Chapter 24
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was Kang Hyeok, the only son of Daemyoung Group Chairman Kang Geon-im.

He was a talent who had followed an elite path both domestically and internationally since his childhood.

Kang Geonim naturally began to raise his only son as the successor to Daemyoung Group, but Kang Hyeok's dream lay elsewhere. He said he would not do anything if he was not an actor, even though he was a child. Despite the opposition of his family, Kang Hyeok, who had inherited his father's stubbornness, never gave up his will.

In response, Kang Geonim eventually gave in,

"Fine. But you have to be the best. Don't even start if you're not prepared for that."

The chairman said that no one should be able to surpass you and that you should not tarnish the company's name. He said that if you are planning to just fade into the background of the group without any talent, you should quit.

Kang Hyeok never had any such thoughts in the first place.

He, who has been trained by world-renowned masters in acting and gained practical experience, has never been criticized for his skills.

He was always the protagonist wherever he went. He was confident in his acting, so he had never felt jealous or envious of anyone.

Actor Kingdom.

Kang Hyeok, who didn't know that he was the pre-determined winner or that the program was originally created for him, turned the stage upside down with his true skills.

The judges' compliments poured in. He didn't feel particularly proud or anything. It was only natural. For him, who had a wealth of experience competing with actual actors since he was a child, Actor Kingdom was child's play.

But then,

"It's been canceled."

"Why?"

"I don't know. I heard he did a separate performance for about 20 minutes. The judges' faces were priceless. They all turned pale."

The rumor circulating among the participants wasn't his.

Kang Hyeok was searching the internet for the boy's name without realizing it.

According to a few articles, he was being called a bumpkin from the countryside.

He had never felt this way about anyone his age before.

He couldn't just sit and wait. His body moved on its own, searching for the boy.

"So, what did you do on the show?"

Kang Hyeok asked.

"What did you do? People are saying that the show was canceled because of you."

"I didn't do anything. I just did what they told me to do."

Kang Hyeok raised one eyebrow at that answer.

'He's deliberately not saying anything.'

He began to tell Junwoo about the audition he had judged to provoke him.

From the reason he chose extra Lee Min-jun to the performance he showed and the audience's reaction.

"What did you do to make the judges turn pale?"

He thought Junwoo would want to brag about his teaching at this point, but...

"You thought of that? That's amazing. So?"

Junwoo was listening attentively, nodding his head.

'What is this? I didn't expect this reaction.'

Junwoo's face was like urging him to say more.

Was his story that shocking? Clearing his throat, Kang Hyeok began to ramble on in earnest.

Junwoo gave him reactions in between.

But as time went on,

"So, you meant to convey powerlessness, not fear in that line."

"Huh? Yeah, I guess... What's so surprising about that?"

I wonder if he really doesn't know. It feels like I'm being made fun of. He sounds like an uncle reacting to his nephew.

"It's because it's a broadcast, so I had to consider the judges' reactions."

"...Yeah."

"I couldn't help it. The stage is limited."

"What I'm saying is true."

Kang Hyeok was giving incoherent and dishonest answers without even realizing it.

Kang Hyeok felt strangely defeated as the words about his main stage kept hitting him like a hammer.

"Wait. I'm defeated? By this country bumpkin?"

For the first time since he was a child, Kang Hyeok felt embarrassed about his acting in front of someone. He was starting to feel competitive. Then, he suddenly realized,

But why am I doing this?'

He felt like he had already lost even though he hadn't discovered anything yet.

"So, what did you do?"

"But I think there's a reason why the other participants couldn't see it. They didn't want to be disqualified for violating the rules."

*Blinking.*

Kang Hyeok, who had been talking all this time, suddenly became the violator. What the hell is this? Kang Hyeok felt wronged. It felt like he had been cheated.

"If you're curious, watch the broadcast."

Junwoo said that and walked away leisurely.

Kang Hyeok stood there blankly. When he thought about it, there wasn't a single wrong word in the things that kid had just thrown out.

If he had been able to think that far ahead before the audition, he would have had a much better quality stage. Kang Hyeok had no choice but to admit it.

When was the first broadcast? He wanted to see that kid's acting as soon as possible.

He shouted to Junwoo's back as he walked away.

"Hey! We're going to have a real fight next time, okay?"

It was the first time he had ever wanted to compete with someone seriously.

Of course, it was just his own thoughts.

***

The next day,

"Man, it's so hard to get a glimpse of your face these days."

Mansik came to the front of the Actor Kingdom dorm.

Junwoo's eyes widened when he spotted him making his way up here all by himself.

"Why are you here?"

"Everyone else is having a hard time because of you, but I don't know anything. I couldn't help but be curious."

Mansik's face was exhausted as if he had been cutting back on sleep to come here.

The two of them sat down on a bench around the building.

"How's the theater doing these days?"

"It's doing well, thanks to you. But it's just busy, and it's not fun without you. Oh, by the way."

Mansik started talking about the visit from Yoo Sang-jun.

"Yesterday, Yoo Sangjun came to the theater. He wants to sign you in 'KOS.' Apparently, they're planning a drama there."

"KOS? What's that?"

"It's an idol agency. It's the biggest company in Korea in terms of scale."

"Oh, idols."

Junwoo didn't ask any further, as if he wasn't interested.

Suddenly, Mansik felt a slight curiosity.

"So, do you sing?"

"...Sing?"

Why did he ask that all of a sudden? Junwoo narrowed his eyes as he tried to remember when he had last sung. Hmm. He couldn't remember clearly. As Junwoo was thinking about this, Mansik noticed something behind him.

Just then, the stage of the idol group Unix was playing on the billboard on the building.

One of the members blew a kiss to the camera and winked repeatedly.

Mansik tried to imagine Junwoo in that place for a moment.

