Day 5
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Day 5 

 
Scene 1 
 
Frame 1 
*Living room at Yura's house 
 
Author. 
"The fire started in the theater backstage. A jester went on stage to warn the audience about the danger. They thought it was a joke and started applauding. The jester pleaded with them to repeat the warning, and the audience began to applaud. "Perhaps my life will end the same way: to the applause of the audience, who think it's just a joke, a 'game'?" 
 
Yura 
Isn't that right? 
 
Yura 
Why don't you say anything? 
 
Choice 
⦁Silence 
⦁Your life is not a joke. 
 
*regardless of the choice 
 
Yura 
It's time to rest. 
 
Author. 
I closed the book. It's not clear why I'm reading it, because I need to prepare for a philosophy test, and I've temporarily dropped out of college. Most likely, for good. I will be able to choose another specialty or earn money on the Internet. 
The methods of blackmail and fraud taught to me by the guys on the forum were bringing in good money. But they didn't seem so bad anymore. 
Thanks to my new friends, I saw the real face of people. 
They are all vile, lying, mercenary, and despicable. And it didn't seem wrong to me to cheat such people out of their money. 
 
Yura 
We need to go to the store. We're running out of food.
 
*Sound 15*
 
Frame 2 
*Sunny yard 
 
Yura 
Ouch.
 
Author. 
The sun was blinding my eyes, I don't remember the last time I saw it. 
I wanted to do all the necessary things as soon as possible and get back to my real life. 
In recent weeks, I have not left my computer. I have found friends and like-minded people there, I have found a job there and I can even say my vocation. My life mission and purpose. 
 
Yura 
I need to call my mom, because I haven't talked to her for a long time. 
 
Author. 
I don't think I've turned on my phone since we broke up.
I wrote to my parents a few times via the computer, but I didn't want to communicate with everyone else. 
I didn't feel anything about it, the only thing I felt was a little sorry that I lost my students. It was not a pretty thing.
 
Yura 
46 missed calls from Nika. 8 from mom and 2 from dad. This is supposed to be the number of the starosta, and this is the number of the philosophy teacher. 
I wonder what he needed. Although who cares. 
What is this unfamiliar number? 
 
Author. 
I should have probably scored, but I decided to dial the number anyway. 
 
*Sound 24*
 
*beeps*
*beeps* 
 
An unfamiliar voice 
Finally! 
 
Yura 
Yeah. I have a pass from you. 
 
An unfamiliar voice
I've been trying to get in touch with you for a long time.
 
Yura 
I'm sorry, but I don't remember you. Do we know each other?
 
An unfamiliar voice 
We may not know each other personally, but I know quite a lot about you
 
Yura 
Who are you and what do you want?
 
An unfamiliar voice 
A little-known philosopher said:
"Fear is a desire for what is feared, it is a sympathetic dislike, fear is an alien force that captures an individual." 
 
Author. 
The words seemed very familiar. I think I read them in that book or another, I don't remember. But what is this nonsense? Some strange guy calls me and asks me such strange questions.
 
Yura 
I don't understand what you want from me ? Why should I answer this question? We don't know each other at all. 
 
An unfamiliar voice
Oh, but that's not quite true. I know literally everything about you. I can recount in detail all your last days. 
I can list all the girls and boys you blackmailed last week. 
 
Author. 
Did they somehow figure me out? Didn't Thor and the VPN help? orth take it away. 
 
An unfamiliar voice 
Don't worry, I'm not a police officer. First, answer my question: what do you think of that quote? 
 
Yura 
I don't think anything about her. If you're not the police, what do you want? 
 
An unfamiliar voice 
Again, you are asking the wrong questions. Don't you think those words describe you very accurately? 
 
Yura 
What is this nonsense? I don't have any fear, and it's not logical at all to want what you're afraid of. 
 
An unfamiliar voice 
Maybe it's not as illogical as it seems. If you're not afraid of anything, why haven't you ever gone to the institute? If you're not afraid, why didn't you go to that place, why do you ignore everyone? Why haven't you thrown away the box that's under your bed right now?
 
Yura 
This already sounds a bit cryptic. From how do you know all this e? 
 
An unfamiliar voice 
It doesn't matter now. So many questions, but you failed to answer the most important one. Just like then...
 
Yura 
Wait, what place? 
 
An unfamiliar voice 
What did you forget again, or maybe you didn't want to remember?
 
Author. 
The only place you could think of that was "the same" was the venue where I met Nika. But I didn't quite understand why I needed to go there. I was done with Nika! I have nothing to do with her anymore. \\/ODyNak and the others made me see her real face clearly. 
 
Yura 
Why should I go there? 
 
An unfamiliar voice
To look your fear in the face.
 
Author. 
This strange offer from a stranger even made me angry. 
As if he thinks that I still have some feelings and this place is reawakening them again ?
 
An unfamiliar voice
I'll get back to you later, we still have a lot to discuss.
 
Author.
I could cry all I wanted, but the fact remained that I had an irresistible desire, or even need, to go there. 
To prove that this strange stranger is wrong and thinks too primitively! 
 
*Sound 16*
 
Frame 3 
*Slide show of the streets to the site 
 
Author. 
The guy's words still didn't make sense to me, so since I was going there, I thought it would be logical to grab the box of gifts from Nika. To finally close this page and never come back to it again. 
 
