Walk out of the magic forest
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seraphina furrowed her brow, a hint of apprehension creeping into her thoughts. Pondering for a moment, her brow furrowed even deeper. What could it be? The whereabouts of the magical creature were now shrouded in mystery, a puzzle she couldn’t decipher.

Incredibly puzzling!

Usually, this sort of situation either meant a profound connection with the magical creature or significant external magical forces disrupting things.

Seraphina firmly dismissed the former possibility. As for the latter, a vision involuntarily flashed in her mind—Arthur's imposing, aloof, and imposing figure.

Could that elusive Arthur have come and stealthily used dark magic to snatch the creature away? Seraphina pondered warily. She would never allow him to attempt such despicable and daring power play.

Arthur sneezed suddenly, his star-blue destiny still shimmering, his power beyond Seraphina's comprehension. Or perhaps there was a great external force disrupting her calculations.

Seraphina glanced at the human in front of her, beginning to lose interest in locating the missing creature entirely.

She had been away from home for days. If she didn't return soon, her grandfather would surely be frantic.

Through the dark cloak, she touched something furry inside. She decided to take it out of the magical forest.

However, just as Seraphina turned to leave, a voice came from behind. "Miss, why are you acting so surreptitiously?"

Seraphina immediately became alert, scanning for the speaker. In the depths of the forest, caution was never excessive. Many tree trunks and thorny thickets concealed danger and deception.

"Reveal yourself!" Seraphina commanded, continuing her vigilant survey.

A graceful young man wielding a fan emerged and smiled charmingly at Seraphina.

Oliver Thompson!

Heir to the Thompson family, one of the three great magical houses in Chudonia. Twenty-year-old Oliver had a friendly relationship with Prince Alexander...

"It's none of your concern!" Seraphina retorted coldly.

As she turned to leave, she heard a swoosh, and an object whizzed toward her back.

With sharp eyes, Seraphina swiftly dodged while simultaneously shooting several sticks toward Oliver.

Oliver lazily caught the seemingly harmless sticks barehanded, still wearing his mischievous smile. "So, that trap earlier was your doing?"

Seraphina glared at him, wanting to erase that smug smile from his face with a spell.

"Like I said, it's none of your concern," Seraphina said coldly. "Now, excuse me, I have more important matters to attend to."

Seraphina recalled setting a trap before. Somehow, this Oliver had gotten caught up in it.

She sneered, "So what? You better worry about yourself first."

Before he could react, Seraphina vanished like a gust of wind.

Oliver wanted to pursue her, but in the next moment, his expression changed drastically. He hurriedly dropped the sticks he held, but it was already too late.

Boom! Boom!

His right side was still wounded by the explosion, his hand trembling uncontrollably, blood trickling down his skin.

Oliver watched Seraphina's retreating figure, glaring daggers, his face as dark as the bottom of a pot. That malicious girl had cursed those seemingly innocent sticks as a trap, and he fell for it!

Gritting his teeth against the pain, Oliver quickly cast a spell to bind his hand. He contemplated chasing after the infuriating Seraphina, demanding an explanation, or at least salvaging some wounded pride. But she proved to be extremely cunning and had already escaped.

This was the first time Oliver had been so thoroughly fooled. He still couldn't comprehend how Seraphina's previous trap worked, and now this...

Who was she, really?

Prince Alexander and the companions, including Emily, rushed over upon hearing the explosion. Upon arrival, they found Oliver's robe torn in half, revealing obvious signs of injury underneath. Even a strand of hair on his temple was singed.

Most terrifying was his hand—its incessant tremors!

"Oliver, what happened to you?" Prince Alexander asked, deeply concerned.

Emily, seeing Oliver's state, immediately recalled a similar experience with her father.

"It must be that damned masked idiot!" Emily vehemently declared.

Seeing their puzzled looks turned towards her, Emily made an effort to maintain a calm demeanor and recounted the incident to them, naturally omitting any unfavorable aspects of Seraphina towards herself.

"Too bad! Why would she target us?" an angry playboy exclaimed.

"Don't worry, Emily. We'll protect you," another young man, secretly admiring her, promised.

A crowd of captivated young nobles rushed to comfort the beautiful Emily, eager to safely embrace her.

Prince Alexander, observing the blatant admiration of so many men towards Emily, turned slightly envious. Though they were just friends, he had started to notice the favoritism many had towards her. And it seemed he wasn't the only one.

Alexander suddenly felt displeased with Seraphina as she made Emily the object of others' pity.

"That woman must recognize us!" Oliver suddenly exclaimed. "The trap we encountered earlier, the concealed weapon, it was all set up by her. She's deliberately targeting us," he added grimly.

