Twisted Seal
23 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Serafina was about to speak when a large hand effortlessly lifted her collar from behind.

Suspended in the air, Serafina anticipated that Capac would throw her into the river at any moment. She quickly clung to Capac's neck, embraced like an octopus in his arms.

Long legs wrapped tightly around his waist.

"Dear brother, sincere apologies," Serafina said with remorse, hastily proposing, "Don't be afraid. There's another option; the enchantment will be lifted once I ascend to the rank of Archmage."

'Swish—'

The distinct sound of tearing fabric echoed; her collar was torn open, revealing a small patch of pale skin on her back.

"You can go down immediately!" An angry voice reverberated deep within the cliff.

If she had any magical strength, Arthur could dispel her with a simple gesture.

"Dear brother, I'm coming down now. Please forgive me." Sensing his genuine displeasure, Serafina quickly broke free from him, landing gracefully on the solid ground.

After steadying herself, Serafina looked up at Arthur, her tone carrying a negotiable undertone. "Dear brother, I understand your aversion to forced bonding. However, there's only one way. Once I obtain the mantle of Grand Magus, the bond between us will naturally dissolve."

"Such as you, a waste, becoming a Grand Magus?"

"A pure fantasy!" Arthur's eyes narrowed slightly, his voice tinged with an almost spellbound tone, sending shivers down the spine.

He scrutinized the woman before him, her face smeared with blood, yet radiating a certain strength. Especially her eyes, occasionally flashing a mischievous glint, adding a playful aura to her otherwise weathered appearance.

Different from the women he had encountered before.

Serafina patted her chest, saying, "I have a seal inside me. Once it's broken, I'll gain the ability to practice magic."

Arthur raised an eyebrow. Indeed, there was a seal within her, an ancient one. It seemed she harbored many secrets.

Magic runes, ancient seals...

"At your current status, the seal will remain impenetrable without the power of an Archmage," Arthur stated.

Serafina looked pleasant and gently grabbed his slender and understanding hand. She swayed, adopting a coquettish tone, "Dear brother, I know you're the best. Help me break this seal, and I promise to diligently cultivate my magical abilities, striving to elevate myself to the level of an Archmage as soon as possible!"

Her soft hand slipped into his, and for a moment, Capac seemed to lose focus. He lowered his head, watching the point where their hands touched, and a vague and ineffable emotion surged within him. He... didn't seem to dislike it.

Soft and warm.

In the pitch-black night, the tips of the man's ears started to redden, unnoticed by anyone.

Arthur's stern voice commanded, "Let go."

"Of course, dear brother." Serafina released his hand without hesitation, displaying a submissive and obedient expression.

Seeing this, Arthur emotionlessly placed his hands behind his back.

"I can unseal a portion of your power for you. However, even if unsealed, you remain extremely vulnerable now, easily destroyed by anyone. For my safety, you must accompany me back."

"Absolutely not!" Serafina immediately refused.

To follow him meant binding her freedom; Serafina felt a sense of loneliness and coldness.

"You have no other choice!" Arthur coldly glanced at her.

If James and Olivia were present, hearing Serafina's unhesitant refusal, they would surely sneer, thinking she was too foolish. To follow the Lord was a tremendous opportunity and blessing!

Serafina's smile vanished instantly, replaced by a serious expression. "I still have my mother; I can't leave."

Arthur fell silent.

Serafina raised her hand, unfastening the belt at her waist. The dirty, blood-stained outer garment slid off, revealing a pink undergarment.

"What's this?" Arthur stepped back in surprise, then quickly turned his head away.

"If you think it's impossible for me to become a Grand Mage, then the best solution now is—"

Arthur knew she was openly threatening him.

He actually had many ways to make her submit, such as extracting memories or turning her into a fool, then locking her away.

"I agree to your request, but you must become an Archmage within three years. Otherwise, your freedom will be revoked after three years."

Upon hearing this, a smug smile appeared on Serafina's lips.

"Dear brother, you are truly handsome and kind-hearted." Serafina teased with a mischievous smile.

Arthur felt a continuous throbbing in his temples.

The next morning, at dawn, Serafina left the bottom of the cliff. Yes, she was driven out.

She remembered that last night, he had lifted part of the seal, releasing only about one-seventh of her power. Nevertheless, she could now feel that magical energy.

Through magical awareness, she could see her energy core and spiritual domain. However, her energy core seemed somewhat unusual compared to others; it was like a small lake, while others had flat terrains.

She could peer into her energy core, and Arthur could probe it as well. She didn't overlook his slightly furrowed brows, which seemed abnormal.