Frame 4 
*Same site 
 
Author. 
It's about 12 noon, so there shouldn't be any children here. They are all in kindergartens and schools. I am lucky to be here alone. 
 
Author. 
As expected, I felt nothing. An ordinary swing, an ordinary slide. Benches on the sides. The new me was already far away from the Yura for whom this place was dear. I felt discomfort and contempt rather than something warm and bright. 
 
Yura 
I was right. We need to bury this garbage and go home. 
 
Author. 
But then I heard voices. Some sonorous and familiar laughter was coming from around the corner. 
Somehow, without thinking, purely instinctively, I decided to hide. I didn't want to see any of my old friends. 
 
Women's Voice 
In fact, it was very lucky that the macroeconomics teacher did not come today. I was not well prepared for today's class. 
 
Male voice 
It's not surprising with your schedule. You've been working so hard lately. 
 
Yura
Whose voices are those? They seem very familiar. 
 
Author. 
I wanted to leave before the anonyms gave themselves away. But my interest made me stay. 
 
Women's Voice 
Here we are. 
*Nika appears. 
 
Male voice 
Is this the same site? 
*Vlad appears. 
 
Nika 
Yes. This is a very warm and valuable place for me. I spent my childhood here, we played here with my dad, and I found my first friends here. 
 
Vladik 
Is that why you wanted to show it to me so badly?
 
Nika 
Yes! I want it to be special for us too. I haven't told anyone about it except you. 
 
Yura 
What's going on here? 
 
Author. 
What is Nika doing here? What is Vlad doing here? What are they doing here together? 
A scream almost escaped me. My brain stopped thinking. All the settings were off. Inside me was a hurricane of thoughts, memories, words, actions, everything, but nothing concrete! 
I had to leave without being noticed. I had to leave very quickly. 
 
*Sound 25*
 
Frame 5 
*Cashier in the store
 
Author. 
It took me about 30 minutes to get to the store next door to my house. I still couldn't think clearly. Because of this, my brain was trying to cling to something concrete and stable, which was the shopping list. 
Like a robot, I walked between the aisles and put the necessary products in the basket. 
What was that all about? 
 
Cashier Masha
Oh, Jura! I haven't seen you and Nika for a long time. Do you need a package? 
 
Yura 
No. I'll get there.
 
Cashier Masha
Oh, we recently had a new employee. She's such a clumsy little thing, we have to teach her everything.
 
Yura 
I'm in a bit of a hurry here...
 
Cashier Masha
Recently, we did a re-account, and she managed to miss 5 boxes. I had to re-register everything for her.
 
Yura 
I really need to run
 
Author.
I said it through gritted teeth, biting my lip painfully. I could taste metal in my mouth.
 
Cashier Masha
I had to stay overtime for 2 hours. Two whole hours, can you imagine?
 
Yura 
NO, I FUCKING CAN'T. I CAME HERE TO SHOP, NOT TO GOSSIP.
 
Author. 
I didn't notice it myself, but I have a fleeting memory of how, after these words, the cashier, who had always been so nice to me and who always picked the freshest products for Nika and me, had barely noticeable tears in her eyes. She silently punched in all the goods, no longer looking up at me. 
 
Yura 
No need for the rest! 
 
*Bell sounds when the door is closed
 
 
Frame 6
*Dark room with a computer 
 
Author. 
It was dark at home. I hadn't opened the curtains for probably a month. But this atmosphere was many times more pleasant than the meaningless sunlight. 
My head was still chaotic. 
I needed help. 
Out of the corner of my ear, I heard my phone vibrate in my jacket pocket, but I didn't care. I was running to the computer, I was running home. 
 
Frame 7 
*Monitor screen
 
\\/0\\//K ODyNak
Oh, hello, The_Fool. What took you so long today? 
 
The_Fool
Guys, I urgently need your help!
 
S1gmaN
What happened, my friend? Of course, we're going to help you. 
 
The_Fool
The thing is, I've just been to the set. You know, the one I was telling you about. 
 
\\/0\\//K ODyNak
Fuck, dude, why did you go to that site? You seemed to have already closed the question. 
 
The_Fool
I closed it, I just... I don't know. Something pulled me there and I saw Nika there. 
 
S1gmaN
I hope you sent her away.
 
The_Fool
No, she did not see me. And this is not the main thing at all. She was there with Vlad. The Vlad who killed my brother, the Vlad who used to pick on me as a child. The Vlad who almost sent me to prison. She was there with him!!!! 
 
\\/0\\//K ODyNak
Wow... Actually, I assumed this option at the very beginning. But I decided to believe what you said about Nika and concluded that she couldn't fall for such a thing. Oh how you were wrong. 
 
S1gmaN
She's an unrealistic whore, bro! 
 
The_Fool
Explain to me no! What is this b ulo. I don't understand anything! My head is in chaos! It's just nonsense! The things she said, the words that came out of her filthy mouth, how is this even possible?!!! She was talking nicely to him! WITH THE MAN WHO DESTROYED MY FAMILY'S HAPPINESS!!!! 
 
 
\\/0\\//K ODyNak
Calm down. Hold your horses! 
 
