Chapter 4 – Escape [1]
2k 16 105
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you like my work and want to support me, consider checking out my Patreon. Besides several chapters ahead of the public, you will also be helping me get closer to my dream of being a full-time writer.

As soon as Ryan merged with the man, he felt something different compared to when he merged with the rabbit. Instead of Ryan being in complete control, it was more like they were both acting together. Of course, Ryan also felt he could act separately, but initially, he needed to act. This man might be his only chance to escape.

(Hey, man, first, I want you to calm down and don't freak out. If they find out you're talking to me, you're definitely dead)

Hearing a voice in his head, the man almost screamed in despair, but the word "death" made him immediately fall silent. In fact, he was so terrified that he simply couldn't formulate any words. Ryan sensed the overwhelming fear in the man, and while he felt a bit sorry for him, he also thought this reaction was quite timely for his own survival.

(Look, I know you must be scared, but I can help you get out of here... probably. Anyway, you just need to trust me. If you have any questions, just think about it, and I'll be able to pick up your thoughts)

Hearing the words echoing in his head, the man could only swallow hard. He had no idea what was happening at that exact moment. Suddenly, he had been brought here without explanations, only to be suddenly invaded by a strange slime. The situation was surreal and terrifying.

(What the hell are you? How did you get inside my body? What do you intend to do with me?)

Hearing the man's words, Ryan could only wonder if he was serious.

(Do you really want to have this conversation now? What part of "you're going to die" didn't you understand?)

Even though the situation was terrifying, as soon as he heard the word "die" the man quickly composed himself. The reason? Even being a criminal, he still had a family, a mother. Despite not being the best son, he didn't want to die without saying goodbye to her.

(All right, I accept. What do I need to do?)

The man spoke with determination, surprising Ryan. He smiled mentally since the man was being much more cooperative than Ryan had initially expected.

(The plan is quite simple. We need to make you pretend you had a heart attack or something similar, more specifically, you need to "die" for a while. If you die and I'm still inside your body, they will probably come to examine you to see if I'm okay)

As soon as Ryan said this, the man was surprised and, at the same time, afraid. No one had told him that the plan would involve him "dying" in the first place, he wanted to get out exactly because he didn't want to die.

(Wait, are you serious? On second thought, I think I don't...)

However, just before the man finished speaking, Ryan's voice echoed in his head.

(You talk too much, man. Just trust me. I know what I'm doing. Let's get on with it)

At that moment, the man felt a terrible tightness in his chest, as if he were being crushed by an invisible force. A suffocating sensation engulfed him, his vision blurred, and a sharp pain radiated from his chest. Before he could comprehend what was happening, he fell to the ground, his lungs devoid of air and an intense pain consuming him from within.

Thirty seconds passed, and the man remained sprawled on the ground. After a minute, Drake looked suspiciously at the lifeless body in front of him. While the death of the test subject was not an issue in itself, he could not allow the symbiote to die. Something needed to be done quickly.

"What are you waiting for? Examine the test subject immediately. The symbiote must still be alive"

Drake ordered urgently, his voice laden with impatience as the scientists around him hurried to check the man's condition.

Unfortunately, not even Drake could anticipate the scene that would unfold next. As one of the scientists opened the door and approached the fallen man, a red tentacle burst from the man's back and coiled around the scientist's neck.

All the scientists watched that scene with disbelief and fear reflected in their eyes, except Drake. While his colleagues were terrified, his gaze reflected pure fascination. A smile of ecstasy formed on his lips as Drake closely monitored the unfolding scene.

Quickly, the tentacle made a subtle move, twisting the man's neck and turning his eyes into empty windows to death. Then, the tentacle threw the body to the ground before expanding, completely obscuring the view of what was behind it. The only glimpse available now was the red slime that covered the entire glass cubicle.

After a few seconds, the red slime covering the cubicle began to slowly recede until it disappeared completely. However, there were no traces left of the man or the creature inside the cubicle. Both had vanished without a trace.

"What happened? Where are they?"

Drake asked, but none of the scientists could find an answer. They were all perplexed, utterly astonished by what they had just witnessed. The possibilities that had been revealed were unimaginable. None of them could conceive that, with a human host, the creature could manifest such power. The room fell silent as they tried to assimilate what they had just witnessed.

"Sir, it appears that the cameras captured the prisoner running through the corridors. Apparently, he's heading toward the outdoor area at the back of the building"

A man said as he approached Drake, his hand pressing urgently on the earpiece.

"He's escaping, you fool! Treece, I want you to go after him and BRING ME MY SYMBIOTE NOW!"

As Drake gave orders for his men to chase after Ryan, the latter ran through the facility's corridors. Although he didn't know exactly where he was going, Ryan could access the man's memories, allowing him to find the way to the back door the man had entered.

Ryan, however, had no idea how he had managed to perform those feats a few minutes before. In fact, the scientist's death was not the result of an intentional action by Ryan; he had merely applied minimal force, and before he knew it, the man's neck was twisted to the side.

My discord server for conversations, there you'll also find photos of the protagonists of my works, as well as possible spoilers for my future stories, plus I'm always alerting you when a new free chapter is posted.

105