Even Arthur's handsome face couldn't explain what had happened.

In the center of this energy core, there were peculiar and intricately woven magical runes. Seven chain-like magical runes surrounded it, but now one of them was broken.

"On the winding path of exploration, I will venture high and low, pursuing the unknown." This seal might be related to the original owner's mother, Mia Walker.

According to legends, Mia Walker was shrouded in mystery, possessing unparalleled runic abilities and a mysterious, powerful force, as her grandfather whispered.

"Serafina, in an elegant black robe, with a clean face and delicate features. Her eyes, a pair of captivating orbs, with long lashes curling delicately, and skin as pure as condensed fat. Only fourteen or fifteen years old."

"Oh dear..." Serafina frowned, sighing in pain. Every movement caused her body to ache, and even the slightest motion felt like a daunting task.

"Damn Arthur, I just lifted the seal, and he immediately banishes me, utterly lacking gentlemanly manners."

"When I become powerful, he'll be nothing more than a greenhouse servant!" Serafina muttered under her breath.

Unbeknownst to her, her curses reached his ears, causing his expression to darken as he gritted his teeth. Finally, he revealed a gentle smile, saying, "Very well!"

In the end, his thin lips slowly parted, "Indeed, very well."

Serafina walked a short distance, encountering several waves of magical beasts along the way. In unavoidable situations, she cleverly evaded or employed her magical skills from her past life.

In her previous life, she was a genius, delving into various arts. In the end, she only mastered divination and mysticism, with martial skills ranking second. Strangely, so far, she had only encountered low-tier magical beasts.

There were many types of spirit beasts: demon beasts, divine beasts, godly spirit beasts, colossal beasts, divine beings, and more. However, in the heart of the magical forest she had now entered, there was no sign of higher-tier magical beasts, which seemed somewhat perplexing.

Moreover, the center of the magical forest emitted a peculiar aura. Serafina squinted, crouched down, and picked up a dry twig, instinctively drawn to the mysterious energy permeating the air.

She turned the branches into a wand, waving it to swiftly draw peculiar runes on the damp soil, outlining several mysterious symbols.

Closing her eyes in silence for a moment, when she opened them again, her gaze shimmered with a blue glow, then returned to ordinary black pupils.

"Ah, I see. The mythical beasts will appear, and the myriad creatures will guard. In about an hour, the tide of beasts will surge."

Suddenly, there came the sound of footsteps, either steady or brisk. Seraphina leaped gracefully and climbed up a dense, massive magic tree.

She stood atop the tree, vigilantly observing the scene below.

"Look, a line of figures forming a large formation, with familiar faces leading the way, especially one face that sends shivers down my spine."

"Seraphina senses it—the lingering aura of the former master."

The leading man, with a jade-like face of rare beauty, paled in comparison to Rong Shuo.

It was like comparing heaven and earth.

How could they be mentioned in the same breath?

This person was Alexander Mitchell, the third prince of the Aldonia Kingdom who had annulled the engagement.

"Third Prince, we've been wandering here several times. Why can't we find the birthplace of the magical beasts?" The girl beside Alexander, named Annie, pouted and complained.

Alexander gently ruffled her hair and said, "Be patient, Annie. We have to wait."

"According to Emily," Annie said with a hint of disdain in her tone, quickly concealing it, "Seraphina's seemingly also entered the magic forest, but she's currently lost."

Upon hearing the name 'Seraphina,' Alexander's brows furrowed even tighter. "Why bring up that little girl Seraphina? Even if she's dead, it has nothing to do with this prince."

The elegant gentleman by Alexander's side shook his wand. "Your Highness, you can't say that. She has been infatuated with you for so many years. Though considered worthless by others, she possesses enchanting beauty. Have you ever considered taking her as a concubine?"

After uttering these words, the gentleman looked at the others with a hint of mockery in his gaze. "Did I say something wrong?"

"Yes, yes, hahaha..."

"Your Highness, although she's insignificant, she is also a peerless beauty. You should consider bringing her into your world," another person suggested.

Other dandies joined in with a theatrical enthusiasm, as if enjoying a grand spectacle.

"Oliver Thompson, I leave this matter to you," Prince Alexander's face darkened.

The handsome young man wielding the magic fan—none other than Oliver Thompson—politely smiled at them. "Too bad, my dear, if the lady doesn't like me, it wouldn't be appropriate for me to force emotions, right?"

"Oliver, shut up!" Alexander said with a serious tone.

