Old friends
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On a dark street in New York are heard steps moving forward at a slow pace. The man walking looks down on the humans in shreds. Blood is spilled everywhere. His shoes are leaving red marks as he steps on clean patches of concrete.
After a right turn in front of him is a dead end. A group of three men is talking in a low tone. As they sense him, they turn their head in his direction.
With patience, they wait till Sebastian makes his way to them. However, their faces describe impatience and worry are seen on their faces.
"Lord Sebastian! Good thing that you came." A man with sportswear is starting the conversation. He was known as the "Spy ". The Circle has a few of those spies that ensure that new info or new occurrences are spotted in a fast way.
As Ralph was no longer between them, the stray vampires seemed to multiply as well as the victims. Not all vampires were powerful enough to catch other vampires in crystals.
"They killed around 50 souls…." A man around thirty wearing a white robe is giving a short report as he looks on the ground.
Sebastian sighs and pulls a cigarette from his pocket. He never liked to take care of filthy things. The smell of blood given by the humans killed makes his stomach twist.
"We never had this many people killed before …The news will bloom with this event …also we are in danger of having our identity revealed.
Sebastian ignores the trio and observes careful a body. The bite on the nape seemed pretty small. The teeth were not fully sunk either. Some blood still lingers from the holes left. The same conclusion is taken from all the bodies the man inspects further.
After letting out a small laugh, Sebastian turns to them," Who do you think was behind all this?"
They look at each other and in unison say," The stray vampires !?"
Sebastian frowns and with a smirk takes his leave," Good luck cleaning all this mess. I will go catch the real culprits."
The trio is left behind as the man takes a few steps and with a snap he vanishes leaving behind his finished cigarette on the ground tosses.
"Don't you think his too rude to be a lord?" The spy is sprouting. The other man who was also a spy is watching him quietly. His hand brushes a strand of his medium hair behind his ear. As he sighs, passes before the two, and starts to burn bodies. "But he is the most powerful …. we can't do anything about that." The man whispers.
"Indeed." The doctor approves what the man who is burning bodies one by one, said.
"Not fair …" The spy is still not fine with Lord Sebastian's attitude." Not to mention he didn't tell us who the real culprits are …he is so mean! "
"That's also true." The doctor nods.
…..
August leaves the castle teleporting in a mysterious room. It was one of the underground maze of rooms, given the fact that it had no windows or a roof. It had spacious rooms underground where no human had access since it didn't have any entry route. Only those who knew about the rooms could teleport there.
August steps on the floor as some other vampires are there too. Two guys were sitting on the couch on the right wall, three were slurping some blood from glasses, sitting on chairs around a small table.
The new presence made them giggle.
"Guess who it is! The soon-to-be Great leader! Should we do a bow, my friend?" A black-haired guy looking similar to August puts his glass on the table and strolls towards him, giving the boy a hug over his shoulders.
"Told you to not hug me, Marcus …." August frowns. The boy named Marcus steps back and smirks.
"As if I would listen to you …you know me too well. Anyways, what got you here?" He strides to the table and fetches his glass of blood. Some red liquid lingers on the corner of his mouth, just to be licked with his tongue in a cool way.
August sits on the empty chair." Is the offer still available?" He puts some blood from the big cup in a glass.
"The one about you becoming a member of us? "Another boy butt in, his colored hair was always a sour look for August.
"Yeah…" He replies shortly as he sips from the glass. His body felt refreshed from the sip he took.
"You are always welcome here, although I am curious what made you come to this decision. Did you finally rebel against your old man?... Hard to believe." A giggle is heard in the room, as others listen carefully to what their leader spoke. None dared to join the conversation since August was more powerful than any of them, only Marcus could talk like that with him.
"Maybe …. I want to have my revenge. You guys could have an easier life if he were sealed too. Is a win-win situation." August takes nonchalantly another sip. His face was dead serious.
"What? Have you gone crazy?" Marcus is disturbed. Not only did he know August to be a puppet in his father's hands but he knew that Sebastian was the most powerful vampire.
"I have other backups too …" August takes from his pocket a red crystal.
"Who's this? "Marcus is taking the crystal from August's hands and inspecting it.
"A former enemy ..", he said letting out a short laugh, then he continued," Kidding …He is Angelo de Laire. You know his father." August seems to have to be in a good mood as the blood he drank makes him feel more relaxed than before.
"How would I not know his father …Ralph de Laire …He was the one catching my girlfriend …" Marcus's sour words are rolling out of his mouth with regret. That time he couldn't do anything, just watch how the man caught his girlfriend, hid behind a house. He told her to not do it …..Two or three humans were the victims of his girlfriend.
"You better hold your grudge against this one …..also Ralph was caught by my father a few days ago. Consider your revenge done."
August looks at the boy who seems to not like his words.
"…..What I want is my girlfriend back. About Angelo…he is not my problem."
Marcus spits while brushing his black hair back. Other guys look at the two talking and all know what their leader is talking about. Some of the guys in the room went through a similar experience.
"What is your plan?" Marcus glances at August who finishes his glass.
"I want to strike when the ceremony will be made. You guys can enter easily in the castle since I will invite you. However, I came here to tame Angelo, or more like see if he will cooperate."
Marcus is thinking and weighing the plan as he claps his hands. "Good! Let's form the territory capsule, guys! Today we witness August ~ the Trainer ~!" With laughter, the guys form a circle in the middle of the room after placing the crystal in the center.
When this capsule was formed the vampire inside could not use his blood to escape, similar to how Sebastian caught Ralph and Faris. Just that normal vampires had to group to do the spell. Sebastian is the only one able to form the spell with just a few words.
After saying in unison, the spell, a red layer covered the space like a capsule. August smiled and with a snap, he broke the crystal that was inside the capsule.
Angelo stands in the middle of the guys. His clothes were the same as the ones he wore in the Circle. His ruffled wild hair shadowed his eyes which were glaring. He knows what he was into. However, he had no idea of what August was planning.
"What do you want?" His raspy voice shots towards August who stands in front of him, the capsule being like a wall between them.
"So, you have no manners like your father? How about greetings first? We might work together in the future. "Marcus frowns and smirks before glancing at August who seems nonchalant of his intervention.
"Why would I work with you? You guys are pretty low …five people holding a capsule?! Funny …. I hold the power of three of you." Angelo gives a mocking face to the boy that he doesn't even care to know his name.
Marcus wants to defend his subordinates but August cuts him short putting his hand on his shoulder.
"That's why we need you. Don't you want to catch my father and free Dina?" August steps into the conversation.
August finches when the name of the girl is brought up.
Marcus smirks sensing that the boy will cooperate in the end given his reaction. He knows now that August knew what he was doing. The boy backs up, leaving everything to August.
"…..How is she?" In his mind, Angelo hopes that the girl is safe and sound. He made sure that she would not be killed, making her a vampire but that doesn't mean that with one wrong move, Sebastian could not put her in a crystal.
August feels irritated a little by his worry for the girl …" She is good ..for now ."

0