The others fell silent, pondering the issue. They couldn't recall offending any woman with such power.

"Let's set this aside for now," Oliver redirected. Turning to Emily, he asked, "Where did the lovely Miss Seraphina go?"

At his inquiry, Emily lowered her head in dismay. "I and Seraphina encountered a Tier Five Spirit Beast. I fought hard to protect us, but she must have sensed my danger. She left me, and we got separated. I've sent people to look for her, but I still don't know where she is..."

"Trash is just trash! How could she abandon her friends like that?"

"She's not worth your tears, abandoning your friendship for some stupid reason."

"After everything Seraphina has done, she betrayed you. She deserves everything she gets!"

The group continued their lengthy discussion, defaming Seraphina and expressing hopes that she would perish in the forest.

Anne sympathetically placed a hand on Emily's shoulder. "Forget about Seraphina. If she's ditching her friends like this, she's not worth it."

"Absolutely right, Anne!" Alexander interjected. "I say, good riddance to that rotten trash."

In a corner, Oliver watched the drama unfold, a cold smirk crossing his face. Clearly, Seraphina had been ensnared by Emily, a ruthless woman, and her fate was uncertain.

Oliver always admired beautiful women, and enchanting individuals like Seraphina had caught his attention more than once.

Of course, he only observed from afar. He wouldn't involve himself in any of the girls' disputes.

Carefully, Oliver retrieved a vial of healing potion from his robe pocket, took a sip, and healed the injury caused by the blast to his hand.

Seraphina emerged from the magical forest, placing the furry little creature in a relatively safe spot before striding away.

However, the small furry animal trailed after her like a little tail, staggering along behind her.

Annoyed, Seraphina stopped abruptly, her brow furrowed. "Listen, the forest is your home. Stop following me, or I'll roast and eat you!" The creature startled and took a few steps back.

After warning the furry creature, Seraphina utilized her mental power and teleported away, moving at a speed even faster than that of a Soul King.

Half an hour later, she emerged from the magical forest.

Tearing off the scarf covering her face, she took a deep breath, hands on her hips, smiling as she gazed up at the vast sky.

"Miss, is it really you?" A delighted voice echoed.

Glancing over, Seraphina spotted a petite and pretty young girl dressed in maid attire rushing towards her.

Suddenly, she found herself tightly embraced. Feeling a bit awkward, she tried to push back slightly, only to be held even tighter.

"Miss!" The maid, Mia Walker, sniffled, her voice carrying traces of tears. "How could you venture into the Fire Magic Forest alone? You've been missing from the Six-Winged Angel Family for days! Lord Claude is extremely worried!"

Behind Mia stood a group of Six-Winged Angel Family guards, also dispatched to search for Seraphina. Witnessing her unharmed, everyone was ecstatic and at the same time breathed a sigh of relief.

Even though they breathed a sigh of relief, there were still many reproachful glances among the guards directed at Seraphina.

Seraphina brushed through the lilac bushes and touched her hair. "Let's head back," she said.

"Alright," Mia blinked at Seraphina, her eyes filled with tears.

Seeing Seraphina in an oversized man's black robe, Rufus, the captain of her guards, felt a pang of concern. Had Miss Seraphina been...?

What he noticed, others did too, including Mia.

Mia looked at Seraphina with sadness, her face reflecting guilt, making Seraphina feel rather embarrassed.

"I'm fine," Seraphina explained. "A magical creature tore my clothes, so I had to borrow this robe from a kind stranger. Do you really think someone who owns such fine clothing would take advantage of me?"

Hearing her words, everyone looked at the dark robe she was wearing. The embroidery and fabric were of the highest quality, impossible to find in any store.

Could it really be as Miss Seraphina said?

Even if not, they had to accept her story!

"Miss Seraphina, I believe you," Mia said.

The other guards also chimed in agreement.

Seeing them, Seraphina felt a warm surge in her heart. Her grandfather had trained them well...

The House of the Six-winged Angels... was a warm place.

"Do you have clothes?" Seraphina asked Mia.

Mia shook her head blankly.

Rufus pulled out a cloak from his bag and handed it to Seraphina. "Miss, if you don't mind, please use my cloak to cover yourself."

Seraphina was surprised but still accepted the cloak, thanking him.

She wore it over the oversized dark robe, covering most of it, creating an illusion that she wore a woman's robe underneath.

The world placed great importance on a woman's modesty. Despite her attire being intact, wearing a male robe outdoors undoubtedly would invite trouble and rumors.

However, using a cloak from her own guards could help alleviate the situation.

As Seraphina's party returned to the House of the Six-winged Angels, they attracted curious gazes and whispered conversations from passersby.

