Ch. 5 – 1 and 2’s Bizarre Adventure, Battle Occurrence Part 1
302 3 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
As a sort of compromise between wanting to inform people when things go south and wanting to not publish announcements without an accompanying chapter, for now I'll just be using the comments of the most recently published chapter to communicate until I have a better idea on what to do.

 

I tilted my head as my sister stepped forward, sniffing and looking around. She barked, so I stopped to let her catch up and look around. That was the system we had in place now that Master couldn't look around for us. Between us, I walk into trees while my sister 1 could spot and make sense of footprints, so I left it to her to keep an eye out for danger. She really was reliable for that sort of thing, so many times I get hit or miss things while she seemed to be aware of everything and she was really good at getting around things. It's hard to pay attention when we're attacking something, but I'd rarely seen her get hit. 

 

Sniffing around the ground, climbing higher on the bent or broken trees to look around, pawing through to look at finer details... or something like that. I didn't really understand what she was doing or why, but I felt a little bored as she took longer than usual. I couldn't even watch for entertainment since I didn't understand what had caught her attention in the first place. Unlike with Master, it was hard to understand each other. We had to pay attention to each other to try and understand... Really, really bothersome. I only understand the simple things, like how she was sad the other night. I didn't know what to do, so I just did my best.

 

Ahhhh... My head hurts. Thinking too much sucks. Master said that it was fine, that I could just rely on my sister, but I really want to not constantly be lagging behind. It feels like I only get events a long time after they happen.

 

Since my head was hurting and it looked like we would be staying still like this for a while longer, I laid down, resting my body. I always felt better after laying down, like my body was more responsive.

 

... I'm not laying down?

 

The incongruity between my sluggish thoughts, and my body, really was terrible. Ahh, I don't want to call my thoughts sluggish. Those creatures are icky. It took me a while to hear the warning bells that my body had already responded to... A shiver ran up my spine, my tail sticking straight up, and I looked around to realize that where I was laying had been scooped. That, was a pretty big crater. Three times my size? They're sharp and deep. I don't think my body is tougher than that cold ground.

 

Ah, I dodged on instinct.

 

Now aware, I ran forward, under the large grey-green appendage swinging at me. I didn't really know what to do, but my body always did. Because of the height difference, I think, the attack breezed over me as I seemingly ran into it. My jaws open I scraped an ankle, level with my head, as I passed by. The putrid taste of grime was too much, so I spit out everything and just kept moving. This thing, it's really slow. But, we probably couldn't outrun it? That's what I feel like. Even though its legs are so stubby compared to its lumbering trunk of a body. Hmm, now that I think about it, that's really big to bite into? I'll probably have to look for a way to get the throat. It always ends up that way with bigger things.

 

Even though the first time went well, I'm starting to have a lot of difficulty dodging. The arms of this thing are really long, so even though they're slow they don't seem slow? No, that doesn't seem right. Ahhhh, if only 1 were here to show me what to do. I don't see her anywhere, but I hear thunderous blows a bit further away, so she must be getting attacked by another one of these things. She's really good at dodging, and coming up with clever tricks, so I'm sure she'll be fine, but... I, really want to go back to her. Without Master, she's the only one who can guide me. I can't do as well as her without someone helping.

 

My body, following my will, ran towards where I heard the conflict over there, but I ended up having to quickly run back towards the giant attacking me as one of his arm sweeps passed right over me. The further away I was, the more difficult for me to evade. What a difficult situation. Ah, maybe that one did connect? I'm in the ground, so it must have. Slowly, now that I was aware of it, the pain started seeping in. I don't think it's too bad, probably. At the very least, I was able to stand up alright. The thing seemed to have stopped swinging those stupid arms around in a frenzy after hitting me, and with that opening I took the opportunity to once again sprint towards where I thought 1 was. We would do much better together, that was the idea. Master had us work as a team for a reason. 

 

My body veered to the left as I sprinted forwards on its own, and I realized it was because the thing had thrown a punch at me a moment after. But, it missed, and I kept going. Running up the trunk of one of the fallen trees, what I now realized as the reason 1 had stopped and started looking around, I tried to get a good view so that I could quickly find her and the best path to her. It was really difficult to keep on the rounded trunk with the steps of the big guy behind me shaking the ground, but I dealt with it the best I could. Luckily, even I couldn't miss these huge lumbering creatures with a clear line of sight, but... There were two of them. Not one, but two, flanking my sister, keeping her wedged between them in a terrible position. The two were wounded with deep scratches, but their blue blood wasn't the only blood staining her white coat.

 

She, she was limping, and too far away. The guy behind me would catch up first. No, he's already caught up, and I've already dodged the arm sweep that finished breaking the tree I was on into bits. Even though I should be focusing on him, taking him out, it felt hopeless. I had no ideas. My jaw wasn't big enough, my claws not long enough.

 

My eyes focused on my sister, wounded, trying to lead the two large figures assaulting her to try and hit each other again and again, at constant risk of herself. And, every single time, it was more dreadful to watch as both her attackers missed each other and came closer to boxing her in. There were several times where it even looked like they... No, they definitely should have hit, but then she appeared a foot away or came out unscathed as if she hadn't been touched. Every single time, my heart dropped, and my body halted for a moment. I needed to get in there, to help her, but then it would be three of these things in one place.

 

But, how? She's trying to get them to hit each other. I don't have another one here. It's just this one guy that never seems to get tired. If I could stop him from moving? But I did nothing to his foot earlier. Actually, I don't even see the bite mark? 

 

Panic grasping at my mind, my paws slipped on some uneven ground, and I ended up tumbling down. Even though I'm supposed to be physically talented, and my instincts are supposed to be sharp, why is nothing working well in this fight-!

 

Between giving this fight proper buildup from 1's perspective, and giving us a view of how 2 works, I decided to side with character development~ hopefully that didn't mess with the fight's quality too much, though I'm sure there will be a few opportunities in the future to make up for that.

I also hope everyone likes the writing of this chapter. I was a bit nervous changing the style, but I really wanted to get across how 2 thinks and experiences the world.

Ah, and I'm sorry about the cliffhanger! I've ran out of time while polishing the chapter, so I'll have to publish part 2 tomorrow. It's a holiday (for some reason) so I'll have all day to write! Yey.

14