A trap or truth ?
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sebastian looks at the two sitting at the table. Getting tired of smoking, he snaps his finger and a maid appears. With a tired tone, he reveals his wish," Make me the coffee." The maid vanishes right after he finishes speaking, as he snaps his fingers again.
The girl in front of him is in utter confusion and the tread of sadness could be felt by miles away. He never wished to see her like that. The image reminds him of his friend, Nicolai, Dina's father. He used to have the same rained face when he was sad and worried.
With a short laugh, Sebastian catches their attention.
Dina sighs deeply and as her resolve crumbles she decides to ask more things." I am not sure yet if what you say is true or not. Can you tell me how do you know my father?" Her lips are rosy as she bit them before asking the question that will surely bring dark memories in her head.
"Me, Ralph, and your father were disciples of your grandfather, the greatest man, Lord Stefan Athanase. There were times we worked together to catch the stray vampires. Good times, till I stole Ralph's girlfriend. "His laugh sounded in the room, the kids utterly unaware if they should laugh or make a cross sign.
"Since then, Ralph befriended Faris, your mother's brother. Faris never was the action man. Always with his head in books. "Sebastian stops and sips from the coffee that the maid just placed on the table. The old maid brought some pudding with her." What did you bring pudding? Here is not a dining room."
"I am deeply sorry, Lord. I thought the girl would like some." Her face was directed towards her feet waiting for Sebastian to send her back.
"My queen, do you like puddings?" Sebastian raises an eyebrow and takes the pudding from the maid's hands. The plate is slid towards her by the man who sees her eyes sparkle at the pudding. Her answer was not needed.
"Thank you …" She looks towards the maid and takes a spoonful of pudding. After the stair walking, her stomach was growling just looking at the coffee Sebastian was drinking, even though she didn't like coffee.
As the maid leaves, teleported by Sebastian, he continues his talk. The girl looked at him intensely as she was eating. A short laugh escapes his mouth.
"What was I saying …." He takes a sip from the coffee.
"You said my uncle was with his head in the books …Is true." Dina swallows another spoonful and nods. She realizes that what Sebastian is saying is true. Even though he was not a good man, his words seemed to be true, the more he storied her about his past.
"Yeah…So these two, Ralph and your uncle become good friends. I considered Ralph ganging with a high-class fox though. Faris was befriending him only to go against me. "
"Why was my uncle against you?" Her curiosity grew as she immersed herself in the words Sebastian says. Her anxiety towards Sebastian lowered as her guard dropped. She forgot about the wedding, about Angelo…even about August. The boy was silently listening to what his father said. His curiosity piqued too.
"I stole his girlfriend. "Sebastian said nonchalantly taking another sip from his coffee.
"PFFF" Dina felt like laughing but at the same time, she was thinking that he deserved the hate.
"Was it even a good reason to hate a man, because of a girl? If he had been a real man, Cassandra would have not fallen for my advance. "His words hit August.
Cassandra was his mom. The woman Sebastian killed with rage when he found out that she had him with another man. She was the only one he married though. But how can he talk so easily about her?
"Who is Cassandra?" Dina said without thinking that that would backfire on August.
"His mother, my wife. "Sebastian said in a cold tone glancing at August who stiffened." The woman you saw in the picture as you came here." He turns his gaze towards Dina who stops eating.
"I understand …." She wants to stop the tension but she doesn't know the cause of the tension. She continues," Is that why my uncle never married?"
Her voice cut the tension as Sebastian changed his tone, into one more warm full of joy.
"I never meant that though." His answer makes Dina frown and smile.
"Of course, you didn't … so this is the reason my uncle uses me and Ralph? He just wants you to suffer? Since he probably can't catch you ….."
Her conclusion is summaries the talk." You are smart, my Queen. "
Sebastian smirks and puts the cup of coffee on the table. He closes the distance and with a serious tone he says," I promised to make sure you don't end up like your parents. Staying near me, and marrying August, is for the better. A marriage is anyway a curse."
Dina flinches. What can she say to this? She is a vampire so hurting, won't matter much. But marrying ...Angelo pops into her head.
"As long as you don't leave the castle, you will be safe. No more escaping. "The man rises from his seat and comes near her while putting the crystals in his pocket." Where's my answer?"
Dina thinks that for now escaping won't be in her plan, so she says with a serious face, "I will stay here. I still have answers to find." Her gaze is looking at the man who smiles briefly.
"Then, I will see you at dinner, my Queen." Sebastian shifts his gaze to August and has a few words for him too." Take care of her. Else, I will take care of you." His tone was icy compared to the warm tone used towards the girl.
"Yes, father." August nods and gathers his palms together. Subtly picking at his thumb.
Sebastian disappears in thin air as the blood engulfs him.
Now Dina is sitting at the table with August who seems relieved that his father left.
"Where is he going?" The girl seems intrigued by the man who few minutes ago was disinterested and disgusted to know anything about him.
"Why do you care?" August seems displeased to see her interest growing towards his father.
She frowns and turns towards him on her chair, so that she can see him properly.
"I was thinking that I should know. You don't think I fell into his trap, don't you?" She smirks.
The boy lessens his irritation and looks at her, not a word spoken." I still trust you more. You are my friend and those who treat you badly, are also my enemy." Her voice warms his heart as she tilts her head.
Dina looks at the boy who is slowly calming down.
"I hope you don't fall into his trap …. He …he is cruel." His tone is the same as always. Protective as always.
"Why is that …? If you can tell me …." Her lips are bitten, realizing that she should have not said that.
Without hesitation, the boy tells the story that ruined his childhood and most of his life.
"Since I was young he looked at me with his cold black eyes. I wondered why I was hated. Later I witnessed mom's death. He told me she slept with another bastard as she did when she conceived me. I was speechless ..and terrified. Since then, I become his boxing sack …sort of."
His short laugh seemed similar to Sebastian' , from Dina's perspective. That was it: a bitter laugh. A laugh that didn't have any joy in it.
"I am sorry …." Dina stretches her hand to touch the boy's hand that was resting on the handle of the chair. Her parents' death was a turmoil for her, however, in his situation, the turmoil turned into a trauma for sure.
"No…don't be …What you said to me made me come to a decision." His eyes glowed with desire. His hand presses hers. In the past, he accepted his fate, but now she made him feel like he could be free. Escape from the guilt – his birth causing Sebastian to act that way – and hatred towards his father as well as the trauma of his mother dying in front of him.
"Is it a good decision or a bad one?" She says playfully.
"Hmmm…. I think is a good one. But you have to hear it, and decide for yourself." The atmosphere gave off a weird vibe. She wonders what kind of stuff he boiled in his mind.
'I hope I am not included …ha…..why do I feel that I am definitely included ?!' Her lip twitches ….
Her smile is twisted and she pulls her hand but he doesn't let go of it.
August breaths deeply," Wait a second. I have to say it while holding your hand. I need support …."
Dina feels like she caught her ears in something she shouldn't have. Her heart slowly sinks ….
"Ok …hahaha…." Her nervous laugh is accompanied by her head shift from the boy's gaze to the window.
'How about I jump out?....too late ….' She sobs internally.

0