The_Fool
She said she wanted this place to be special for them! FOR THEM! FOR THEM! SHE DIDN'T SAY A WORD ABOUT ME! I DON'T EXIST. I DON'T EXIST AND WE NEVER EXISTED, ALL THAT TIME, NOTHING, EVERYTHING BURNED, EVERYTHING DESTROYED. WHAT THE HELL!!!!
 
Author. 
Thoughts began to fall into logical series. Hegel believed that logic could be subjective, so they were laid down in subjective series. 
It seemed like I was going crazy. My eyes were bleeding more and more with every word I wrote. 
 
\\/0\\//K ODyNak
Whoa, wait a second! I understand you're in pain, you're even angry! And that's fine. Just don't take it out on us. Look at it this way. Maybe you can use all the anger you have to punish the perpetrators. 
 
The_Fool
What are you talking about? What am I supposed to do? 
 
 \\/0\\//K ODyNak
There's no point in waiting any longer! You are perfectly ready to take revenge. Take all the hatred that is inside you, all the pain, and return it a hundredfold to its owner. Or rather, to Vlad and Nika. Use everything you've learned and destroy them!
 It's not fair that their joy, happiness and new lives will be built on the ashes left behind by your agony. 
Now we'll think about everything in detail!
 
Author. 
My phone rang. The ringtone sounded throughout the room. 
 
*ringtone playing in the background 
 
Author. 
He was banging into the walls, drilling into my eardrums with a drill. 
 
Yura 
Who is calling? Who has nothing better to do? 
 
Author. 
I left my phone in my jacket in the hallway. I need to get to it and turn it off. So that this terrible sound stops. 
Staggering and almost falling due to hellish dizziness, I reached the phone. 
 
Yura
The guy who asked me stupid questions in the morning calls. 
 
*Sound 26*
 
Frame 8
*A phone ringing in the dark
 
Choice 
⦁ Pick up the phone 
⦁Reset 
 
If you reset 
 
*Sound 26*
 
*The phone rings again
⦁ Pick up the phone 
⦁Reset 
 
*Sound 26*
 
If you reset 
⦁ Pick up the phone 
⦁ Pick up the phone 
 
Yura 
YOU'RE A FUCKING IDIOT FOR CALLING!!! 
 
An unfamiliar voice 
Yura . 
 
Yura 
WHAT? 
 
An unfamiliar voice
Try to listen to me carefully now, okay? 
 
Yura 
I DON'T WANT TO LISTEN TO ANYONE!!! GET OFF ME, WHAT DO YOU WANT? YOU'RE THE REASON I WENT TO THAT DAMN PLAYGROUND. 
 
An unfamiliar voice 
You decided to go there yourself. I didn't make the decision.
 
Yura 
But it's you! IT'S YOU! 
 
An unfamiliar voice 
It's my fault, and it's Nika's fault, and it's Vlad's fault. 
Yura! 
 
Yura 
YES! YOU'RE GUILTY AND THAT FUCKING WHORE IS GUILTY. 
 
Author.
With all the strength I had in me, I hit the shelf that we had been assembling together with Nika for two hours. 
 
*Sound 27*
 
*[rumbling sound] 
 
An unfamiliar voice 
Now it's the furniture's fault too. The main thing is that you, Yura, are not to blame for anything. The truth is . 
 
Yura
WHAT DID I DO? WHAT DID I DO?! I'VE JUST ALWAYS BEEN ME. HOW AM I TO BLAME FOR MY BROTHER'S DEATH? !!!!! WHAT ABOUT THE FACT THAT THIS FOOL COULDN'T SORT OUT HER THOUGHTS, CONSTANTLY FIXATED ON HER FATHER AND BECAUSE OF THIS, SHE UNDERMINED HER EMOTIONAL STATE???? 
WHAT ABOUT THE FACT THAT THE ONLY THING SHE THOUGHT OF WAS TO HANG HERSELF AROUND THE NECK OF SUCH A ROTTEN PERSON AS VLAD???? WHERE IS MY FAULT??????? 
YOU'RE SO GOOD AT QUOTING, SO MAYBE IT'S YOUR TURN TO ANSWER QUESTIONS???!!!!!!!!!!!
 
An unfamiliar voice 
Trusting someone is always a risk. Losing someone is painful. 
Of course, you're not guilty of any of the things you've listed. 
 
Yura 
SO WHY DON'T YOU JUST BACK OFF? I DIDN'T HURT ANYONE. I DIDN'T RUIN ANYONE'S LIFE. I DIDN'T CHEAT, I DIDN'T LIE, I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG! I WAS JUST TRYING TO MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY! I WANTED TO BUILD A FUCKING HOUSE WITH A TERRACE WHERE EVERYONE COULD LIVE! I WANTED A NICE PATH IN THE BACKYARD THAT WENT INTO THE WOODS, A NICE LITTLE PATH. MAYBE ONE DAY I'D WALK DOWN IT WITH MY SON OR DAUGHTER, WHATEVER. 
THAT WAS THE ONLY THING I WANTED. FOR EVERYONE TO FEEL GOOD, FOR ME TO FEEL GOOD. 
AND HOW DID IT TURN OUT? HOW? TELL ME WHAT? WHERE DID I GO WRONG? WHAT'S MY FAULT? !!!! IF I MADE A SINGLE MISTAKE!!!! IF THERE WAS A SINGLE MOMENT WHERE I MADE A MISTAKE! IF I'M REALLY TO BLAME FOR ALL THIS, I'LL END IT RIGHT AWAY!!!!
 