Seraphina inadvertently overheard words like "trash," "vagrant," "superficial, empty appearance," "call off the wedding," "malicious," and "should have died sooner."

She paid them no mind.

Glancing up at the majestic gold-lettered sign of the "House of the Six-winged Angels," she scoffed, lifting her foot to step over the threshold—only to freeze in place the next moment.

"Seraphina!" a vibrant voice thundered.

One foot was already inside, the other outside, leaving her in a deadlock.

Beside her, Lyrac Mia sneakily.

"Where have you been all this time, you little troublemaker!"

Seraphina decided not to evade it, lifting her foot to stride forward, only to be fiercely embraced by a blurry figure.

She was almost suffocating!

"Grandfather?"

Claude's voice trembled. "Do you still recognize me as your grandfather? Vanished without a word!"

He hastily released Seraphina, urging her into the family house, moving so fast she could hardly keep up.

Only now did Seraphina truly see him—the Claude of the House of the Six-winged Angels. Half his hair had turned snowy white, wrinkles lined his eyes, and his beard had paled.

Just as her inherited memories had described, except now Claude looked weary, with puffy eyes that indicated a lack of rest.

"Grandfather, where are you taking me?" Seraphina inquired.

At her words, the clouds seemed to bend, and his voice softened. "To see your aunt for the last time."

Seraphina's pupils constricted. "What happened to Aunt?"

Claude let out a deep sigh, his brows furrowing in layers of sorrow.

"See for yourself."

In her inherited memories, although paralyzed and unconscious, Aunt Miranda showed no signs of impending death...

Entering her aunt's courtyard, pushing open the door, Serafina was almost choked by the strong scent of medicine. The room was dim and lightless. The woman lying on the canopy bed looked pale, withered, and barely had a discernible breath.

Serafina's expression changed.

Her aunt was shrouded in a kind of misfortune, her condition worsening, on the verge of death.

"Grandfather, close the door."

After speaking with Claude, Serafina swiftly approached Miranda's bedside.

She gently pricked her fingertip with magic, effortlessly squeezing out a drop of blood. Using her fingertip, she effortlessly drew a rune in the air.

Once the rune was complete, Serafina flicked it, sending the glowing symbol into the misty chest of Miranda, disappearing into her body in no time.

Claude, who had just closed the door, witnessed this incredible scene, his eyes widening in shock. "Serafina, what are you doing?"

"Grandfather, I can't explain right now, but I won't harm Aunt Miranda."

Claude hesitantly nodded.

After receiving her grandfather's consent, Serafina turned her gaze towards Miranda. Her obsidian eyes immediately shifted to an eerie blue hue, enabling her to see all the internal energy pathways and fate within the misty form.

Within her abdomen resided an ebony sphere—the root of the misfortune.

Serafina's expression turned grave; the blue glow shimmered in her eyes. She uncovered the bedsheet covering her aunt, placing her palm on her stomach, silently exerting magic to draw out the ebony sphere...

But despite her advanced Soul Master abilities, she lacked the power to extract the ebony sphere.

Seeing Serafina's eyes turn into the eerie blue, sensing her psychic fluctuations, Claude was taken aback, his expression quickly turning serious.

She unsealed it herself?

Seeing beads of cold sweat form on Serafina's pale face, the old man felt a surge of anxiety—this girl was truly reckless!

Claude couldn't stand by any longer. He extended his hands, channeling his psychic energy into her body.

Feeling the influx of external energy, Serafina's face instantly flushed red. A faint smile tugged at her lips, then disappeared just as quickly.

Focus all your strength

"It sensed danger and attempted to flee in all directions. The blue-eyed Serafina wasn't going to let it escape. Her eyes flashed, and an invisible thread finer than a strand of hair shot out, locking onto the Tharellwood Sphere!

The Tharellwood Sphere froze in place, unable to move a millimeter.

Now!

"Serafina's hand trembled as she caught the ebony ball.

"Grandfather, do you recognize this?"

Upon seeing the ebony ball, Yun Tian seemed to recall something, his brow furrowing. His expression darkened instantly, becoming more solemn."

"Of course. It belongs to the Tharellwood family—a Curse Bead specifically crafted for cursing enemies!"

"Tharellwood family? Curse Bead? That despicable Greven! I'll chop him into pieces!" Claude roared and charged towards the door.

Serafina quickly pulled him back, soothingly saying, "Grandfather, calm down!"

"How can I stay calm? The Tharellwood family insulted and bullied the Six-Winged Angel family. If Miranda hadn't fallen into a coma seven years ago after ingesting that deadly poison for Kastin, would their despicable genius still exist? Villains like them who forget kindness deserve to die." Claude shivered, his beard trembling.

0