A Call
33 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Well, here we go again I guess! A new fanfic, this time between MHA and my personal favorite anime of all time, Violet Evergarden. Let’s see what happens!

I don’t own MHA or Violet Evergarden, please support all official releases.


“Yes Mrs. Evergarden, I understand. She will get a chance to take the entrance exam, I promise.” Principal Nezu stated as he was just wrapping up a conversation with an old friend.

“It was good speaking to you too, have a good day Mrs. Evergarden.” At that, Nezu hung up the phone and released a sigh that he was holding in, the conversation going on a lot longer than he thought it would have.

Sighing, he waited for the copier to fish out the information on this “Violet” that he was told little about. When he tried to get more information from Mrs. Evergarden, all she said was that the papers she faxed to him would explain everything.

With a ding, the papers were finished. Getting up from his seat, he made his way over and retrieved the papers.

“Violet Evergarden.” He muttered to himself as he looked at the picture of the completely stoic girl staring back at him.

Heading back to his seat, he opened the papers he was given and began reading.

He immediately ran into something odd. She had no prior education. No elementary, no secondary, no nothing. It was like she hadn't even gone to school.

Yet reading the information on her, it says that she has highly advanced reading and comprehension skills including learning multiple different languages. Speaking of that, they were actually listed. Reading, he saw that she knew German, English, French, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, Chinese, and a whole slew more. To say Nezu was impressed was an understatement.

Thankfully, there was standard information listed as well, such as height, weight and sex, but what really caught his attention was her quirk, “Superhuman.”

Reading over the information, he was once again left impressed. Her quirk was essentially what it said, she was superhuman.

Stronger than a majority of people with strength enhancing quirks, faster then some speedsters, more durable than a decent amount of defense oriented quirks. Overall, while she wasn’t the top in most categories, she certainly wasn’t weak in any of them either. She was a souped up jack of all trades.

Turning the page to her history, Nezu quickly got started on reading. His once quaint set of mind quickly soured at what he read, and it only got worse.

“This, poor, poor, girl.” Nezu murmured sadly as he read over Violet’s past. From all accounts, it seemed as if she didn’t even exist before her tenth birthday, everything before being completely blank. No family, no education, no nothing. According to her, she’s been roaming around the forests of Germany for her whole life.

Then everything changed one day. Germany and France had been at war for a little over six months, the former alliance that held them together haven been dissolved when quirks first started appearing, yet the casualties were already devastating and the frontlines weren’t budging an inch. The war was so devastating that they had to start conscripting their populations, especially those with powerful quirks. Apparently a Captain in the German Kriegsmarine, Dietfried Bougainvillea, found Violet roaming the coasts. There was apparently an altercation between Violet and some of his men, which led to Violet being captured, but not before injuring several of his sailors, even maiming one.

Seeing her potential, Dietfried put Violet against some captured French sailors from a previous battle in a death match. While the sailors had some decently powerful quirks, they weren’t enough to stop Violet and in the end, to quote the paper’s, “Four men and one girl were thrown in a pit and made to fight to the death, only the girl came out alive.” One of Dietfried’s men commented after the battle.

Knowing Violet could do more elsewhere, he sent her to his brother, Gilbert, who was in Wehrmacht. According to reports, Gilbert was a much nicer man than his brother and taught Violet everything from math, to basic grammar. He even gave her the name “Violet” as she didn’t have a name before then, only being called “girl” during her time with Gilbert’s brother.

Reading further, Nezu noted that Gilbert took Violet along with him everywhere, including into battle. He visibly winced at the amount of battles that Violet was reportedly seen in, there had to be dozens, and according to reports, Violet was the main reason a lot of those battles were one. She even got a few nicknames, both from allies and enemies. The Germans called her “Killing Machine”, while the French mainly referred to her as “Germany’s Soldier Maiden”. How he didn’t know about her, especially with her feats, he didn’t know, but he could probably guess that both sides hid much news about her for many reasons.

She continued serving in the Army for years, until the final battle of the war at “Intense.” Nezu’s eyes visibly widened at that, he knew what Intense was. It is what many consider to be one of the most impenetrable fortresses in the world. Well, “was” would be more apt.