An unfamiliar voice 
I told you. It's not your fault. You said it yourself. Nika just had a crisis and couldn't deal with everything. Vlad was a stupid teenager with family problems. He just fell in with the wrong crowd. 
And the fact that they are now close to Nika is not your fault either.
 
Yura 
SO WHY DOES IT HURT ME? WHY CAN'T I SLEEP, EAT, DO THE THINGS I LIKE, GO TO CLASS, AND JUST FUCKING LIVE? WHY? 
 
An unfamiliar voice 
Because you were sincere, you were honest, you were loving, attentive and caring. 
 
Yura
WHAT!?!!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND I GOT ALL THIS SHIT BECAUSE I'M HONEST. 
 
An unfamiliar voice 
Sometimes it happens. It's not even a mistake, it's just a bad decision, that you decided to run away. It's normal. It's our instinct to run away if we feel threatened. 
 
Yura 
WHERE WAS I RUNNING FROM? HERE I AM. I EVEN WENT TO THIS STUPID, FILTHY, ROTTEN PLAYGROUND. 
 
An unfamiliar voice 
And thanks to this, you are one step closer to feeling better. 
 
Yura 
AM I BETTER?! MY VOICE SOUNDS "BETTER" ON THE PHONE NOW ???? 
"BETTER" THAN IT SOUNDED IN THE MORNING, BETTER?!???!!!!!!!? BETTER?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? 
 
*sound of hitting the wall* 
 
Author. 
Everything was floating. I couldn't concentrate on anything. I wanted to hit the walls, break everything, or just fall down and not move. The only thing that broke through this madness was the voice of that stranger. 
 
An unfamiliar voice 
Listen to me. Try to hear me now, okay? You are in pain right now. It's probably hard to think of anything worse than what happened to you in your situation. Even if I turned on all my imagination, I couldn't think of a nightmare for you that was worse than this. 
Nika left. You planned to start a family with her, you supported and loved her, and she left. She left for a guy who has already done a lot of damage to you. And all this is really disgusting. If I wanted to hurt a person, I would have chosen a more humane way than this. 
But none of this matters. It doesn't matter against the background of the fact that you decided to lose. Think about it. You believed in something. You believed in your mom's smile when you came home from school and your dad from work. You believed in your dad's genuine joy when you built Lego together. You believed that the sunrise was beautiful and that swimming in the sea was fun and pleasant. You believed that the guy you stopped practicing with would become a great chess player if he just learned a few openings and took his time. 
You believed that being honest was the right thing to do. Because all the people you like are honest. 
You believed that being sincere was the right thing to do. You believed in inner freedom and outer freedom, you believed in love, you believed in kindness and in joy. 
There are not many people like you! You had the foundation of your beliefs, you knew what was right and wrong for you. That's a big responsibility, Yura! 
Not everyone can get here. 
And owning it all! You just ran away. Just think about it, Yura! You were broken by the hormones of a confused girl. 
I don't mean to offend her, really, but what else, Yura? An abstraction like honesty, value, or belief? And Nick. What is more important, what is stronger? 
The world was just testing you. Shit happens, what can you do about it?
You said yourself that you would finish everything, so if you are afraid of this pain, finish it, because it will be the same, maybe even worse. 
You love your mom, don't you? One day she's going to die, and there's nothing you can do about it. 
Your father is going to die. And there's nothing you can do about it. 
I will say more - you will die. Tomorrow or in many years. I don't know for sure, but I don't think it's very pleasant to die. 
And even though this is a trivial question, Yura, answer me. Answer my question for once! If you die, is there any point in living or not? А? 
 
Author. 
He spoke for so long that I ran out of energy. I just leaned on the wall behind me and stared at one point, listening to this guy's words. 
 
Yura 
I don't know. I really don't. It hurts so much inside. I just want this pain to go away. 
 
An unfamiliar voice 
That's already better! Now you just answered sideways, not ignored me as usual.  
Listen. You've been preparing for philosophy seminars, so I'm not going to repeat the basics. I'm just going to remind you once again that if you hadn't come into this world, you would never have played chess. And you love it. You wouldn't have been building Lego with your dad and playing with dough while your mom was out of the kitchen. 
You know, when you grow up and find out that Santa Claus doesn't exist, it's sad. There's a little less happiness in the world, right? 
 
Yura 
I burst into tears when I learned that he was gone. 
 
An unfamiliar voice. 
Yeah, I cried too). However, I then thought that there is much more magic in the fact that grown men and women all over the world get up at night and tiptoe to the Christmas tree to put presents for their children. What's the point of that? You can just give them away. You can just give it away!
Or maybe making someone you care about believe in magic and enchantment is what real magic is all about? And not some gray-haired old man with a beard? 
 
Yura 
How did you know? 
 
An unfamiliar voice. 
Your voice makes everything clear. It's obvious that you were inspired by this thought all the time. You wanted everyone to believe in Santa Claus, so to speak. 
It hurts where you care. It hurts where there is no answer to the question. It hurts where the door is not closed. 
You chose not to close them. 
Do you know how many people in this world need grandfather frosts? 
 
