Day 0
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Day 0

Scene 1

Frame 1
*A black and white photo of a toilet with a black plate on top of it with text on it*.

Author.
Not realizing what was happening to me, I ran into the restroom of our university on the first floor.

*Sound 1, 2, 3, 6, 7
The door creaked slightly and quickly closed, probably because of the open window.
It was an old building, built during the Soviet era, so the toilets were ordinary with these ridiculous holes in the floor instead of toilets. The sinks stood in an even row across from each other, with traces of fresh paint on the rusty pipes. The first rays of the sun were breaking through the window, which was covered with metal bars.
The smell of chlorine merged with the scent of morning freshness, creating an unusual bouquet that made me shudder.

Yura
What am I even doing here?
How did I end up here?

Author.
I looked at the window again. The morning landscape of the courtyard, seen through the bars, caused me unprecedented fear.

Yura
What is this nonsense? I need to wash my face and come to my senses.
I lowered my head to turn on the water tap.

*Sound 4.5
Author.
I heard the sound of water and looked at my hands.

*Sound 8*
My ears were ringing like hell.
My head began to split. As if someone or something had decided to download terabytes of information into it.

Frame 2
*Yura tries to wash the substance off his hands (the sound of a light bulb flickering is heard in the background). The color of the image changes from color to black and white in time with the sound of the light bulb, as if a switch is being flipped. In the black and white version, there are no traces of blood*.

Yura
What's wrong with them? What is this red, viscous substance on them? What happened? Where did this come from?
We need to wash it off quickly! What is this!
Why does nothing get erased?

*Sound 9*
Author.
We need to come to our senses. Calm down and understand what happened. Remember all the details. Calm down and figure out what to do. I need to wash my face and calm down.

Yura
Calm down! Come to your senses. It's okay. It's okay. It's just a dream, it's just a dream, it's okay. It's okay.
Okay.
Good Good Good Good Good
Everything will be fine.
Breathe.
The main thing is to breathe.

Author.
I raised my head to look at myself. I needed to come to my senses.

*In the mirror, Yura saw a black silhouette with an emoji face.

*Sound 10*

Frame 3
*The past frame just keeps floating

Author.
Suddenly the whole landscape floated. The washbasins that stood next to the painted pipe floated away. The windows floated away, the bars floated away, everything floated away, the smell of chlorine mixed with the aroma of morning freshness floated away, fear, nausea, my hands and I floated away with them.

Scene 2

Frame 1
*The black background floats a bit

Author.
Darkness.
Nothing is visible.
Nothing is heard.
As if I were in the womb.
It was as if someone had heard the plea of my distant, distant subconscious and pressed the reboot button.
I hear a voice.
Mom?
No...

*Sound 11*
A voice from the void
Are you satisfied? (in the background, the sound of eerie laughter)

Yura
Who are you? And where am I now? I'm dead.

A voice from the void
Selfishly....

Yura
Please let me start over. I don't want to anymore. I don't want to feel this anymore. Let me out of here.

A voice from the void
Don't talk nonsense! You're just a weak, naive child. Besides, you are a traitor. Traitors have no right to be reborn in this world.

Yura
I did not betray anyone....

A voice from the void
That's what you think.
The conversation is over.

Frame 2
*light in the middle of the frame, as if from the sun's rays

 

0