18
86 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 18 [ Dungeon, 2. Resurrection of the Core]

The fragments of the Dungeon Core brought back—are they really revived just by infusing magic? Grandpa Spirit Tree didn't know, but maybe he knows something useful?

"Well, you see, the idea of reviving a shattered Dungeon Core is unheard of throughout history. Elves might know something. How about asking my acquaintance elf?"

"Rejected. Whether it's possible or not, attempting to revive the Dungeon Core would be awkward if known."

"Hmm. Although it's a bit late for you, it might be better not to be known."

"So, any ideas that might be helpful?"

"Well, concerning Dungeon Cores, they can replenish magic through magic stones."

"How do you replenish it?"

"The same way you've been doing. Touch it with your hands and infuse magic."

"Is there any difference depending on the location? Like, is it more effective in areas with a concentration of magic?"

"Hmm. It's hard to say. But in the first place, Dungeon Cores grow by absorbing magic through Dungeon Seeds. So, it might be better in places filled with magic or magical elements."

"I see... In that case..."

"Master, you don't mean..."

"Yeah, exactly that. Let's take it back to my world. It's also a verification if we can infuse magic there."

...

So, now there's a piece of Dungeon Core in my apartment.

Infusing magic here went smoothly. Perhaps Slime's status is higher because it stayed here for a while, so touching the air and water here might enhance its effects a bit.

However, there's no concrete plan on what to do. I'll go back to the cave and ask my kids for their opinions.

"But how do we make things from another world touch it, Master?"

Well, I wanted to consult about that... Is giving it a bath not enough?

"To replenish the broken parts... What if we give it not only magic but also substances containing magical elements..."

Do Dungeon Cores eat things?

"Oh, Master, you taught us about pickles once, right? I remember."

Wait, Keen. Are you suggesting pickling the Dungeon Core in bran miso? What's with the pickled miso smell Dungeon Core?

"I don't know what bran miso is, but embedding it in something might work. But if we infuse magic every day, wouldn't it be a bother?"

Right. Besides, we don't have a bran bed, and the pickling idea is a pass.

"Oh, I remembered again, Master. There's something called smoking, right?"

Keen... Why are you always thinking about food? Well, is gaseous smoke more within acceptable limits than pickling in bran miso?

Unfortunately, I don't have smoking tools. Considering eating meat in the other world, having a set might be a good idea. But if I smoke every day, the cost of wood chips won't be trivial. The neighbors are also nosy. Are there any substitute items?

Searching the house, I found mosquito coils. I didn't go for an electronic mosquito coil for the sake of my aesthetic sense. Watching Dungeon Core fragments in a Mikan bag swaying and being smoked by mosquito coils is beyond strange.

...

Other than that... Oh, I've heard somewhere that some countess or someone bathed in a young girl's blood for rejuvenation. I don't know where to get living blood, so maybe I can try soaking it in alcohol or tea instead.

Rather than relying on mosquito coils or a sake bath in the apartment, I'll also take it to the cave every few days and try infusing magic there. Repeating inter-world travels should have a positive impact on magic balance.

As days pass, whether it's the effect of mosquito coils or sake baths, the Dungeon Core gradually grows larger. The two fragments seem to be growing as separate cores without merging. The cracks are becoming smoother, and the irregular shape is gradually returning to a spherical form. It took about twenty days for it to return to about seventy percent of its original size. I've kept records every day, but it feels like some kind of summer vacation research project. The Minister of Education's Award is undoubtedly in the bag for this.

When the Dungeon Core reaches about sixty percent of its original size, sporadic telepathic-like messages begin to arrive from the Dungeon Core. As the Core grows, the messages become clearer, and we eventually learn about the circumstances of the Core's destruction.

5