That fortress was the sole reason the war had gone on for so many years. For the Germans to get to Paris, they would have to go through Intense, the French made sure of it. Germany had been banging on the doors to the fort for years, but every time they were rebuffed. It seemed it was going to remain like that, the Germans continuously throwing soldiers at the fort till either it broke or they had to give up. The latter seemed more and more likely as years went on, and just as they were about to call it quits, they went for more Hail Mary. They sent in Violet.

Unlike all previous times, they actually broke through the defenses. They fought on and on, with both sides losing many casualties, until finally, the Germans had done it. They broke Intense.

According to Violet, everything was quiet for a moment before a shot rang out and hit Gilbert right in the eye. She didn’t recall much after that, only remembering a few gruesome parts. Parts at which Nezu had to take a little break at.

“You, poor girl.” Nezu again stated, tears actually threatening to flow from his eyes. Apparently, Violet lost her arms. She said one of them was from a grenade while another was from a particularly powerful caliber bullet.

At some time, the French had called an artillery strike down on the fort, and during the chaos while they tried to flee, Gilbert couldn’t go on any more and collapsed. Violet tried to get him out, even pulling with her own teeth, but she was just too injured. The last words he spoke to her before an artillery shot knocked her out was “I love you.”

According to the papers that Mrs. Evergarden sent him, she has been trying to understand what those final words to her meant. She’s apparently been emotionally stunted, seeming like a machine in her actions. It would support the nickname the Germans gave her.

After the battle, the French finally surrendered. Their best soldiers were at Intense and they were already scraping the barrel for troops. They couldn’t go on any longer. The treaty was signed in D.C, with representatives from all over the world attending and to mitigate it. All Might was even one of them.

In the end, France gave up some land and has been ordered to pay reparations. After a little over half a decade, the war was finally over.

But Nezu already knew that, his attention was solely on Violet and her story.

He read through it all, from the time she woke up, to her becoming a ward of the Evergarden family, to being employed at a Postal Company. That last tidbit actually intrigued him as it was one of the things he and Mrs. Evergarden spoke about. One of the conditions that had to be met was that Violet must stay employed in that company and be able to do her job. A “doll” as Mrs. Evergarden put it.

While letters were pretty much obsolete, there was still a market for them and they were even making a massive resurgence as of late. Even in Japan this was happening as Nezu is keenly aware of, especially among the student body. The amount of love letters he has seen these past few years have been more than he has seen in decades put together.

According to her, the company that Violet works for will be setting up a branch office in Japan, and Violet will be their first employee. She was pretty much here to test the waters for them, and while she didn’t like the thought of leaving Germany, considering she believed that Gilbert was still alive, she reluctantly agreed after some coaxing from her boss and Mrs. Evergarden.

After reading the last bit, Nezu put down the papers and sat back in his chair for a bit, a whole slew of emotions going through him. He was sad, angry, disappointed and a whole lot more. But foremost, he was determined.

Picking up the phone he dialed Mrs. Evergarden’s number in hopes she can answer a few questions for him. He has an emotionally stunted girl that was coming into his care, one that has seen and been through enough violence for more than a dozen lifetimes, let alone one. He doesn’t even want to begin to imagine what her psyche is like.

She may just be the most damaged person he has ever seen and was definitely the most damaged that would ever walk through his school's doors to become a hero. He was determined to take back what was stolen from her for all those years.

He was going to make her feel again.


There it is, I hope you enjoyed it!

Yeah, I'm starting a new Fanfic. Bad idea? Maybe. Do I care? Not really. I wasn't kidding when I said Violet Evergarden was my favorite anime, heck, it's my favorite show. No show has ever got me so emotional and it was the one that's actually inspired me to write. 

So, pairings. To be honest, Violet (most likely) won't be getting involved with any of the characters for two reasons. One I just like GilbertxViolet to much and second, I just don't see her character letting her do that. But you can argue against me with that of you want.

I'm sure you all have a bunch of questions on the world and how things went, so if you want those answered, shoot me a message and I'll answer them as long as they don't contain spoilers. 

Last thing before I go is to ask you all to please review. If you liked it, tell me, if you didn't, also tell me. I love to hear from you all and I want to improve, so don't be afraid to point stuff out that you don't like or where I made a mistake. I will actually thank you for it more than likely.

But, that's all I got for you for now, so until next time, and have an amazing day!

4