Yura 
No... 
 
An unfamiliar voice 
Many of them. So maybe it's time to close the door? To draw conclusions. You can cry some more if you want. Hit the wall a few more times, but not too hard, I don't remember which one is made of plasterboard, the apartment is rented after all.  
But it's time to come back to yourself. Don't you think so? I had forgotten...
 
Author. 
My phone was out of juice. 
 
Yura 
I wonder what that asshole wanted to say. 
 
Author. 
I feel like he took some of my anger with him when he disappeared on the other end of the line. Or maybe I was just really tired. Shit. I have guys waiting for me there. 
 
Frame 9 
*Computer monitor
 
\\/0\\//K ODyNak
Where have you been for so long? While you were away, we had already thought of everything. You need to go to the institute and humiliate them. You must have some dirt on Nick. You can tell it to the dean's office or just to your classmates, so that everyone starts mocking her. And it's better to just beat Vlad up, if you can't give him back his existential pain, then let him just get away with a very strong physical one. 
 
The_Fool
I have a hell of a headache. I'm so tired from today. Can we continue tomorrow? 
 
S1gmaN
What happened to your passion? You wanted to take revenge on them so fiercely. Come to your senses. We have to go now! 
 
\\/0\\//K ODyNak
Yes! And while you're gone. We will collect all the information that is available on them on the Internet, try to hack their emails and so on. Physical retribution will not be enough! 
 
S1gmaN
Cool!!!! I didn't expect today to be so interesting. 
 
The_Fool
Wait, guys! Don't do anything, please. I've made up my mind. I will meet with them today, but that will be enough. 
 
\\/0\\//K ODyNak
Wow! Our little bird finally decided to fly out of the nest. Ohhh Proud! 
Just don't kill him there... 
 
The_Fool
Yes, thank you. I'll do everything from here. I'll write to you when it's over. Thank you, guys. 
 
Author. 
My head hurt a little less, but still, everything around me was a little dizzy. I just wanted to close my eyes and fall into infinity. 
The pain did not leave my body, but now there was peace in the background. 
This magical feeling seemed to beckon me to come closer, but in order to do so, I had to get through the images of Nika and Vlad. And that meant only one thing.
I need to meet with them, otherwise I will not have peace. 
 
Yura 
But what to say? What to do when I them? 
 
CHOICE! 
⦁ TO TAKE REVENGE ON THE NICHOLAS AND THE AUTHORITIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
⦁ "Close the door and move on" 
 
 
If you selected "Close the door and move on"
 
 
Author. 
We need to write to Nika and arrange a meeting. 
However, it turned out that it was 2 am. 
Rather late, but who cares? At the moment, I was determined to finally close this issue and not be distracted by all sorts of trifles. 
 
Yura 
"Hi, are you awake? I hope you're awake, we need to meet! As soon as possible" 
Send a message. 
 
Author. 
The answer came almost instantly. 
 
Nika 
I'm not sleeping....... Where have you been all this time? Why didn't you answer my calls? Why haven't you been coming to class, everyone in the group is worried and bothering me with questions. 
 
Yura 
I'll tell you when we meet. Can you do it now? 
 
Nika 
Wait, it's two in the morning. How can we meet? I want to talk too, I have so much to tell you. But can't it wait until the morning? 
  
Yura 
No, let's do it right now. You're also gnawing at this uncertainty, aren't you? 
 
Nika 
Yeah. It turns out that you are too. 
 
Yura 
Yeah. So let's decide everything now. And take Vlad with you, please. 
 
Nika 
What? What do you mean, Vlad? 
 
Yura 
You don't have to lie to me. He's with you right now. Wake him up and take him with you. 
 
Nika
Good.... Where will we meet? At our place? 
 
Yura 
I don't think it would be appropriate. At the Institute, they are not closing our building. I will be waiting for you in room 306. 
 
Nika 
Okay. I'll text you when we get out. 
 
Author. 
Nika paused as usual after saying goodbye, waiting for me or her to say the same three words. But it was no longer possible. I simply hung up the phone. 
 
Frame 10 
*Slideshow of the streets to the unic and a stop on the street near the unic*. 
 
Author. 
It hasn't even begun to dawn. It's a bit creepy to come here so early. But we had to finish everything. 
I did not fully realize what was going to happen and what I was going to say. But I was sure that everything would happen as it should. 
 
*Sound 23*
 
*Message sound 
 
Author. 
Nika writes that they are out and will be here soon. I think I'll go inside. 
 
 
*Frame 11
*Audience 
 
*Sound 28*
 
Author. 
I took a seat in the front row. It was as if I wasn't the one who was supposed to go up to the board. 
All the excitement was gone, the fear was gone, everything was gone. Only emptiness remained. But this empty darkness gave off notes of calm and peace. It would all be over soon. 
 
*Sound 29
 
*door opening sound* 
 
Nika 
Hello, Yura. 
 
Vlad
Yes, hello. 
 
Author. 
I looked around at the couple and everything inside me shrank. It seemed that I had won until the fight, but it seemed to start all over again. 
 
Yura 
Yes, sit down. 
 
