Rage Fire – The General Way he loves his Husband. 22.
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Rage Fire - The General Way he loves his Husband. 22.
“Maki! Lu wants to you… oh… Oh! You’re not Maki”
Sitting at his husband’s desk, Tatsumi couldn’t resist sitting at a proper desk again. Maki’s desk reflected his husband’s stubbornness with physical paperwork piled up, leaving only barely enough space to work. When you needed something only signed once, then all evidence obliterated, paper was still the way to go.
Smiling politely at the woman that had rushed in, Tatsumi didn’t recognise her, nor did he know Maki had someone so pretty working for him
“Maki’s in the briefing right now. I’m his husband, Hikaru-Sato Tatsumi”
No, he didn’t need to give his full name, but with all his depression came his anxieties leaving him wanting to openly stake his claim on his husband. The woman strained a smile back, or maybe it was his anxiety telling him it seemed strained when in actuality she was simply being polite back? The woman drew herself together 
“Right! The briefing. I’m sorry for disturbing you. Maki left you here unattended?”
“He didn’t have much choice. We’re working together on a school trip for my students so they can get a taste of base life. I have some work to mark then I need start drafting the proposal”
The woman frowned
“I’m sorry, you’re not supposed to be in here unsupervised, even if you are Maki’s husband. Some of those documents are extremely sensitive. I don’t want either of you to get into trouble”
“I promise you I haven’t looked. If I had, it would have been recorded on the video monitoring of this room. Maki requested I wait here and make a start on my work while he was busy, Ms…?”
Straightening, the woman adopted an at ease pose, yet barked her name as if called out by her CO
“Private Song Moon. Moon is my given name. Song is my family name”
“It’s nice to meet you, Private Song. I’ll be sure to remember that the next time we meet. I have clearance to be on base. Please rest assured that I am simply working on my work. Ms Molly Stout and Mister Francis Fulleru can confirm my identity if you require, if they’re not in the briefing with Li and Maki. If the desk is the problem, I’m happy to move to the sofa”
Private Song visibly relaxed
“Please, if you don’t mind?”
“No problem at all. I rem-… No, never mind. I don’t suppose you can point me to the canteen? I forgot to bring my water bottle with me”
“I’ll fetch you some water”
“Only if it’s no trouble. The way you came bursting in tells me you’re busy. When your superior is telling you do so something everything else seems to go from your mind”
Ah. Tatsumi told himself not to be that man and there he went being that man as he sympathised with Private Moon. He should have known better than to be lured in by the appeal of an actual desk with a non-tampered chair. Private Moon stiffened back up
“I’m sorry, even if you have clearance you shouldn’t be wandering around unsupervised. Maybe you would be more comfortable waiting in one of the areas family is cleared for?”
“Maki asked me to wait here. He’ll tell me off if I’m not here when he returns. I’d rather not make my husband worry, he does that too much as it is”
Seeing he’d barely started unpacking, Tatsumi silently bid farewell to the chair, and walked over to the sofa to settle down. His husband’s natural scent clung to the fabric, giving him the impression that it’d been the alpha’s bed more than once. Settling down, he made sure he kept all his actions deliberate. Maki had enough on his mind with the possibility of being sent off planet, and Tatsumi had had enough of being bullied. Yes, he shouldn’t be left with secretive documents, but he’d had been vetted when Maki applied for his visitors pass then granted access despite his past. Private Song watched him intently. Tatsumi half heartedly saluted her
“I’ll be quite alright here. Everything is being recorded and I promise not to move from this spot. Never mind the water, go let Lu know that Maki is busy for now”
Private Song looked to her datapad, her expression utterly unpleased
“I… don’t…”
And like that Tatsumi was done… They were likely to be stuck in an infinite loop if this kept up 
“Miss Song, I was asked to wait here by Maki. It may be against protocol, but it is what my husband asked. I’m not going to go snooping, I’m not about to run over and steal all his paperwork, then make a break for it. I’m aware that we may have to reschedule planning for the school students, and that I may only see my husband long enough for him to say he’s sorry. I’m not about to try get you in trouble, and everything is being recorded. Please don’t be so wary of me, how are we going to both be friends and help Maki if we’re not talking and you’re so wary of me?”
“You’re not supposed to be in here and I don’t know the protocol! This is Maki’s office!”
