(OsiriumWrites) Breachers -I- Path of Steel – Chapter 0 (Prologue)
114 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Breachers – Path of Steel

0

Prologue

- - -

Amidst an expanse of endless darkness, the man drifted, a timeless wanderer touched only by fragments of sensation—a distant sound of feeling, a lingering scent, a feeling. It offered him a strange kind of peace, an escape from the chaos outside that he wasn’t familiar with. He was devoid of understanding, his identity, and the passage of time as foreign to him as his own mind, hollow in every aspect. In this state of existence, he simply was... disconnected from the complexities of anything else.

 

Out of nowhere, a piercing pain stabbed his center, snapping him back into existence within his ruined body and fractured mind. Weakness, weariness, and searing agony flooded over him, confusing him beyond words. In an instant, a burning wave of energy crashed into him, forcing his eyes open while suffering indescribable pain. He grappled with his own confusion at what he was seeing and hearing.

 

His eyes struggled to focus, the world appearing strange and unfamiliar. Yet, even through the haze, he could see a creature hovering above. Grime and shadows clung to its form, hiding any recognizable features, including a face. Instead, he could only see a warped image of himself reflected back, sending a shiver down his spine. The smell that came off the figure was one of rot and decay. With a forceful grip, the creature’s claw pressed against his chest, piercing his flesh with a chilling coldness. All the while, an alarm blared relentlessly, and a chorus of distant shouts swirled around him, amplifying his confusion to new heights.

 

Desperation welled up within him, urging him to scream, to fight it off, but his feeble body and clouded mind prevented any sound from escaping. Not that he recalled the words needed to. He remained imprisoned within his own flesh, forced to watch as the creature exerted pressure on his convulsing frame, siphoning something important from his body and mind. Ultimately, all that remained in his mind were silent screams, amplifying the violence of his trembling body until darkness embraced him.

- - -

Copyright: OsiriumWrites

Copyright NOTICE: Welcome to Breachers by OsiriumWrites on royalroad.com/ScribbleHub/wattpad. If you’re reading this message on another website, my work has been reproduced without permission.

5