Nika 
Where were you all this time! Why didn't you answer me, I was worried about you. I thought you had decided to do something bad to yourself. I couldn't find a place to go, I hardly slept all this time. Why do you look so broken? Yura! Answer me!
 
Yura 
I did. I thought about it. But that's not what I wanted to talk about. Vlad, tell me how it happened, huh? 
 
Vlad 
What are you talking about?
 
Yura 
You came with Nika. I don't think she's staying with you for nothing. Answer me both, just why? 
 
Nika 
Why? 
 
Yura 
Why did you choose him out of all the men in the world? Why so quickly? 
Just why? Why after everything that happened? Why? 
 
Nika 
Я ..... I don't know....... Forgive me.... 
 
Vlad
It just happened. Nika was very sad after you broke up, and I just wanted to make amends to her as well. 
 
Yura 
А. You don't have to go on. It just all spun out and here you are together, right? 
 
Vlad 
Well, something like that. 
 
Yura 
Doesn't anything bother you? Okay, I get it. Shit happens, but it's like... How do you even tolerate yourself? 
Here you are, Nika. Only a month later, or maybe even earlier, I hanged myself around the neck of not a random guy, but Vlad.  I've hated him with all my heart since kindergarten, and after the situation two years ago, not without reason. 
And you are Vlad. You wanted to get forgiveness from me for what you did, even though it wasn't me you should have asked for it. But you got it, and after that you started hanging out with my girlfriend behind my back. 
How do you explain this to yourself? Why did it happen this way? 
 
Nika 
... 
 
Vlad 
Yura,... 
 
Yura 
THINK CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU SAY SOMETHING! 
The fact that this happened was not just an accident. 
You both cared so much about my condition, worried so much, and in the end what did you do? You probably did the most painful thing of all.
Is this a special offer? Excuse me, where do they sell knives in the back? WHERE TO GO? 
 
Nika 
IT'S NOT LIKE THAT! I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG! I'M JUST MESSED UP, I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT I WAS DOING. AFTER THE TALK ON THE PLAYFIELD, I WAS SCARED THAT I COULD LOSE YOU. I thought about it all the time and I felt like I was being pushed away from you. I knew that it was stupid, that it was wrong, and that I really loved you, but every time I saw you, when I talked to you, I wanted to run away. I was hurt by all this, I had CHAOS IN MY HEAD! That's when Vlad came along. 
 
Vlad 
I don't mean to offend you, Yura. But I just didn't cause her problems like you did. We were just having fun and being interesting together. 
 
Nika 
NOT LIKE THAT! You didn't give me any trouble. Just...... It was easy for me with Vlad. Only with him could I get away from everything. I didn't want to break up with you, I thought it was just a temporary phase and everything would get better in a while. Vacations would start, or something would happen and everything would suddenly be normal. 
 
Yura 
A very wise move, Nika! How do you like the result? Did everything work out as you planned? 
 
Nika 
OF COURSE NOT! 
 
Yura 
What about you, Vlad? 
 
Vlad 
You know! I know that I am guilty before you and your family. I did a terrible thing in the past. If it weren't for me, your brother would still be alive. 
You can hate me for the rest of your life, and I will always be guilty. Only death can wash it away from me. But Nika's choice, no matter what the reason, is now. What am I supposed to tell her? Go away? Don't bother me? Grieve and go through your crises alone? 
 
Yura 
First of all, please don't ever talk about my brother. And secondly, that's exactly what you're supposed to do! YOU'RE THE STORM OF THE STREETS, YOU SHOULD KNOW ALL YOUR UGLY CONCEPTS! 
 
Vlad
I did wrong to you, I don't argue. But in relation to myself and Nika, my actions are right. If you want, you can take out all your anger on me. You can beat me as much as you want if it makes you feel better. But this alone will not resurrect your brother and bring Nika back. 
 
*Sounds 30, 31, 32
 
*The camera shakes a little bit
 
Author. 
The first blow 
The second blow 
The third blow 
Fourth strike, fifth strike, sixth strike. 
Vlad was already on the floor, and my punches landed on his head over and over again. 
Seven, eight, nine. 
 
Nika 
YURA STOP!!! PLEASE!!!!!
 
Author. 
Ten, eleven, twelve. 
I hear nothing and feel nothing. There is silence all around. There is only me, the emptiness and my hands, which land on Vlad's head over and over again. 
 
Nika 
YURA!!!!!!!!!!
 
Author. 
Who is shouting? 
Thirteen 
 
Nika 
YURA, PLEASE STOP! STOP IT! 
 
Author. 
Fourteen. 
What am I doing? Why? 
 
 
Nika 
(ROARS) PLEASE DON'T!!!!!!
 
*Sound 8 (3)
 
Author. 
My ears rang sharply! Fifteen..... 
No, instead of the fifteenth blow, I looked up and saw Nika's face. 
I never told her that. But I fell in love with her the day I met her. I loved her for all those 15 years and continued to love her now. I loved the way she squinted when the sunlight hit her face. I loved the way she smiled and laughed at my jokes. I liked the mint tea she made. I liked her cute braids that she wore almost every day. I loved the way she was embarrassed and angry. I literally loved everything about her. 
No. I'm lying. I do. I like it all now. 
Instead of the fifteenth blow, I looked up and saw the girl I had loved almost all my life looking at me like a monster. 
Like a wild animal that broke free of its chain and began to destroy everything around it. 
Shit! What am I doing? 
 