Oops. Now he’d been scolded. Private Song scrunching her eyes closed tightly as she yelled at him. Tatsumi resisted laughing. The young woman was where he’d once been
“Private Song, please go back to your CO and report it if you feel it’s necessary. I’ve got a babysitter camera and I’ve got work to do. I’m ex-military, Maki would have told everyone by now that I was a Field Commander, so I’m very well aware of how a base works and at my time of leaving my clearance was much higher than Maki’s currently is. It’s okay to not know what to do and it’s good to question someone and why they’re here suddenly. That’s what you should do. Please go back to your CO. We’re going in circles here and I don’t want you to get into trouble for loitering”
Huffing, Private Song turned and stormed out of Maki’s office. Tatsumi laughing to himself as he pulled out his own datapad. From the way she’d yelled at him, he was quite sure he’d suspected right and the woman had an interest in his husband. Having Maki’s actual physical husband appear after only being a “rumour” probably hadn’t felt all that nice on her end. Had this happened on Friday Tatsumi probably would have been at the end of his rope, but he’d had Maki and they’d talked about it… and now Private Song knew he was there there were bound to be people coming to take a look at the “mythical husband”. This was all his husband’s fault. If Maki wasn’t so handsome and so incredibly sweet, then he wouldn’t be so goddamn popular. His husband was completely oblivious to his cute charms and time had only made them all the shinier.
As Tatsumi predicted, not long after Private Song left, eyes appeared at Maki’s door. Tatsumi didn’t know the correct phase for a group of gossipers, yet a gaggle of gossipers seemed correct. Thinking they’d covered themselves well by only chancing glances, the omega could only laugh to himself. If the rumour mill worked as fast as it should, everyone would know he was an ex-field commander be curious how an upcomer ended up with him. Seeing his husband had to work with them, Tatsumi decided to play nice, calling over to them
“I don’t bite. You can come in”
The whispers grew louder, then finally one of the group was shoved in first. A tall man whose expression screamed panic, and betrayal by his friends stuttered out. If they were on Terra he’d have been a strong 8 in looks, and if Tatsumi was 10 years younger he may have considered it
“Um… uh…”
“I’m Hikaru-Sato Tatsumi. Tatsumi is fine, come on in”
“Oh… I don’t want to disturb you”
“I’m only working on student marking, it’s nothing that can’t wait. Besides, my husband isn’t here and it seems to me that your friends have a few questions?”
Unlike Private Song, the man nodded quickly
“Are you sure it’s okay?”
“I wouldn’t offer if it wasn’t. Do your friends want to come in too?”
“I don’t know if I’d call them friends. They sent me in because I’ve seen you before”
That was new to Tatsumi. The man knew him? The stranger, that apparently wasn’t a stranger, walked over to sit next to Tatsumi. His eyes an unusual shade of purple 
“Sorry, I can’t place you”
“I was in the same competition as Maki. He doesn’t seem to remember me either. My brother won”
In Tatsumi’s defence it was at the competition nearly four years ago… But he’d never forget the annoyance of a Starcaller
“Your brother had that red Starcaller? Damn, we still used that in our training. Were you at Tellegas?”
“I’m an omega, so no Tellegas for me. Hizuru Lachlan, I came second”
It clicked. Maki had mentioned that to him in the past
“Right! I remember Maki mentioned you before. He couldn’t wait to tell me that you came in second”
“My brother went easy on me, you know, being the omega brother and all”
“Nonsense. I kept coaching for another two years and I know you put up a fight. Maki was so excited about an omega coming second. Are you fast tracking too?”
“No, no. My brothers already had two promotions and he’s taken front line work. My family told me to find a post out of the way”
Tatsumi wrinkled his nose. Military families could be that way
“That’s disappointing. What made you choose here?”
“The rebellion. My brother might be rising, but here I’m both out the way and able to see some action. Actually, I came out here to see what Maki was up to now. He said he was going to marry you when we talked. I think everyone from the completion remembers him”
“He’s pretty unforgettable”
“He definitely stood out. Your school did too… He’s been talking on and on about you. He says you’re teaching?”
“I am. Did you bring your own mech? Is it still the same?”
Hizuru’s look turned to disgust
“I have my brother’s hand me down. It’s an Erebus, and a piece of shit”
An Erebus was only as shit as its owner. Tatsumi would kill to be able to pilot one again… yet had to hide his enthusiasm 
“Why haven’t you requested new parts?”