Oliver Thompson chuckled lightly, casually rubbing his nose, then fell into silence.

The group continued their journey.

Seraphina stood on a branch, her gaze dark. She felt that intervening in some of Alexander's group's actions went against her conscience.

Tilting her head, she glanced at the dense leaves, swiftly plucking dozens of them. Gracefully descending, she glanced in their direction, then briskly walked toward another nearby path.

Ten minutes later, she arrived at a quiet spot, estimating they would pass through here. She began setting traps. After finishing, she quickly left. The tide of beasts was about to come, and she didn't want to waste time waiting for them to fall into the trap. Moreover, lingering here might lead to discovery.

If the enmity between her and Alexander's group could be considered a minor matter, then Emily was her mortal enemy. Various tortures, the cruel act of pushing her off the cliff...

Seraphina's gaze turned icy. Oh, Emily, the original owner was so kind to you, generously providing resources from the Six-Winged Angel family. Yet, you chose to betray her and commit such cruel acts! Emily, you truly have no conscience!

More and more groups ventured into the magic forest. Among them, Seraphina encountered several teams, some from the Aldonia Kingdom, and others from distant lands.

The Cloud Crown Territory was divided into East Vistalia and Central Etaelia.

The Kingdom of Aldonia is located in East Vistalia and is one of the many countries in the region. However, within East Vistalia, the Kingdom of Aldonia is a relatively small nation, with its prestige falling into a lower tier.

In most cases, a country's strength is influenced by dominant institutions such as sanctuaries, alchemy guilds, blacksmith guilds, beast-taming guilds, and magic guilds.

However, top-tier nations can stand side by side with influential forces like the Holy Sanctuary.

The Holy Sanctuary is a sacred place that everyone in East Vistalia aspires to reach. This academy has nurtured numerous powerful individuals.

In contrast, the central region of Etaelia remains quite mysterious.

East Vistalia and Central Etaelia are separated by the vast sea, inhabited by numerous sacred-level sea creatures. Crossing it is already a daunting task, not to mention the potential maritime dangers and hazards.

Therefore, there is almost no contact between Vistalia and Central Etaelia. However, it is rumored that the territorial area of East Vistalia is only one-third of that of Central Etaelia.

Seraphina quickly sprinted in the calculated direction and soon reached her destination, only to find that several groups had already arrived.

They were all stationed at the entrance of a dark cave, prepared to seize an opportunity. However, around this cave, numerous high-level magical beasts inhabited, with even some mythical creatures lurking nearby.

Those ferocious beasts stared menacingly at the humans, as if ready to pounce and tear them apart at the slightest provocation.

However, at the moment, no one took action, maintaining a mysterious equilibrium.

Among the crowd, Seraphina spotted a familiar figure. Her eyes narrowed, revealing a hint of icy coldness. Quickly, she hid behind a tree.

Her emotions surged. Oh, here you are, Emily Zephyr! Making dreams of contracting with mythical beasts so naively!

She tore a piece of fabric from her skirt, stained with a faint trace of blood. Then, she tied it behind her head, covering most of her face, leaving only a pair of clear and captivating phoenix eyes visible.

Seraphina intentionally leaked her aura.

"Who? Show yourself!" A stern voice echoed.

"Boom!" A tree, thick enough to be embraced by five people, suddenly snapped. In sight was a woman wearing a loose ink-black robe, her indigo hair tied up in a high ponytail with ribbons.

She stood with hands behind her back, calm and composed. A white veil covered her face, with traces of blood on it.

"Who are you?" A middle-aged man with a kindly face, but occasional flashes of severity in his eyes, inquired.

Seraphina sneered, "Who I am is none of your business. Don't talk to me randomly."

Her voice was gender-neutral, carrying a domineering sense of superiority.

Seraphina casually flicked a tender green leaf with her finger, nonchalantly tossing it in the direction of the middle-aged man. The man remained vigilant, but the leaf gently landed in his hand, causing no disturbance.

"Little one, dare to play games with me?" The middle-aged man erupted in anger, instinctively crushing the leaf in his hand.

In that fleeting moment, a loud explosion ensued. The man's hand was injured, but due to quick reactions, he activated his psychic power to prevent his hand from being blown away. Though not sent flying, his hand was now covered in blood.

"Dad!" A delicate girl witnessed the scene, her pupils slightly contracting. She quickly supported her father's trembling figure.

"Your heart is as cruel as a magical beast!" The girl lifted her head, locking eyes with Seraphina. "My father just asked you a few questions, and you resorted to such ruthless means!"

1