Nika 
YURA, PLEASE, ENOUGH! LEAVE HIM. LET'S GO HOME! LET'S GO BACK TO THE WAY THINGS WERE. JUST DON'T KILL HIM. 
 
Yura 
I have to go. 
 
Nika 
STOP! WHERE ARE YOU GOING? !!!! 
 
Author. 
Do I look like a monster???? I urgently need to see myself. Am I a monster? 
 
 
Frame 12
*A black and white photo of a toilet with a black plate on top of it with text on it*.
 
Author. 
Not realizing what was happening to me, I ran into the restroom of our university on the first floor. 
The door creaked slightly and quickly closed, probably because of the open window. 
It was an old building, built during the Soviet era, so the toilets were ordinary with these ridiculous holes in the floor instead of toilets. The sinks stood in an even row across from each other, with traces of fresh paint on the rusty pipes. The first rays of the sun were breaking through the window, which was covered with metal bars.
The smell of chlorine merged with the aroma of morning freshness, creating an unusual bouquet that made me shudder.
 
Yura
What am I even doing here? 
How did I end up here? 
I HAVE TO SEE MYSELF!
 
Author. 
I looked at the window again. The morning landscape of the courtyard, seen through the bars, caused me unprecedented fear. 
 
Yura
What is this nonsense? I need to wash my face and come to my senses. 
I lowered my head to turn on the water tap. 
 
Author. 
I heard the sound of water and looked at my hands.
My ears were ringing like hell.
My head began to split. As if someone or something had decided to download terabytes of information into it. 
 
 
Frame 13
*Yura tries to wash the substance off his hands (the sound of a light bulb flickering is heard in the background). The color of the image changes from color to black and white in time with the sound of the light bulb, as if a switch is being flipped. In the black and white version, there are no traces of blood*. 
 
Yura 
What's wrong with them? What is this red, viscous substance on them? What happened? Where did this come from? 
We need to wash it off quickly! What is this! 
Why does nothing wipe off? 
 
Author.
I needed to come to my senses. To calm down and understand what had happened. To remember all the details. Calm down and figure out what to do. I needed to wash my face and calm down. 
 
Yura 
Calm down! Come to your senses. It's okay. It's okay. It's just a dream, it's just a dream, it's okay. It's okay. 
Okay. 
Good Good Good Good Good 
Everything will be fine. 
Breathe. 
The main thing is to breathe. 
 
Author. 
I raised my head to look at myself. I needed to see myself. 
 
*How quickly does the frame of emoji Yuri and regular Yuri switch between the two?
 
Scene 2 
 
Frame 1
*Black background floats a little bit 
 
Author. 
Darkness. 
Nothing is visible. 
Nothing is heard. 
As if I were in the womb. 
It was as if someone had heard my subconscious pleading and pressed the reboot button. 
I hear a voice. 
Mom? 
No... 
 
A voice from the void 
Are you satisfied? (in the background, the sound of eerie laughter) 
 
 
Yura 
Who are you? And where am I now? Am I dead?
 
A voice from the void 
Selfishly.... How do you like the reflection in the mirror? 
 
Yura 
And what's there? 
 
A voice from the void 
Didn't you consider it? 
 
Yura 
A monster? 
 
A voice from the void 
A monster? 
 
Yura
...
 
A voice from the void 
What do you want to see there? 
 
Yura 
Who I am. 
 
A voice from the void 
And who are you? 
 
Yura 
Nika looked at me like a monster. 
 
A voice from the void 
So you're a monster? 
 
Yura 
Am I a monster? 
 
A voice from the void 
You tell me. 
 
Yura 
Я...............
Я... 
I am a human being 
 
A voice from the void 
Who is who? 
 
Я 
I'm a human being. That's right! I'm not a monster, I'm a human being! 
 
A voice from the void 
Are you sure? Who did Nika see? 
 
Я 
She saw me. Me, the man . Not a monster! 
I can be angry, sad, cry, I can make mistakes and hurt others, but I am still a human being! 
I am a human being! 
 
A voice from the void 
Say it louder
 
 Я 
I am a human being! 
 
A voice from the void 
Even louder! 
 
Я 
I AM A HUMAN BEING! I AM HUMAN! I AM HUMAN! 
I am a human being and I want to live on. I want to build a house with a path from the backyard to the forest. I want to have breakfast with my family on the terrace on weekends. 
I AM A HUMAN BEING! 
 
A voice from the void 
This place is only for monsters, so even though you're having fun with you, you need to leave. 
 
Frame 2
*light in the middle of the frame, as if from the sun's rays* animation 
 
Frame 3
*Yura looks at himself in the mirror.
 
Yura 
I am human.... I don't look like a monster at all. HA HA I'M NOT A MONSTER! 
 
Author. 
We had to do something urgently. 
I picked up my phone and started typing. It was a post in which I de-anonymized all those guys from the forum. After we started to communicate closely, they didn't really hide their names and personal information. Maybe I'm taking too much on myself, but they should at least somehow be held accountable for all the things they did. 
 
Yura 
Yes! That was the first step! Now we need to do something else. 
 