“Because it’s a piece of shit”
Ohhhh… if only he could hit Hizuru. Tatsumi held back the hit, but landed his words precisely 
“If you don’t trust your mech you won’t last long. A shit mech can still kill its own pilot but a shit mech in the hands of the right pilot is gold… you know that. If you’ve got your mods I’ll give you tips on what to request”
“You don’t need to go that far. We’re not in school anymore”
“Exactly. You can’t cut your blood out, but you can stand on your own and cut your own path. So what if it’s second hand? Maki’s running around in my old mech and that was crushed. He refuses to upgrade too… and that’s his choice. Make your mech your own. Your listed as its owner now, so even if they want it back tell them to fuck off”
Hizuru laughed. A whole body laugh that felt nice to hear
“So you know my family fears me, don’t you? It’s the eyes. Our eyes have…”
The Empire was a large place. Racial traits for some people weren’t uncommon. Tatsumi couldn’t remember the name of the particular planet but he could remember the rumours…
“The ability to make people talk… you’re one of those?”
“Yeah. Mum was the side mistress”
“So? You’re still you. Get your specs up. We’ll put the order in and if you need anything else I’m shipping my Goliath here in December”
Hizuru’s face lit up
“You’ve got a Goliath?!”
“Yeah. It was my best friend’s. Our other friend saved my mech and his mech for me. Now my old mech is Maki’s, the Goliath is mine. I’m trying to make a life on the outside, but it’s fucking hard, kid. Honestly, the only reason to go is the kids and they hate me. Let me be cool for the first time in months and get our specs. I’m assuming you don’t really want to be sent into combat with your mech, or you’re hoping it’ll be destroyed?”
Realising Tatsumi had accidentally met his eyes, Hizuru pulled a pair of sunglasses out of his pocket and covered them
“A bit of both”
“Don’t be like that. Us old pilots envy you guys who still can. Adjusting to not piloting is one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to endure. Let me help you. I’m an old omega with a bit of experience, you’re still finding your feet”
“I’ve been in the military three years”
“And had a shit time of it. Maki wants to make a change and I want to support him. Let’s show them what two omegas can do”
“You really won’t mind?”
“Not at all. When Maki’s here then I’ll be here more often, but I can come by after work and on weekend to help. My best friend was an engineer, now he dabbles in everything. If he can’t get what you want then my other friend can”
“You really are connected…”
With how isolated Tatsumi had felt, he wished he’d not been quite so stubborn and visited the base sooner. It sounded like Hizuru hadn’t had a very good experience and needed better friends than the one that had pushed him in the room. Talking about Samara made him almost miss him… Between him and Skylark he’d been pushed back upright to stand on his own two feet and would never have met Maki otherwise. A smile played on his lips 
“It’s my friend… and I’ve been both in service and at Rage Fire for a combined 12 years”
“That’s so long”
“It passes before you know it. I’m happy to help”
“Can I think about it? Is that rude? I’m being rude”
“Nonsense. Some crazy guy is prattling on and going on about your mech. At your age I would have been swearing by now”
“I can’t picture that”
“Oh, I was a wild one. Any challenge and I’d take it, even the stupid ones”
“I still can’t picture that. You’re really not mad if I take time to think?”
“Not at all. Your mech needs to be an extension of your body. You need to think about it all, but then I can help”
“Thanks… I think I will make some changes. It’s obnoxiously red like his Starcaller”
“With a paint job it’ll all start feeling better… and there I go again. I’m probably also keeping you from your duties”
Hizuru shook his head quickly
“No… I don’t have much to do… but maybe I should get back. Do you need anything?”
“Some water would be great. If it’s not too much trouble”
“Getting drinks is like 90% of my job”
“Don’t let it get to you. You made it this far”
“I’ll try…”
“And don’t worry about Maki either. He’s as soft as a kitten inside. Talk to him if you want to change positions, he can help you. You should make friends with Li and Molly too. They’re good people”
“I’ll see if I can. Should I tell Maki who I am?”
“I think he’d be excited. He’ll probably swear, but it’ll be at himself”
“I’m surprised you two made it so long. I’m happy for both of you”
“I’m happy for us as well. Okay, don’t let me keep you any longer, and if I don’t see you before I leave, I’ll see you next time?”
“You just asked for water?”
Tatsumi snorted. He’d forgotten he had
“Okay, after you drop the water off then. Thanks, Hizuru”
“You’re welcome”
0