Is he human ?
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

How can they kill in such a manner? Her hate towards the vampires grows as the feminine voice on the radio announces that another three people were killed.

If she could kill all of them, she would do it without feeling remorse.

She had her reasons. When she was around 10, her parents were killed by vampires. She saw the teeth sink in the neck of his father. Her mother ran to cover her but the vampire caught her biting near her collarbone. After they feasted on, they glanced at her and left.

She feels blessed to have an uncle that sacrificed a lot to take care of her. He found her crying over the dead bodies. She still remembers the way she cried in his arms, that kept her warm.

The car parks in front of a huge house. She pays and pushes the door in a hurry. She is 10 min. late. Her uncle, the one and only Athanase Faris, is a worrywart when it came to her. So, she prepares to be scolded.

In the hall, her steps echo as she runs to the kitchen.

"Dragomir Dina!" The man lowers the newspaper and looks over his glasses. It is clear that he is mad. His glare is piercing through her body and she lowers her head. Her hands are fidgety.

"How many times I told you to call me if you will be late?" His tone denotes the how much worried he was. It wasn't the first time she would forgot.

"Tell me, why do you have a phone for? "The rhetoric question drops like a stone on her head.

She is ashamed to rise her head but manages to glance when he moves his eyes on the cup of peppermint tea.

"I will tell you! You have it to call your parents when you are late." Faris sips from his cup , still not over his anger.

"I will call next time." Dina can't hold back anymore and looks him in the eyes, as if to convince him that she really means it.

"I will see that …" He sighs and wraps the newspaper then tosses it in the garbage bin.

What can she do to appease him? Well, Dina knows a way to ease the atmosphere , at least.

"Uncle, today I scored a 10 at math! Your lessons really helped me!"

On his clouded face a grin spreads till his ears. She approaches and sits at the table as her face emanates the same energy as his.

"Well, I can't be prouder of you! I kind of knew you were going to get a 10. You are smart, after all. My baby girl can do what ever she put her head to it."

The happy atmosphere is her favorite. She never liked to have tension between them. Dina always tried her beast to please him.

He claps like a seal as he jumps from his chair. His face darkens and he caches his long hair in a bun.

Dina is just observing him. One of her weaknesses is that she is way to calm in tensed situations. Noting fazed her anymore after her parents slaughter.

What? Her still rested posture stares at the uncle who turns his head and smiles at her. He can't fool her!

She senses that something is happening. Why is Faris not saying anything?

"Stay here! I will go check. "His tone lowers while his smile looks more like a smirk.

He heads towards the entrance door. His steps don't make a sound as if he slides on the sheen of a lake.

Why is he walking like that? She is not yet used to this. When she was younger, she smashed the very expensive vase he just bought. She remembers that as she was gathering the broken pieces, he taped her shoulder and her scream remain a habit till now. Since then, she always felt like he is watching her. Faris' way of disciplining her was indeed unique but effective.

Dina still doesn't know how he can slide like that. Well, she remembers that once she tried to copy him but failed miserably. What made her oil her legs and mess the hall thinking that she will succeed? She couldn't stop herself and bumped onto him instead of scaring him.

Faris is in the hall. His eyes change color and his nail grow. The red eyes scan the house. He can see through the walls. More than ten men dress in black wonder around the Vila. He is outnumbered.

In a flash he slides in the kitchen. His eyes are black and his nails are trimmed.

Dina rises her eyebrows. He is putting his hands on her shoulders.

"Look at me! I don't have time to explain but please don't hate me." He backs off.

The girl is baffled would she hate him? Her calm reassures the uncle that there's no way she would hate him.

"Stand up! "She follows his instructions. The serious face he makes is a rare sight. He only made this face when he found her.

A shiver goes down her spine as she realizes that something bad will happen. No! It can't be!

She loved her life how it was even without her parent.

The man took a knife and presses it against his wrist, the blood flows off the slit.

Dina can't belief her eyes. The blood flows toward her and engulfs her.

"My friend Ralph will take care of you!"

His voice is resounding in her ears as the blood swallows her body. She sees black. What is happening?

Faris instructs the teleportation system in his blood.

//Take her to Ralph//

[ At your command!]

Dina's mind is puzzled. What to think? Her body is complete and she can fell her heart beating against her chest. But she can't move as a fish in a net.

What is Faris? Can a human do this? No way!

Who is this Ralph? Faris never brought anyone in the Vila as long as she remembers. They were the only people living in the big house.

The darkness fades as a light takes over.

What's happening? Is she going to heaven?

0