Author. 
It was good that the stranger's number was among the last dialed numbers and I didn't have to look for it for a long time. 
 
*beeps* 
 
An unfamiliar voice 
Hello. 
 
Yura 
Hello! 
 
An unfamiliar voice. 
You sound so spirited for 5 in the morning! What's wrong?
 
Yura 
I decided to do what you said. I went to meet Nika to close the door. 
 
An unfamiliar voice 
Congratulations! How did it go, did you manage to close? 
 
Yura 
Not yet! But I managed to find something better! Wait. 
In general, I wanted to start by saying thank you. If it wasn't for you, I would have done terrible and disgusting things. You could say that you saved me from myself. 
And in honor of my return to the world of the living, maybe we can meet? Have a cup of coffee? I don't know what you like. 
 
An unfamiliar voice 
I like cold coffee in cans, you know, the kind you get in anime from vending machines. 
 
Yura 
Cool! I love it too. It's not everywhere, but I just love it! 
 
An unfamiliar voice 
I adore him too! 
 
Yura 
So let's meet and have this coffee. I really want to thank you. 
 
An unfamiliar voice 
Yes, go ahead, even now. 
 
Yura 
Great! ........ Huh. But wait. .... 
You're not coming anyway, are you? 
 
An unfamiliar voice 
Hah no I won't)))) 
 
Yura 
Oh, shit! I knew it. So you already know everything. 
 
An unfamiliar voice 
Yes)
 
Yura 
Well then, goodbye, stranger! 
 
An unfamiliar voice 
Goodbye, man! Just tell me, I wonder what you're going to do next? 
 
Yura 
First, I have to fix everything I did while cowardly hiding behind someone else's mask, and then... Well, you know.
An unfamiliar voice 
I think it's a great plan! Just remember, being a Santa Claus is good for you too, right? 
 
Yura 
Of course! 
 
An unfamiliar voice 
I will see to it! 
 
Frame 4
*audience
 
Author. 
I went into the classroom to check on Vlad and Nika. 
 
Nika 
Where did you run to?
 
Yura 
I'm sorry. I had to come to my senses. What about Vlad?
 
Nika 
He is fine. His nose is broken and he has a lot of abrasions, but otherwise he is fine. 
 
Yura 
Where is he? 
 
Nika 
He took a taxi to the emergency room, because the ambulance decided not to come to our call. And Vlad quickly regained consciousness. 
 
Yura 
I'll have to apologize to him tomorrow in class. Why didn't you go with him? 
 
Nika 
I was waiting for you. 
 
Yura 
Why? 
 
Nika 
I was worried. I had never seen you like this. I was scared. 
 
Yura 
Please forgive me for scaring you. I was just a little out of it. I can even say literally. 
 
Nika
I am so sorry. I've made so many mistakes. I've hurt you, even brought you to this point. I didn't mean any of this. I don't even know what I was hoping for. 
 
Yura 
I also messed up a lot. Nothing can be done about it. It's not because of you that I was like that, it's just that I needed to do it a long time ago. You can't keep negative emotions inside) Honestly, I feel great. 
 
Nika 
I'm happy for you... Listen. I wanted to tell you something else. 
 
Yura 
What? 
 
Nika 
I realized my mistakes and understood what I needed to do to fix them, and as I said, the problem was not you, not my father, and not the institute, but rather myself. 
 
Yura 
Yeah. I know. 
 
Nika 
And I... You know, my feelings for you, well, they're... 
 
Yura 
My feelings for you have not disappeared either. 
 
Nika
I was afraid that you hated me. 
 
Yura
Remember, I swore when I was a kid that this was forever. The problems that happened between us did not destroy it. It was only because of you that I didn't beat Vlad to death. 
 
Nika 
Then maybe we should try to start all over again? Can we be together again, like we always have been? I understand that everything will not be the same as before, but we are not the same as yesterday either. 
 
Yura 
Maybe we can try it. Let's talk about it later. I just have other things I want to do right now. 
 
Nika 
Where are you going? 
 
Yura 
I have to go outside now! 
 
Nika 
Will you call me? 
 
Yura 
Yes, probably. 
 
Nika 
I'll be waiting. 
 
Yura 
Bye! 
 
*Sound 13*
 
Frame 5 
*slideshow of all the street locks that have been 
 
Yura
Ha! It's so good. 
 
Author.
Everything disappeared at once and I didn't care about anything at all. All the pain was gone. 
My face, my human face, was being blown by a cold autumn morning wind. 
I remember another quote, a philosopher said it there, I don't remember his name. It goes something like this: 
"If you get married, you will regret it, and if you don't get married, you will regret it. So marry or don't marry, you will regret it anyway. You will regret it anyway. Whether you laugh at the stupidity of this world, you will regret it, or cry over it, you will also regret it. So whether you cry or laugh, you will regret it anyway. In any case, you will regret it anyway. If you hang yourself, you will regret it, and if you don't hang yourself, you will regret it too. So hang yourself or not, you will regret it anyway. You will regret it anyway. 
 This, gentlemen, is the wisdom of life... Whether it does or not, you will regret it anyway." 
I liked this quote, except that I had no regrets. So I will add to it. 
"In any case, you will regret it. What do you need to do to avoid regret? 
It's simple - stop regretting!"
 
THE END! 
0