their voices echoing at the same time.

After that, both of them turned their gaze back to the hurricane, which was getting larger and larger.

"This looks bad. How the hell did the situation escalate to this point? I mean, it was cool that you sent a gift to the teenagers down there. It made them realize how serious the situation was, so they started to flee. But how exactly are we supposed to stop this hurricane?"

Listening to Peter's words, Sara and Prime also wondered about the same thing.

(Damn) they both thought.

(Stopping Hulk seems easier than getting inside the hurricane just to be thrown meters away)

Sara and Prime could only wonder when exactly they had become so popular.

"Honestly, I have no idea. For now, let's avoid getting thrown away until we can find an opening"

Peter just nodded before extending his arm toward a higher part. Sara and Prime watched as something they thought was a web came out of his arm, allowing Peter to swing himself up to the spot.

"He shoots webs? Cool... But did that come out of him?" Prime asked with seriousness.

"Are you sure this is the right time to be thinking about that?" Sara inquired.

Setting that aside, Prime and Sara focused on the enemy ahead. No matter how hard they looked, it didn't seem like they could break through that thing. Even though their bodies regenerated quickly, if they sustained damage faster than their regeneration capabilities, it would be the end for them.

"It's times like these I wish I knew my capabilities for sure. There might be some way out of this situation, but I just can't feel some mysterious power welling up inside of me just because I want it to" Prime said, his voice sounding sad and melancholic.

"Relax, we always find a way out, remember?" Sara spoke, her voice resonating with determination.

Prime clenched his fist tightly, a smile appearing on his face. However, the moment was abruptly interrupted when a car flew towards Prime and Sara. With ease, they managed to dodge, confirming what Sara had said: Prime didn't have to face this threat alone.

They were both a singular entity and would fight as such. With that determination, Prime and Sara advanced towards the tornado. Again, objects were hurled their way, but they continued to agilely dodge. A car was thrown at them, finally hitting them in midair. Magneto lifted the car into the air using his power, but when he lowered it, there was nothing there anymore.

Magneto looked around, surprised, as he tried to locate Sara and Prime, finding them nowhere. Momentarily, the tornado ceased, just as Sara and Prime had hoped. Suddenly, Magneto was pulled by something that seemed like webbing, and four tentacles coiled around his body.

Magneto finally spotted where the attack was coming from. At a higher point, a figure dressed in a costume, along with Sara, was the source of the webs binding him.

"Do you really think you can trap me just with this?" Magneto exclaimed, his voice resonating deeply through the environment.

"Who said we wanted to trap you?" Sara and Prime replied with a smile on their faces. "We just need to keep you busy until the cavalry arrives"

Sara and Prime's words were followed by a blast of red energy that was launched directly towards Magneto. Shortly after, Kitty teleported near where Sara and Peter were, along with Jean who moved Scott and Kitty to the roof.

"Sara, are you okay?" Scott asked, visibly concerned.

Magneto, who was already visibly irritated, seemed to become even more bothered by the addition of more problems to his situation.

"You insolent children, I will make you regret this bitterly" Magneto threatened firmly.

Everyone prepared, awaiting a possible reaction from Magneto, but noises from the sky caught their attention. They turned to see a familiar ship landing gently on the rooftop. As the back part opened, Xavier emerged, accompanied by Logan and Ororo.

"I think it's best we stop here, Erik" Xavier said, as if addressing an old friend.

"Do you think I'll lose just because your numbers have increased?" Magneto challenged.

Xavier shook his head in response to Magneto's words.

"In fact, it's knowing what you're capable of that makes me want to end this fight now. Even if we continued, both sides would come out wounded. Besides, I noticed you were holding back during the fight"

Silence dominated the area for a few seconds before, somehow, Magneto freed himself from Sara's tentacles and Peter's webs, leaving both of them relatively surprised.

"As always, you're good at talking" Magneto said before turning his gaze to Sara. "You're making a mistake by sticking with Xavier. I was like you at first, but he'll only use it to control you. And when he realizes he can't control you anymore, he'll try to erase who you are"

With that said, Magneto flew away as the bodies of Victor and the blond man were enveloped by a metal pipe. Once Magneto disappeared, Sara and Prime finally managed to look at the destruction caused, wondering exactly who should foot the bill for all this damage.

My discord server for conversations, there you'll also find photos of the protagonists of my works, as well as possible spoilers for my future stories, plus I'm always alerting you when a new free chapter is posted.

28