"..."

"What's that look on your face?"

"It's nothing. I just asked a silly question."

Junwoo, who had been lost in thought for a moment, said,

"I didn't think he'd go back there again."

"I sent him back for now, but I got a copy of the contract. You should take a look too..."

"No thanks. Why would I need to look at it?"

Huh? Mansik, who was rummaging through his briefcase, stopped.

"Who else would look at this?"

"You'll take care of it, right?"

"It doesn't matter what happens?"

Junwoo laughed as if he couldn't believe it.

"Of course not. It's just that you know better than me about that kind of thing."

No. Mansik knew Junwoo. He would have asked him even more if he wasn't so sure.

When he thought about it, Junwoo had been avoiding any involvement with the many offers from agencies.

He had thought Junwoo was just being lazy, but he had actually been trusting Mansik.

Mansik, who had just realized this, was speechless for a while.

A moment later, he started to speak carefully, fearing that he might be a burden to the boy. He had never asked before.

"But you know," he said. "People are always trying to get you to sign with them. Have you ever thought about joining an agency?"

"An agency?"

"Yeah. If you're happy just acting like you are now, then you don't have to do it, but you don't seem like you're just doing this without thinking about it."

"Yeah."

"Do you have a goal?"

Mansik was honestly curious. He didn't seem like the type to want to be admired by the public or to be at the top of the acting world.

After a moment of thought, Junwoo gave an unexpected answer.

"I want to take someone with me."

"Someone?"

"Yeah. But now is not the time."

Junwoo had a look on his face that Mansik had never seen before.

"Not the time, huh?" Mansik thought. "It means he has to go up, even though I don't know what it is." He was even more convinced when he saw that face.

"...Actually, I was going to wait until the end of the program to tell you this."

"What?"

"I'm thinking of starting a company in Seoul."

"Are you cleaning up the theater?"

"Yeah. But I'm not going to decide on my own, though."

"...?"

"Then who will decide?" Junwoo looked confused.

"Junwoo," Mansik said, suddenly serious. "Do you want to leave your future to me?"

Mansik, who usually didn't even call him by his name, asked with a serious expression on his face.

It wasn't just a casual remark. He had a different aura from usual. It seemed like he had already come up with a detailed plan. He had never tried to force anything on Junwoo before, and he had always been careful. In his determined face, Junwoo could see the resolve that he had made during his time there.

"You know, my company will not be as big as NK, and I can't offer you a contract as good as your level right now. My connections in the entertainment industry are also limited. But at least I won't get in your way."

"..."

"I'm going to focus on taking care of you so you don't waste time on unnecessary things. Just do whatever you want. I think that's the best thing for you."

Junwoo looked like he didn't like it.

'I guess I was too hasty.'

Mansik, who was taken aback, quickly spoke up.

"Well, I just thought about it. I was worried that you might be tired of all the flies. You can ignore me if you want."

"You always say things like that."

"...Huh?"

"You always say it like you won't do it if I tell you not to."

Mansik was speechless.

"You're not usually such a timid person."

"That's because I know you're not someone I can handle, so I..."

Mansik was always the one to back down when it came to things that involved him. It was the man who had reignited his passion for acting. From Gil Junho to Actor Kingdom, if it weren't for him, he would still be working at a construction site.

He would have turned a blind eye if he had decided to use him like the others. Why would someone so greedy do that?

"Actually, I died once. You brought me back to life."

He had been thinking that? Mansik, who always felt guilty because he was the one who found the guy, suddenly felt overwhelmed.

"Stop trying to sell me off elsewhere after keeping me here. Just push through with your plans."

"You're really..."

"I never intended to leave for somewhere else, now or in the future."

That comment implied he had thought about the future. It seemed there was a reason why he hadn't acted hastily. Mansik momentarily thought of Junwoo's unresolved issues. Was he being considerate towards him?

"Okay. Even if something happens later, it's not your fault. So just focus on acting and..."

As Mansik was trying to figure out what to say to express his feelings to Junwoo, Junwoo got up from his seat as if he couldn't take it anymore.

"Where are you going, man...!"

"I don't know. Let's talk while we eat. I'm hungry."

"... You're just embarrassed right now."

"No, I'm not."

He wasn't. Mansik quickly followed Junwoo. A smile came to his face.

"But what should we call it? Junwoo Entertainment? Woojun Entertainment?"

"That's lame."

"Hmm. What about Mansikjunwoo for April Fools' Day?"

"..."

"Just kidding."

"I don't have to do it, right?"

"I said just kidding."

***

With the second round of the finals just around the corner, Park Jun-gil and Yoo Sang-jun were hurriedly revising the script in the conference room.

"Why didn't I think of this? That guy, Han Junwoo. He has a fatal flaw, you know?"

"What do you mean?"

"The truth is, talent isn't all that important in this business."

The second round was a team mission.

Yoo Sangjun listened to Park Jun-gil's explanation and checked the bracket he had drawn up again.

"Huh. Well, even for him, this will be a tough situation. This might be a good chance to firmly secure Kang Hyeok's position too."

"We have no choice. We can't take him lightly. You saw what he did, right? This time, we have to take him down for real."

"Yes, I'll keep that in mind."

Junwoo's team would be up against the team that Kang Hyeok was on.

Park Jun-gil thought to himself, "I need to get rid of that kid this time for sure."

Kang Hyeok's team was made up of a variety of participants who had already amassed a following before the program even started. These included rookies, idols, and SNS stars.

The second round of the mission will be judged based on popularity. 

Announcement

Author's Note

Ready to Conquer 10 Chapters? Challenge accepted! Show your ToodatFiction passion - like, comment, rate, and screenshot your support. Earn your VIP badge and unlock exclusive stories, author insights, and more! Claim your literary throne!

0